New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    marami nga nagsasabi na mabilis mag init ang vios kaya yung vios batman taxi namin pinalagyan ko ng aux fan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Funny story, I've heard that with the previous car, one taxi company found the best way to maintain reliability and economy with the Vios was to install an extra cooling fan on the radiator.
    Glad to learn this hear. Thanks Sir Niky. - Gen3 vios e at owner

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Another fuel saving tip from Taxi drivers. 1/2 Seaoil unleaded & 1/2 Petron unleaded.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Another fuel saving tip from Taxi drivers. 1/2 Seaoil unleaded & 1/2 Petron unleaded.
    How does this help? I'm skeptical about it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kwentong kutchero o barbero lang pare ko. You know how they are. No scientific basis whatsoever.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^parang tide at breeze. Pag pinaghalo di bubula.😆

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ahh Kala ko naman may effect talaga.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Funny story, I've heard that with the previous car, one taxi company found the best way to maintain reliability and economy with the Vios was to install an extra cooling fan on the radiator.
    may katotohan nga po ito. Way back the time of box type mitsubishi lancer, ang pamangkin ko nag reklamo na hirap at parang ang bigat ng andar ng lancer nya. Umiinit ang hangin buga ng aircon, malakas consumo ng gas. My solution: Installed auxiliary fan (from surplus shop) in front of the radiator (there's enough space there) with relay tied to the temperature sensor/switch. Ayos ang problema. Lumamig ang aircon at tumipid pa consumo ng gasolina.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    may katotohan nga po ito. Way back the time of box type mitsubishi lancer, ang pamangkin ko nag reklamo na hirap at parang ang bigat ng andar ng lancer nya. Umiinit ang hangin buga ng aircon, malakas consumo ng gas. My solution: Installed auxiliary fan (from surplus shop) in front of the radiator (there's enough space there) with relay tied to the temperature sensor/switch. Ayos ang problema. Lumamig ang aircon at tumipid pa consumo ng gasolina.
    I agree on this one.

I used to complain a lot on how hot the aircon of my 97 hilander would blow in traffic. Officemate suggested I install an aux fan and promptly gave me a surplus aux fan from an LC100. Now everyone complains how cold the aircon is :D.

Another modification I made was to change the air filter to a cone type racing filter. Fuel consumption went from 10km/l to 12 km/l city and from 14 km/l to 18km/l highway. "Daddy driving" mode yan. Ibang usapan pang NFS mode :P

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Malakas sa has yung bagong vios ngayon. Kinda disappointed

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast