New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    kung mid-size SUV ang hanap at brand new,

2015 na po kayo kumuha, lalabas na yung mga new models from different brand. (saka enough time to stretch out sa budget)
    at makakapili na po kayo.

Sa 1.7M budget ceiling, kung medyo nagmamadali na kayo bumili, at possible i-stretch out ang budget at least 100K,

kung sa diesel engine, TB, saka Alterra,
    if gasoline naman, Subaru forester, or FJ cruiser.

kung open naman kayo for second hand.

either pajero BK or nissan patrol.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With the following requirements:

Budget is <1.7M
    Purpose: Daily drive to school and work.
    point to consider when buying are:
    Fuel Consumption
    Drive Comfort
    Maintenance Cost
    Parts(in case na masiraan)
    Enjoyment

Open to other options, maybe adding bells & whistles into a fine car. If I have that budget, I'd get a Mazda6. It would not be in the Best10 of Car and Driver if it's not that good.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Bat ang hilig ng mga tao magpaextend ng budget 😂

Unang una, di naman kailangan ng 4x4. Di rin kailangan ng mabilis. For me a Fort 2.5 or Montero GLS-V is more than enough for your needs. Malaki pa naman discount sa Montero.

Definitely, the Forester is comfier and more fun to drive compared to the Fort/MS. But is also pricier and more of a gas-guzzler.

Truck-based SUVs are really hard to beat when it comes to practicality and value-for-money.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bat ang hilig ng mga tao magpaextend ng budget 😂

Unang una, di naman kailangan ng 4x4. Di rin kailangan ng mabilis. For me a Fort 2.5 or Montero GLS-V is more than enough for your needs. Malaki pa naman discount sa Montero.

Definitely, the Forester is comfier and more fun to drive compared to the Fort/MS. But is also pricier and more of a gas-guzzler.

Truck-based SUVs are really hard to beat when it comes to practicality and value-for-money.
    I agree with that. I think baka mag fortuner nalang ako or montero just going to look for a dealer na maganda ang offer nalang

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    If you need a fortuner just PM me

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I see that a category you have is enjoyment to drive, in my own opinion, you'd get that from driving a RAV4 or Forester more than a Montero Sport or Fortuner. I own a '10 Montero Sport GLS AT, and I don't find it that enjoyable to drive. I feel like I am driving our previous Revo. The interior is spartan, thin steering wheel, no reach and rake option, even the windows does not have the regular one push option. Driving it around is also difficult, like I used to do a U-turn in C5(just after Valle Verde) on a daily basis, and the Montero with it's length can't do it in one go. Also don't get me started in parking, coz it is always an adventure to do that. During the annual registration too, even if I religiously follow my PMS schedule and top up with Unioil's Euro4 diesel, it always fail during the emission exam. To date, my Montero has only rung up close to 20,000kms, which is roughly just 5,000kms/year. In comparison, my gas-fed cars are on track in accumulating 10,000kms/year because I find them more enjoyable to drive and use them more than my Monty.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^^^
    OT: Thanks for sharing bro. So I guess, hindi pala kame nagkamali sa pagpili sa Fortuner way back 2010. Fort at MS kasi pinagpipilian namin dati, MS ang gusto ko pero minsan nagtext sakin father ko na nakabili na daw siya at Fort daw pinili niya. Malamang kung Monty din ang nabili namin eh baka mausok na yun, minsan lang din namin magamit eh. 19,5XX kms pa lang natatakbo up to now.

BTT: Malapit na lumabas yung bagong Fortuner bro, baka pag nakita mo concept nang all new eh magsisi ka at masabi mo pang sana naghintay ka na lang ng bagong model. Pero malamang kung magReveal naman sa 2015 eh baka MU-X ang mangyare jan. Mahaba ang waiting list.

Sa Monty naman may nababasa ako blanking ng EGR, para yata yun hindi na maging mausok. Parehas naman maganda yung unit at reliable. Kung anung brand na lang ang makakapagbigay ng mas magandang offer eh yun na lang kunin mo.

Just my 2 cents

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Sa province lugar namin only toyota and mitsubishi have easy access to service centers for pms. And now ung ford nagtayo na din ng service center malapit sa min. Kaya ang everest 2015 ang top choice kung bibili kmi bago. Peace po

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Adding "Enjoyment" in the specs mean the thrill of the drive.

A bit more budget nets you the Forester xt and the WRX, & Toyota's FT Cruiser. But if limited to 1.7M, it's got to be the GT86 or the Genesis Coupe. Gray market Velosters are also within that price point.

Also, curious as to why select the mid variants for your list, whereas you could go all the way with the TOTL 4X4 versions of them, allowing you to "enjoy" a bit of off-road action.
    Suv na ba ang gt86 at genesis coupe? Dahil ba may "sports" sa "suv"?

Pang work and school daw, so di nya need ang 4x4. Why would the ts spend an extra 100k for something that he will not use?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Suv na ba ang gt86 at genesis coupe? Dahil ba may "sports" sa "suv"?

Pang work and school daw, so di nya need ang 4x4. Why would the ts spend an extra 100k for something that he will not use?
    Simple lang naman. Nung dinagdag nya sa specs ang "enjoyment" napaisip ako...

Hindi nga naman enjoy magbyahe sa trapik, kahit pa Mustang dala mo maghatid sa bata at pumasok. so hindi city driving ang tinuturing nya dito. Saka basa ko sa TS eh, advanced driver kaya nya nilagay yun sa specs nya...

Syempre, anu-ano ba ang 'enjoy' moments sa pag-maneho? Karera syempre, mag BRC paminsan minsan o matutong mag drift. tapos nandyan din ang weekend off-road ka sa Pinatubo trail o sa Buhanginan sa Norte, o tumulong sa mga na-Yolanda at pasukin ang mga wasak na kalye. Yun ang basehan ng mga nabanggit kong modelo, pangarera at pang putik.

Eh malay ko ba na pang party pala with close friends ang gusto nyang enjoy. Kaya nung huli kong post, pati van sinama ko na, para dala lahat barkada saka estudyante nya, me bitbit pang mga aso... ^^

Well, nakapili na naman si TS so when he's happy, happy na rin tayo.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast