New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013

Hi guys! I'll be getting my first car this month courtesy of my Dad I'm a 4th year college student and I want a car that is Fuel efficient and yeah just like everyone, I'm aesthetics conscious. My Dad gave me three options, 2013 Ford Fiesta Hatchback, 2013 Toyota Vios and 2013 Toyota Avanza. (All 1.5 AT) 'cause that's all we can afford

Here's the catch,

Our parking space in our house is very steep. We had a 1.5 AT Honda City before and every time we drive in and out the parking space the bottom part of the front bumper stratches to the floor. "Sumasabit" in tagalog. Then we traded it to a Ford Everest which is much taller. Then no problems at all.

Dad told me that I have the final decision.
    I really really want a sedan, wanted the New Vios coz all the new things into it, the new fiesta hatchback is also an eye catcher but the size is holding me back from getting it. The avanza is spacious and but I think its too big for me for its a family car.

My heart is torn between Vios and Fiesta, But dad keeps on insisting that I should get the Avanza 'cause we'll have no parking problem at our house.

what should I get?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung ok lang sayo magasgas yung bottom part ng sasakyan mo, go for the Vios. Pwede nyo rin naman pasementohan yung incline ng papasok ng garahe nyo. Pero kung ayaw nyo, ok lang din avanza. Kung makakahintay ka pa ng konte, you could go for the Ford Ecosport which will be roughly around the TOTL Vios and Fiesta price. Ang alam ko lalabas yun this year. Kung ngayon na talaga kelangan, pwede rin naman yung Kia Soul ;)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennt View Post
    kung ok lang sayo magasgas yung bottom part ng sasakyan mo, go for the Vios. Pwede nyo rin naman pasementohan yung incline ng papasok ng garahe nyo. Pero kung ayaw nyo, ok lang din avanza. Kung makakahintay ka pa ng konte, you could go for the Ford Ecosport which will be roughly around the TOTL Vios and Fiesta price. Ang alam ko lalabas yun this year. Kung ngayon na talaga kelangan, pwede rin naman yung Kia Soul ;)
    Super Stiff nya talaga, that's the major concern but I want a sedan
    Sana maantay ko pa yung Ecosport
    Check ko yung Kia Soul

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Mukhang ang pinaka desisyon mo na lang talaga ay kung ok lang may kayas, or basag, yung bumper mo. If you can tolerate driving a car with that defect then you can go for the low profile vehicles.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Kung gusto mo talaga ng low car ser paayos mo na lang parking nyo, hindi naman ganun kamahal yun.
    Anyway, Vios ang kukunin ko jan vs Fiesta.
    Pero kung icconsider ko ang baha, Avanza na lang kahit papano makakadaan sa leg-to-knee-deep flood, pag low car kasi usually gutter deep lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Mukhang ang pinaka desisyon mo na lang talaga ay kung ok lang may kayas, or basag, yung bumper mo. If you can tolerate driving a car with that defect then you can go for the low profile vehicles.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's my dilemma

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by curiosus View Post
    Kung gusto mo talaga ng low car ser paayos mo na lang parking nyo, hindi naman ganun kamahal yun.
    Anyway, Vios ang kukunin ko jan vs Fiesta.
    Pero kung icconsider ko ang baha, Avanza na lang kahit papano makakadaan sa leg-to-knee-deep flood, pag low car kasi usually gutter deep lang.
    Yun nga rin po sir kinokonsider ng dad ko eh kasi kapag baha kaya mas gusto nya Avanza

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If you will be alone most of the time, mag sedan ka na. Avanza for me is for those with kids na.. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... slightly used pick-up? Jimny?

Can't anything be done about your parking/driveway anymore? Mukhang Vios or Fiesta nga talaga ang match sa needs mo if it were not for the sayad problems. Try measuring the front overhangs of the cars you're looking at to see what has a shorter front bumper so the propensity for "sayad" is less.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If you are aesthetic conscious, then avanza would be definitely out of the picture. So you're left with the two.

If you will be using it most of the time without any passenger, I think you should consider suzuki jimny, it's within the price range of your choices. It would answer your parking and baha problem. Otherwise if you really are keen on having a sedan, no choice but to do some work on your driveway.

And yes try checking the soul.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast