New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I was never a fan of small displacement engines, as I find most 1.3L cars and even some 1.6L cars as sluggish, until I drove the Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. The price might be on the expensive side for a sub-compact but it's one fun-to-drive hatchback. Call it, "the little engine that could".
    it is turbocharged that's why it runs good even the fact that it has a smaller displacement. Question is how reliable a turbo is? how long it can last? what about the cost of maintaining it? This is same with Chevy Spin, dnt get it wrong I love that car, but if you (TS) are on a tight budget you have to consider these things prior on buying a turbocharged engine.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Sir, i owned a 1998 local spacegear... i was thinking of having the injector check baka nga dun may kailangan i-tune up.. I read from tsikot forum that mitsu adventure gets around 9-10km/l... so i assumed since our vehicles have the same engine w/ 4d56 (mine w/ turbo).. plus the additional bodyweight of my van... maybe (just maybe)... 5-6km/Li is already the correct FC for it.
    I wonder if the inferior gas mileage as compared to the Starex is because of the lack of an intercooler... And then again, that is the kind of FC you'd expect from a 3.0L turbo diesel or higher. Not that I'm recommending you to do this but our Revo diesel had been getting consistent 7km/L city. After changing the head and valve cover gaskets, pumapalo na ng 9km/L. Has your FC always been like this?

So, willing ka magdowngrade sa maliit na kotse?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wonder if the inferior gas mileage as compared to the Starex is because of the lack of an intercooler... And then again, that is the kind of FC you'd expect from a 3.0L turbo diesel or higher. Not that I'm recommending you to do this but our Revo diesel had been getting consistent 7km/L city. After changing the head and valve cover gaskets, pumapalo na ng 9km/L. Has your FC always been like this?

Hey sir! my car is due for top overhaul. san ka ngpatop overhaul? thanks!

*TS try to change the spark plugs. yan kc ang basic checkpoint for any concern sa engine performance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac_español View Post
    Hey sir! my car is due for top overhaul. san ka ngpatop overhaul? thanks!

*TS try to change the spark plugs. yan kc ang basic checkpoint for any concern sa engine performance.
    Hi! Technically, hindi pa full top overhaul dahil walang ginawa sa valves. Nagpagawa ako sa A1 sa Del Monte Ave. corner D. Tuazon.

Since diesel ang Space Gear ni TS, walang spark plugs yun.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sir, regardless po sa budget, Would you recommend the mirage over the vios e or yaris e?
    Kung ako tatanungn mas prefer ko ang vios/yaris. Since mas malaking car sya mas comfortable to drive.
    Na test drive ko na mirage pati yung G4. Okay naman pero mas comfortable to drive ang vios/yaris.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Labo. Best FC pero regardless of budget?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Prius na lang

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

My van, i think is 2.5cc w/ 4d56 diesel engine (w/ turbo), pero wala po intercooler...

I will keep the van kasi I need it for family outings.. the car I'm scouting is for my personal usage.. I intend to keep it as long as possible (like my van)... thats why i tend to go for toyota....

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

yes... di po malabo.. as i have search over and over the webs of the car brands... the higher the cost of a car, the bigger the engine gets... that's why regardless the budget because most Fuel efficient car are below 1M...

I'm highly inclined to the new yaris... Honda Brio will be launching next month... its a 4 cyl engine w/ 1200cc... I do have to wait and see din para walang sisihan... Toyota and honda are the 2 brands i like.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    yes... di po malabo.. as i have search over and over the webs of the car brands... the higher the cost of a car, the bigger the engine gets...
    So what about the Honda CRZ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast