New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    guys, a friend was asking me, kung ano daw ang mas madali i-maintain at yung mas ok yung cost of running...

Honda City 1.3 S CVT or Nissan Sentra 1.3 GX M/T All Power

he is planning to get a new car and di po sya makapili...

obviously, budget car po talaga gusto nya... heard about the Nissan Sentra 1.3 GX M/T (super bare) ay 545k na lang ngayon... plus rockford fosgate yata yung head unit na may auxillary na....

any sentra 1.3 (N16 version) and city 1.3 s CVT owners there?

Fuel Consumption, maintenance cost (yung mga service check-up bills sa casa pag periodic maintenance na), and other feed back to the two cars...

it would really help my friend bigtime... he is planning to get a unit next month....

thanks guys! will be expecting your replies soon!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Depends on what he wants?
    Big Slow Car or Small Fast Car?
    Cruiser or Sprinter?
    I think FC of City is better than the Sentra
    Resale value, City would win
    How many passengers would he/she be riding with everyday or weekends?
    What dealer is nearer to his/her house/work for servicing?
    Traffic ba lagi? Affects choice of tranny.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'd pick the Sentra over the City anytime, ang pangit kaya ng porma ng City. Why not also consider the new Vios?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Depends on what he wants?
    Big Slow Car or Small Fast Car?
    Cruiser or Sprinter?
    I think FC of City is better than the Sentra
    Resale value, City would win
    How many passengers would he/she be riding with everyday or weekends?
    What dealer is nearer to his/her house/work for servicing?
    Traffic ba lagi? Affects choice of tranny.
    FYI, the Sentra has 95 horses while the City does 85 i think..
    dunno about the power to weight ratio but the sentra has a decent power output for an engine to it's size....

An everyday car is what he needs... but i guess both cars can do 100kph naman di ba?

sa dealer naman bro, we don't know yet, though he's looking around na...

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I'd pick the Sentra over the City anytime, ang pangit kaya ng porma ng City. Why not also consider the new Vios?
    One of the choices din ang vios... but those are the two na specifically like nya.

Actually guys, started this thread to get feedback from those who themselves own a City 1.3 S or a Sentra 1.3 GX All Power....

kasi i think they could really tell us about the real-world performance of those cars.... gusto ko ng actual FCs talaga nila kasi budget car talaga ang gusto nya... yung madaling i-maintain pero di sya tatagain sa maintenance costs...

kaya ayun... sana we can attract sentra and city owners sa thread na ito...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir, pakisearch na lang dito sa forums...there have been comments about the 1.3L sentra's FC, i.e. di nagkakalayo with the 1.6 variant. something about a heavy body/chassis mated with a relatively small engine...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    im a previous owner of sentra gx all power. fuel comsumption in city driving is 7-8 km/l and highway driving is 14-15km/l. this car is pretty comfortable in highway cruising. very smooth and quiet engine, nice interier and very cool a/c unit. downside are bit slow because of heavy body so you need to floor the pedal para umarangkada. i think mas ok ang honda city pag city driving pero pag highway driving i prefer sentra because its more stable in highspeed. i've down 160 kph at 5000rpm with this car and it its still very stable.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1.3S City is the mid level variant. the base model is the 1.3A.

between a 1.3S and GX All power. i'd get the City. it is plusher inside, looks more upscale than the Sentra on the outside. it has huge trunk space and good accomodations inside.

if now, your friend meant that 1.3A not the S because it is the bare model of the City line up. then i'd get the Sentra GX All power. it looks better, the sentra's interior is a looker too. if not for the cheapo touches inside, the design is actually good. Interior space of the Sentra is a bit snug. Not uncomfortable but space is not plenty. Snug. Which still aint bad.

on Go power, i think the City has the edge especially with CVT.. the improved 1.3L of the Sentra making 95hp is no match for the heavy body. but performance is still ok for everyday driving.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I prefer, the honda city S over the nissan sentra on the following reasons,
    - power steering is electronic
    - HU is ipod ready
    - map light
    - FC in city driving is modest at 14km/l
    - higher resale value
    - big trunk space, 500L
    - power side mirrors windows (i could not remember if Sentra GX have the same)

Few months ago, i was in the same situation, I went to 3 dealers Toyota (for the new 1.3 Vios), Honda and Nissan.

It boils down on what is important to you. I bought the Honda City.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Sentra has power, but it doesn't have pep... even with the uprated 1.3, the GX isn't as peppy as the older Sentra FE (1.3... carb pa yan, ha...) or the new City.

The bad consumption comes from pressing the pedal harder to go... but if you moderate your inputs, it can be relatively fuel efficient. It's a plain car, though... just something that will get you from A to B. Rides better than the City, though, if my memory serves me right.... has more elbow room, though knee room isn't any bigger (might even be less).

The City has a bigger trunk, more pep, and better fuel economy. It should be cheaper to own, overall, as long as you get the manual tranny. Rides a bit crashy, and the rear seat is too narrow for three people, but most long-term owners I know don't complain about it. They're so happy about the fuel economy that they don't really care about anything else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    for me the sentra is my pick. its has a more spacious cabin, nice interior, more comfortable in driving it, decent power naman and most specially more stable. we have both in our company and would prefer the sentra more. but the city is more fuel efficient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda City 1.3 S and Nissan Sentra 1.3 GX All Power