New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    okay ba ford ranger wildtrak?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The current Ford Ranger sold here in Manila is about to be phased out since the all-new Ranger was recently introduced in Australia...
    Ford Resale is low and material quality on the interior is only average...

You should consider looking at the;
    Mitsubishi Strada GLX-V(170+++ HorsePower Highest in its Class)
    Nissan Frontier Navarra (140/170 Horspower respectively, Big Truck Body)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept0ne View Post
    okay ba ford ranger wildtrak?
    between your choices, if you're going to buy now, I'll say the Mitsu Strada with the new 5speed AT tranny is best in class, second would be the Hilux then Navarra for me. Mababa kasi Navarra, you would need a lift to make it a real off-road capable vehicle IMO.

The Strada also boast of the best 4WD system IMHO. Proven in Dakar.

But if you can wait, the 2012 Ranger looks liek a winner and maybe the Hilux will be coming uut with a new version.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Dakar rally car has absolutely nothing to do with the road-going Strada or Pajero models. All it shares with Mitsubishi's road-going trucks is the basic engine short block... The engine is specially built for the event, the body is a space frame clothed in a shell that merely looks like a Pajero, the suspension is a fully independent racing suspension (the Strada has a rear live axle) and the transmission is a specially built sequential six speed mated to a custom four wheel drive system with viscous and mechanical differentials... quite unlike the simpler system in the Strada.

If you're looking for something to drive on road, the Strada is a good choice... Soft suspension set and lots of top-end power. The best handling cars in the class Re the Ranger/BT50 twins and the Navara (because the Navara is long and low, it's more stable than most)... If you want to carry cargo and go off-road, the Ranger 4x4 is a good choice... But if you're going for a 4x2, I like the Strada better.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    The current Ford Ranger sold here in Manila is about to be phased out since the all-new Ranger was recently introduced in Australia...
    Ford Resale is low and material quality on the interior is only average...

You should consider looking at the;
    Mitsubishi Strada GLX-V(170+++ HorsePower Highest in its Class)
    Nissan Frontier Navarra (140/170 Horspower respectively, Big Truck Body)
    The GLX-V doesn't even have ABS,EBD and it also looks weird due to it's small wheels. The GLX lacks bigtime features. It's not worth it IMO.

The Ranger is the better choice. I know this very well.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Dakar rally car has absolutely nothing to do with the road-going Strada or Pajero models. All it shares with Mitsubishi's road-going trucks is the basic engine short block... The engine is specially built for the event, the body is a space frame clothed in a shell that merely looks like a Pajero, the suspension is a fully independent racing suspension (the Strada has a rear live axle) and the transmission is a specially built sequential six speed mated to a custom four wheel drive system with viscous and mechanical differentials... quite unlike the simpler system in the Strada.

If you're looking for something to drive on road, the Strada is a good choice... Soft suspension set and lots of top-end power. The best handling cars in the class Re the Ranger/BT50 twins and the Navara (because the Navara is long and low, it's more stable than most)... If you want to carry cargo and go off-road, the Ranger 4x4 is a good choice... But if you're going for a 4x2, I like the Strada better.
    re: paris dakar-rally; plus the gargatuan support of mitsubishi on those rally.
    try to test drive all and see who do you feel is right for you.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... if you want to see something that really relates to a production truck, try the Tuason Racing School drift truck.

They've added power to make drift-initiation easier, modified the suspension to lower the truck, and they had to beef up the stock LSD, but 80% of what they do is possible with the stock BT50 (on the same tires). Hell... when the Ranger first came out (almost the same truck), everyone in the media was doing donuts and drifts with it... which is what probably inspired JPTuason to do this. I remember mentioning to him (right before they launched it) how wild it would be if someone made a drift Ranger/BT50, and he just smiled...

Of course, the fact that the truck has great steering and differentials doesn't make up for the cramped back seat. :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Well what I mean to say is that the company behind Strada has proven its technology can win in a race in Dakar. Not literally using the same system. My apology if it sounded that way. Sanay lang sa marketing way of doing things siguro. hehe.

Nevertheless, I still believe that it is the best 4WD system among the TS's choices.

Plus if you arre going to have more than 1 passenger, spare him/her the agony of sitting in the back of the ranger. Mag-Hilux ka na lang kesa ranger. Basically same load capability, almost same vgt-turbo capabilty although not that great handling pero hindi naman for rezzing yan eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If they haven't changed anything in the drivetrain for the new one... no... I feel that the Navara and Ranger have better 4WD systems. The Navara is handicapped off-road, however, by its low ride height and long wheelbase, which make it easier to high-center.

The Strada is still one of the best overall, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I personally like the Strada most out of all of your choices. It looks stylish and isn't too big to drive in Metro Manila where I drive 95% of the time. The price is good for what you get as well. The only thing is that I heard sometimes the diesel in the Philippines can give some of the CRDi engines problems(specifically Suction Control Valves). I'm not sure if this has been resolved in the newer Vgt stradas or not. Basically even though I like the strada better I'd get the Navarra instead. I hear it has 2 fuel filters and it would just give me better piece of mind when using the diesel in the Philippines. Do some research and test drive them all to really know which is the ride for you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Help me choose? Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Toyota Hi-lux, Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada?