New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    If you are aesthetic conscious, then avanza would be definitely out of the picture. So you're left with the two.

If you will be using it most of the time without any passenger, I think you should consider suzuki jimny, it within the price range of your choices. It would answer your parking and baha problem. Otherwise if you really are keen on having a sedan, no choice but to do some work on your driveway.

And yes try checking the soul.
    Or the SX4 Crossover perhaps. :banana1:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Eto Jimny, snorkel lang mods.

Manual syempre.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ^^ oo nga noh? Pasok rin pala sx4 at 900k.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ayaw mo ba ng Pick- up? Ranger perhaps? :naughty2:
    Lalaking- lalaki ang dating!!!

Okay, ito na lang ang say ko among your choices:
    Fiesta - pinaka- maporma! Bagay na bagay sa binatang college boy. Fun- fun- fun!!!
    Vios - hmmmnnnn... sabihin na lang nating bagay sa mga young executives (in the very near future :thumbup: )
    Avanza - mpv for the youngs. Do anything, go anywhere... space for "nakikisakay / pasaway na barkadas".
    and all these what I call "teenage burloloys".... le mobile garvage dumpe! Hmpttt, they enjoy it anyway :headache:

Mapapa- ayos naman 'yang garahe niyo, not a big deal. Minor modifications lang I hope.
    Maganda naman mga choices mo... very wise. I always say "feel the car before buying".
    Parang babae rin 'yan... merong namumukod- tangi. . GL.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eros View Post
    Super Stiff nya talaga, that's the major concern but I want a sedan
    Sana maantay ko pa yung Ecosport
    Check ko yung Kia Soul
    It won't hurt to test drive New Fiesta and Vios since those are the safer vehicles.
    The Fiesta and Vios are more refined compared to the Avanza which is really more of a low-cost utility vehicle, I was surprised at how thin the doors were when I checked out the Avanza at a mall display.
    If you want a simple car for going from point A to B, go for a New Vios.
    If you want a safe fun to dive, good handling car, you can't go wrong with the New Fiesta (hatch and sedan have the same price).

We had the same problem before, but with a little DIY (some water, sand, and cement), we were able to fix the portion of our driveway and got that extra 1/2 inch of clearance we needed for the car not to scrape its front bumper.

The EcoSport would be a good option if you can wait for it, the current Kia Soul will soon be replaced since a 2nd gen Soul was already unveiled in other markets.

Fiesta

Vios

Avanza

The new EcoSport and 2nd gen Kia Soul

*The 2nd gen Soul might look like a facelift at first glance, but it's actually an all-new model based on the new Rio/Accent platform.
    Last edited by AG4; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post
    If you will be alone most of the time, mag sedan ka na. Avanza for me is for those with kids na.. hehe.
    Kaya nga po eh. I want a sedan or hatchback

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Hmmm... slightly used pick-up? Jimny?

Can't anything be done about your parking/driveway anymore? Mukhang Vios or Fiesta nga talaga ang match sa needs mo if it were not for the sayad problems. Try measuring the front overhangs of the cars you're looking at to see what has a shorter front bumper so the propensity for "sayad" is less.
    Been asking for some driving/parking tips baka po kasi madaan sa tamang diskarte sa pagpapark

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    If you are aesthetic conscious, then avanza would be definitely out of the picture. So you're left with the two.

If you will be using it most of the time without any passenger, I think you should consider suzuki jimny, it's within the price range of your choices. It would answer your parking and baha problem. Otherwise if you really are keen on having a sedan, no choice but to do some work on your driveway.

And yes try checking the soul.
    Finally made my decision, Thank you for all your inputs!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Eto Jimny, snorkel lang mods.

Manual syempre.

Looks like a mini pajero we had long long time ago

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eros View Post
    Finally made my decision, Thank you for all your inputs!
    Which is?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast