New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Navara also suffers from poor diesel. the Filters get clogged easily.

On Mitsus, it's the SCV.

On Toyotas, it's the fuel pump.

On Hyundai, it's the EGR system that's vulnerable, but this is obviously cheaper than a fuel pump.

On Fords... actually... nothing yet... no issues inside the Fordclub to do with the fuel systems... only issue so far is that the Dual Mass Flywheel costs a lot to replace... but I expect this is true of all DMF equipped cars in the country (that includes most of the pickups with CRDi engines... thus, buy an automatic... ).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Sir Niky thanks for the update on the Navara. It's great to know that ford currently has no issues with our fuel.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ current mitsu diesel engines have newer and bigger SCV for better reliability as per the other thread.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept0ne View Post
    okay ba ford ranger wildtrak?
    ranger--ask the cost of maintenance?
    these are all good trucks--nav, strada, hi-luks, ranger,
    go with the well-priced one.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ current mitsu diesel engines have newer and bigger SCV for better reliability as per the other thread.
    Wow Ry_tower that's great news! Would love to get my grubby paws on one now he he he!

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    i also believe that the Ranger has a simpler YET a better 4WD system than the Strada. That's Proven.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    A ford truck -- ganda pakinggan. Pero strada din ako on this comparison. It looks better on dirt and concrete. Yung pula sir.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Why not include the ISUZU D-Max in your pool of options. I'd consider that too.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I choose strada in this comparo, because i already did after comparing it with it competitors.
    These are my reasons why:
    1. Currently most beautiful pickup and has the most futuristic look among my choices, IMO
    2. It's the cheapest 4x4 pickup.
    3. It has the most comfortable 2nd row seat, I will use it in long trips with my family sometimes.
    4. It's not too wide, I'm the one driving it, its hard to drive wide vehicles here in MM.
    5. It's bed is good enough, I will not use it for hauling large cargo, it's really my alternative coding vehicle and sometimes for light offroading too.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Why not include the ISUZU D-Max in your pool of options. I'd consider that too.
    The D-Max is under powered, expensive, uncomfortable with the ride quality and cabin space. Also, it's not that very capable off road and even in on road with the floods around (already saw three latest Dmax's, one even with 4x4 stalling in knee deep flood even with a very slow fording speed. I think one of the reason is that of the alternator being positioned very low in the engine bay which is located right beside the Right-Front wheel.)

Though i like the GPS and the OEM projector headlights of the Dmax.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help me choose? Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Toyota Hi-lux, Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada?