New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can always learn. Citisec gives tutorials on how to invest in stocks. Lots of books available also. Citisec has made stock investing so much easier for Filipinos today.

Wow napunta na sa stocks yung usapan hahaha.

Pero i my self interisado din ako sa stocks investment in fairness more review/info regarding stocks please...TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There are a lot of books on stock investing from pinoy authors. Check mo din yung website ng Citisec or attend ka seminar nila.

Sorry OT

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Thanks sir jut sa info ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    i'm also into stocks investing. May alam ako na isang company na nagboom in a span of 10 yrs. From 24K na initial investment to 10M. Kung dito ka naginvest sa company na ito maniniwala ako sa iyo brod.
    Bro anong company yan? Planning to invest soon.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ang gusto ko talagang malaman is kung paano maging part time supervisor..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *GTi
    I agree with jut. The fact that he has the opportunity to go abroad speaks more about his family's wealth more than anything. I know since I want to study in an Ivy League school but can't due to the living costs which won't be subsidized by my parents.. eh di ako pumasa sa scholarship

While grit might play a part in trying to get SM as a client, I highly doubt that it was due to that. Most likely than not, narinig na niya may plans si SM to pursue solar-installations on its malls and was contracted beforehand to do the project. Again, capital and influence.

*ax30gi
    While a return of 416x is possible, it is highly impossible. If you want to know how high flying you are, Berkshire Hathaway's Class A shares listed at $89 per share in 1976. Fast forward one decade, it jumped to $2820. That means, the world's second richest man had a hayday of 45% compounded growth for a decade or a total return of 31x in ten years. To even get a return of 416x, you'll need an annual compounded growth of 82.8% every year.

Now if this was an pre-IPO par value, then that's more doable.. but still highly impossible. After all, that would mean your share price from Php1 par is now at Php416 after a decade.

*threadstarter
    I won't really reprimand you since we're on the same boat in being fortunate, but anybody who simply lets somebody handle their money is a fool. That isn't your results, that's their results. They won't need your money to replicate their success while you need theirs.

*thread
    Truth is, whether the guy saved his money (unlikely) or was fortunate enough (likely), doesn't really matter on the selection of the car.

My take here.. is to simply go for what you like. That might be a Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ if you're into performance cars and want to scale that or you can get yourself a sportier sedan such as the Mazda6 so you can ferry 4 or more passengers while still having a bit of driving fun.

Since you're looking for a new midsize SUV or a CUV, I'll hit this thread back when I get my hands on the wheel of the new refreshed 2015 CR-V. I'm having a test-drive unit delivered sa bahay next week then again, I doubt it's any different from what a 2012 CR-V feels like.

The stock market is a gambling pit in the short-term. If ayan habol mo by all means go and trade. The stock market is a zero-sum game. For every seller, there's a buyer. In the end, yun masaya dyan is your broker. If you want to stocks in the short-term, sometimes a trip to Solaire is better.... then play poker since it's the most "fair" among the games.

I will urge people to look at the stock market as a method to further increase their wealth... over the long haul. Compound interest takes time after all.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 29th, 2014 at 03:06 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    my advice? if it took you your entire life to invest and save up for an suv, don't buy one. kahit maka 1.7M ka na ipon in a few months, then what are your plans in maintaining the car? e naubos mo na yung pang capital mo for your "stocks"?

Go get a Wigo instead. Save the money for more important things, like saving the planet.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    my advice? if it took you your entire life to invest and save up for an suv, don't buy one. kahit maka 1.7M ka na ipon in a few months, then what are your plans in maintaining the car? e naubos mo na yung pang capital mo for your "stocks"?

Go get a Wigo instead. Save the money for more important things, like saving the planet.
    saving the planet? I agree, you can loan it nalang and use your savings in business, let the earnings of that business pay for the monthly amortization you get the car and you have a business at the same time, though i know mahirap magisip ng business.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Why do you have to limit yourself with the Fortuner and Monterosport? Ignore the badge and judge each SUV objectively. Whether its american, japanese, korean, german, etc., You have a lot to choose from with your budget have an open mind.

The easiest solution to your problem is to TEST DRIVE all SUV's in the 1.5M mark (+/- 150K). This will take some time but I don't think you'll be buying one within this year.

Where ever your money comes from, at the end of the day its you who's going to pay. Buyer's remorse can be a pretty expensive thing.

Take your time to PERSONALLY evaluate the car you are going to buy and do not rely heavily on the opinion of others on what's a good car or not. DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH A CAR/SUV. Kahit iwanan mo yung sasakyan sa showroom, di yan iiyak at magpapakamatay.

I have a Monterosport which I bought in cash, but I never recommended it to another like its the best SUV around. I always encourage my friends to take their time to evaluate their options objectively. Buying a car is never a pleasant or feel good experience.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Why do you have to limit yourself with the Fortuner and Monterosport? Ignore the badge and judge each SUV objectively. Whether its american, japanese, korean, german, etc., You have a lot to choose from with your budget have an open mind.

The easiest solution to your problem is to TEST DRIVE all SUV's in the 1.5M mark (+/- 150K). This will take some time but I don't think you'll be buying one within this year.

Where ever your money comes from, at the end of the day its you who's going to pay. Buyer's remorse can be a pretty expensive thing.

Take your time to PERSONALLY evaluate the car you are going to buy and do not rely heavily on the opinion of others on what's a good car or not. DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH A CAR/SUV. Kahit iwanan mo yung sasakyan sa showroom, di yan iiyak at magpapakamatay.

I have a Monterosport which I bought in cash, but I never recommended it to another like its the best SUV around. I always encourage my friends to take their time to evaluate their options objectively. Buying a car is never a pleasant or feel good experience.
    Exactly, there's a lot of SUV's out there at the end of the day its you who's going to drive it, take your time and try out each one.. I heard Trailblazer is good and has powerful engine, and wait till you see the incoming Ford Everest the interior looks really nice.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast