New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    All in all – 1st Hilux 2nd Navara 3rd Strada Then Ranger and D-Max

I just bought a 2010 Hilux, 3.0 4x4 Auto. Really puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Para saakin it looks the part and plays it. What I mean is, its styled like a truck and performs like one. Masmabilis pa ata to sa 2005 Civic ko, gulat talaga ako how fast it accelerated from a dead stop. People would complain na matadtad, ano!? Well..baka yung mga erlier models before 2006? Pero hanga nga ako mas smooth pa sya sa Civic, well I guess that’s not saying much kasi stiff nga yung Civic, pero wag nyo nalang icompare sa CRV at besides it’s a truck. Napaka luwag din for backseat passengers, at comment ng mga sakay ko so far sobrang comportable daw, yun umupo din ako sa backseat hindi malayo sa softness sa 99 CRV naming. cguro madami nga binago for 2010 model. I’m also averaging 7.5 km per li mostly bad traffic (as in, ****); considering its metro Manila driving that’s damn good for a 3.0. Anyone that would say their truck does 9.0 kmpli (lalo na kung 3.0 and up) must not know how to get accurate numbers or lying. And sa tingin ko lang out of all the available pickups in our market it’s the toughest and most reliable.

Lam ko madami nagsasabi nagagandahan sila sa Strada, pero para saakin it doesn’t look like a truck, its nice, maganda talaga pero hindi bagay ang styling for a pick up truck, I don’t know baka iba lang talaga ang purpose ng pick-up sa isip ko. Kung pacute lang ang gusto nyo eh di sana bumili nalang ng Montero or CRV. Plus ang liit talaga ng bed nya for a pickup. Also I did my research on Mitsubishi and having owned a Lancer back in the day (2002) Hindi ako impressed. In terms din ng mga reviews and ratings ng mga well known institutions sa ibang bansa, malayo and Mitsubishi sa Toyota Honda Nissan and even Subaru and Mazda naiiwan na technology nila at reliability. Sory mga Strada fans don’t mean to cause trouble, pero sinasabi ko lang opinion ko at findings ko sa research.

But to be fair I haven’t driven a Mitsubishi with year models 2006 and up. But I have driven Pajero, Montero, Lancer year models 2002 to 2005, I have to say hindi ko talaga gusto handling at ang feel ng mga cars na ito. Ewan, maybe may bias lang ako against Mitsubishi based on past impressions, pero considering the automotive industry hindi ata malayo opinion ko sa professional testers at reviewers.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hello sir! first of all welcome po sa tsikot forums!

I really do appreciate your opinions with regards to all the other pick up trucks...and I truly respect that....

But I do have to disagree on this part of your statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Bakero703 View Post
    Anyone that would say their truck does 9.0 kmpli (lalo na kung 3.0 and up) must not know how to get accurate numbers or lying.
    because from my experience the average consumption for city driving is about 7.5 to 8kms/liter for mixed its about 9 to 10....and for the long drives I even reached as low as 12kms/liter....and I'm certainly not lying about it....and I'm very much sure that other strada owners can concur to what I'am stating especially the ones who own the 3.2 variant... however those figures that i'm stating was way back then when I was still using my stock mags and tires...But now that Im using a larger set...I don't care anymore....

and its even more unfair to say that the DMAX is uncapable of reaching such low fuel consumption....because as far as I could remember...a lot of reviews from everywhere says that it is even capable of doing 10kms/liter on city, mind you, its the city what more on the highway?....and Im sure a lot of DMAX owners can certainly proved that...

But don't get me wrong sir, I like the hilux too....and Im even delighted to know that a new owner like you seems to see improvements in some aspects of this great truck...

I hope you can post pics of your new truck in the hilux thread...

again, Welcome to tsikot!
    Last edited by locoroco777; September 20th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    For me:

In terms of

*Exterior = Strada/Navara
    *Interior = Strada/Hilux
    *4x4 Capability = DMAX/Navara
    *Toughness = Navara/DMAX
    *Suspension = Strada/Hilux
    *Engine performance = DMax/Navara
    *Fuel consumption = Strada/Hilux

My Overall:

1 - Strada
    2 - Navara
    3 - DMAX
    4 - Hilux
    5 - Ranger

* kian2x: You forgot something, The Mazda BT 50. Kalaban rin nila. Mas maganda ang suspension kaysa sa Ranger.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    don't do a comparisson without driven the other 2010 models!
    it's fine in your Hi-lux......for now!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    hello sir! first of all welcome po sa tsikot forums!

I really do appreciate your opinions with regards to all the other pick up trucks...and I truly respect that....

But I do have to disagree on this part of your statement...

because from my experience the average consumption for city driving is about 7.5 to 8kms/liter for mixed its about 9 to 10....and for the long drives I even reached as low as 12kms/liter....and I'm certainly not lying about it....and I'm very much sure that other strada owners can concur to what I'am stating especially the ones who own the 3.2 variant... however those figures that i'm stating was way back then when I was still using my stock mags and tires...But now that Im using a larger set...I don't care anymore....

and its even more unfair to say that the DMAX is uncapable of reaching such low fuel consumption....because as far as I could remember...a lot of reviews from everywhere says that it is even capable of doing 10kms/liter on city, mind you, its the city what more on the highway?....and Im sure a lot of DMAX owners can certainly proved that...

I hope you can post pics of your new truck in the hilux thread...

You make it sound as if nilaglag ko lahat ng pickup truck na hindi Hilux. I simply state my reasons why the Strada was not my choice. Sa totoo lang ang Hilux and Strada was the top consideration when we where choosing which pickup to buy. I don’t necessarily dislike the truck.
    I was referring to City (Metro Manila driving). I’m not calling you(specifically) a liar, sir punta po kayo sa ibang thread claim ng karamihan pickup drivers 9 or even 10, city driving. Those are factory claims, in metro Manila or Cebu, Davao, Dagupan, Baguio Driving I don’t think so, lam natin lahat factory claim is a lie. Im not just talking about Strada sa statement na iyan. Cguro kung yung mga 2.0 to 2.5 variants ng trucks at hindi nagai-aircon possible pa ang 9 to 10 city, even then its quite a feat for a truck lalo na kung may karga and passengers. Other wise 8 at best lang kaya ng mga pickups sa city like Metro Manila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgear View Post
    don't do a comparisson without driven the other 2010 models!
    it's fine in your Hi-lux......for now!

Ai ganon ba, so lahat ng taoo nagpost ng kanilang rating tinest drive lahat ng 2010 models ng bawat pickup truck? Galing naman.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa aspaltong makinis lang maganda ride ng Hilux, pag sementado na ang talbog.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    All in all – 1st Hilux 2nd Navara 3rd Strada Then Ranger and D-Max

I just bought a 2010 Hilux, 3.0 4x4 Auto. Really puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Para saakin it looks the part and plays it. What I mean is, its styled like a truck and performs like one. Masmabilis pa ata to sa 2005 Civic ko, gulat talaga ako how fast it accelerated from a dead stop. People would complain na matadtad, ano!? Well..baka yung mga erlier models before 2006? Pero hanga nga ako mas smooth pa sya sa Civic, well I guess that’s not saying much kasi stiff nga yung Civic, pero wag nyo nalang icompare sa CRV at besides it’s a truck. Napaka luwag din for backseat passengers, at comment ng mga sakay ko so far sobrang comportable daw, yun umupo din ako sa backseat hindi malayo sa softness sa 99 CRV naming. cguro madami nga binago for 2010 model. I’m also averaging 7.5 km per li mostly bad traffic (as in, ****); considering its metro Manila driving that’s damn good for a 3.0. Anyone that would say their truck does 9.0 kmpli (lalo na kung 3.0 and up) must not know how to get accurate numbers or lying. And sa tingin ko lang out of all the available pickups in our market it’s the toughest and most reliable.

Lam ko madami nagsasabi nagagandahan sila sa Strada, pero para saakin it doesn’t look like a truck, its nice, maganda talaga pero hindi bagay ang styling for a pick up truck, I don’t know baka iba lang talaga ang purpose ng pick-up sa isip ko. Kung pacute lang ang gusto nyo eh di sana bumili nalang ng Montero or CRV. Plus ang liit talaga ng bed nya for a pickup. Also I did my research on Mitsubishi and having owned a Lancer back in the day (2002) Hindi ako impressed. In terms din ng mga reviews and ratings ng mga well known institutions sa ibang bansa, malayo and Mitsubishi sa Toyota Honda Nissan and even Subaru and Mazda naiiwan na technology nila at reliability. Sory mga Strada fans don’t mean to cause trouble, pero sinasabi ko lang opinion ko at findings ko sa research.

But to be fair I haven’t driven a Mitsubishi with year models 2006 and up. But I have driven Pajero, Montero, Lancer year models 2002 to 2005, I have to say hindi ko talaga gusto handling at ang feel ng mga cars na ito. Ewan, maybe may bias lang ako against Mitsubishi based on past impressions, pero considering the automotive industry hindi ata malayo opinion ko sa professional testers at reviewers.
    Just saw this at another forum... according to the posts the owner is in a coma after enduring serious trauma to the head... Keep safe! And wear your seatbelts...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mababa talaga safety ratings ng trucks. Only the Strada IMO is acceptable...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In terms din ng mga reviews and ratings ng mga well known institutions sa ibang bansa, malayo and Mitsubishi sa Toyota Honda Nissan and even Subaru and Mazda naiiwan na technology nila at reliability. Sory mga Strada fans don’t mean to cause trouble, pero sinasabi ko lang opinion ko at findings ko sa research.
    Reviews of foreign publications? You mean like this?
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=38059

Basically... in every review where it's pitted against the Hilux/Ranger/et al, the Triton comes out on top...

It has the best crash safety of any pickup on the market today... the 2.5 variant has more power than the Hilux 2.5... the back seat is the biggest there is (only the Navara has a similar back seat) and it's one of the most car-like (only the Navara is more stable in terms of driving dynamics). The ride is much better than the Ranger and Hilux, which are very bouncy with an unladen bed.

Not that I'm a Strada fan... the 3.2, IMHO, is disappointing in comparison to the Toyota and Ford 3.0s, and I like the way the Ranger and Navara drive better... but by most metrics, the Strada is one of the two best trucks on the market right now (the other is the Navara).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Great comparison: New hilux,Nissan Navara,Ford Ranger,L200,Dmax!!