New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the pricing of both cars are almost the same, the seating capacity is also the same. Drivetrain is also the same, both are rear wheel drive and 4x2. Both of them are also CRDI in engine. Pls help me decide on this, I had the hard time thinking which one is best because they have almost the same space and use for me. TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Montero nga sya pero low end naman. Kung innova naman, High end naman sya. so which is which?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Montero, definitely.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    bias ako sa SUV, I'll go with Monty.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It depends on what you prioritize, actually.

If you're looking for comfort, get the Innova. Sure the seating layout is the same, but the Innova was designed primarily to be a people carrier, and it's much more comfortable for passengers to ride in versus the MS, especially for 3rd row occupants.

For the driving experience, well I haven't driven a Montero Sport but I've driven its competitor, the Fortuner, as well as the Innova. You'll certainly feel that you have more road presence with the MS over the Innova, perhaps due to its larger frame and the fact that you're seated higher. Speaking of road presence, to the unkeen eye, kahit Innova V pa yan, Innova lang yan. Yung Montero naman, kahit GLX lang yan, Montero pa rin yan.

With regards to power, while the Innova is down ~30 HP on paper, the difference in grunt isn't all that huge. Perhaps it's because of the weight difference. I've never heard of a diesel Innova owner that found the engine to be inadequate for the car. Handling-wise, I wouldn't thrash either of them through the twisty roads of Tanay, but you can expect the MS to be the better handler of the two since the Innova was designed to be soft and comfy.

With regards to kit, I don't see any features on the Innova that make it substantially better than the MS. For me, it's actually to the Montero's advantage that it has less wood and shiny bits. Actually, for a top-of-the-line model, the Innova doesn't have much automatic gizmos - no rain sensing wipers, no automatic headlamps, no push-start ignition, blah blah. Not that you'd need them though.

Again it all boils down to what you look for in a car. If I were in your shoes, I'd get the Montero. Even if I don't like its looks, I'm not a family man yet so I'd prefer an SUV over an MPV. Kaya namang pagwapuhin yung MS, what's important is that it's got a capable drivetrain and it's priced well.
    Last edited by jut703; May 18th, 2012 at 10:56 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the advice...i'm leaning towards montero now.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Another advantage of Monty is, kung galit ka sa biyenan mo isakay mo siya sa 3rd row seats.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nilabas na ba yung low-end stripped monty?

how much?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

wala pang balita sa bare monty. I think there is a separate thread about it.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

wala pang balita sa bare monty. I think there is a separate thread about it.
    Kasi yun ang tanong ni TS, hindi naman regular monty ang kukunin niya.

its the battle between the Innova V and the bare monty.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
High end toyota innova (V or G) vs stripped montero sport (2012 non vgt glx or gls)