New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Guys im from mindanao and planning to get a new pick up truck this late quarter of the year hopefully, been choosing between these two trucks(ranger and hilux 4x4 m/t version) mostly i'll use it for hauling 500kls-800kls and out of town trips..been lurking this site and read some updates regarding the new ranger parang ang tagal pa lalabas(early 2012 pa) and hilux will be having facelift and minor changes sa interior..just want to ask kung alin sa dalawa ang sulit bilhin this year and why?enlighten me more guys. Thanks in advance po.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Alam ko yung IMV line ng Toyota (Fortuner/Hilux and Innova) would have their FMC (Full Model Change) next year din.... not 100% sure thou....

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Strada kaya sir, ayaw mo? get the 3.2 GLS Sport MT 4x4.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you do't mind the fact that the new one's coming soon, then now might be a good time to buy since they will be offering you very good deals for it. Between the two, I'd suggest the Ford Ranger 3.0TDCi 4x4. Since you will be using it for hauling purposes, this is definitely the one for you. Off road capabilities are excellent, low and midrange torque is impressive and flood wading capabilities are unparalleled due to the waterproof computer box. An added plus is that the handling is extremely good, you can drift and do donuts wit this thing!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i will probably limit my choices to the brands that have a service center or casa in my area.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Kung mostly hauling at mga tao mo lang ang sasakay sa likod, Ranger. I think its bed is more spacious kaya medjo nasacrifice yung legroom ng rear seats. Advantage lang ng Hilux is its more spacious for passengers and I guess masmadali ang parts. I think both 4x4 trucks will not have problems with 500 to 800k loads

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    Strada kaya sir, ayaw mo? get the 3.2 GLS Sport MT 4x4.
    I'd like to include the D-Max 4x4 LT or LS M/T in the list. Got CASA in CDO, Davao and Gensan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung mainly for hauling purposes, I'd suggest against the Strada as it has the smallest bed (in favor of more passenger room). Ranger or D-Max nalang.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Alam ko yung IMV line ng Toyota (Fortuner/Hilux and Innova) would have their FMC (Full Model Change) next year din.... not 100% sure thou....
    Full model change would be three to four years from now kase kakafacelift lang.

Anyway. I would choose Hilux slightly ahead of the Ranger. Generous legroom sa second row. More comfy (but I think by a bit din kase sa una matagtag talaga Hilux, you'll get used to it na rin naman after a year of use hehe). Useful torque since accessible across the range where hauling is usually done.

Pero kung particular ka sa "fun-to-drive" criteria then choose the Ranger.

Oh by the way, lalabas na bagong Ranger, you might choose to wait na lang. Woohoo!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks sa reply guys, already visited ford and toyota casa, sa toyota, one of the agent advice to wait til next month lalabas na daw yung new facelift ng hilux, sa ford naman tempting kasi may 50k discount, na test drive ko na din ang 3.0 ranger very fun to drive nga and lakas ng hatak...sa hilux naman able to ride it lang from a friend, didn't have the chance to drove it though...i know both pick ups will serve me well, performance wise ranger for me, pero sa upcoming facelift ng hilux gets my point...You can't have it all ika nga..hehe..

Matanaong ko guys musta po yun hatak(torque) ng hilux?especially sa low and mid way when torque is really needed when loaded ang pick up...TIA again guys sa rep..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help choosing between 4x4 m/t hilux and ranger..