New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just curious. Anong van ba yung sayo? Perhaps the low FC is because something needs to be fixed?

When it comes to fuel efficiency, diesel has the advantage. P10/L price difference between diesel and regular unleaded is a sizeable headstart. Assuming fuel price of P42/L diesel and P52/L gas, a diesel van consuming 6km/L (typical consumption of a 2.4L gas) will have the same fuel cost as a gas engine consuming 7.4km/L, which is typically expected from a 1.6-1.8A/T gasoline sedan. And then again, diesels are usually more fuel efficient as compared to a gas engine of the same displacement.

I'd suggest you go for the Accent CRDi. There's none I can think of that can match it in both performance and fuel efficiency.

If you get this, you may still want to keep your van though, for hauling, mass transport and coding purposes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here's my take on those 3 bangers.

Way back in the late 80's to early 90's, Daihatsu launched the Charade. It had a 3 banger for an engine. The Daihatsu guys nicknamed it "The Giant Killer"

Up until age caught up with the puny 3 pot. The Charade owners got so fed up with the terrible vibration and lousy gas mileage that they either sold their cars, tossed out the original engines and shoved a 4 banger Toyota in there, or just simply gave up and sold the car for scrap.

Have you seen a Charade running on the roads as of late?

And yes, your garden variety Toyota Yaris hatch, was sold in Europe as the Daihatsu Charade (rebadged).

BTT:

Why not get a Fortuner or a Montero sport?
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 24th, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Try chevy spin 1.3 diesel. Average of 15km/ltr on a route that makes our lancer cedia consumes 10km/ltr and vios 1.3 13km/ltr. Plus mo n din ung every 10k kms pms instead of 5k for both cars.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I'm on a market to get a new unit... my 16 yr old van has started to show it's old age dilemma.. plus I'm just getting 6km/L with it now. .maybe due to heavy body weight.

I'm looking for a daily driven vehicle.. (car, auv, etc).. I have been browsing around and saw different FC results..

As much as possible I want to stay away from 3 cyl engine.. can anyone refer me a unit w/ good FC.. regardless of fuel type (gas or diesel).. regardless of brands..

I was looking at the new yaris... since it's smaller, it might give better FC than the vios (heavier body).. though I'm not that certain if my theory is correct.

thank guys
    I haven't yet seen a dis-satisfied MT diesel innova owner. I regularly get at least 10 km/li in the city. And driving comfort isn't bad at all. Plus, it's size gives me an amount of confidence in every driving condition, including flooded streets.
    Disadvantages? I have seen better turning circles...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 24th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Just curious. Anong van ba yung sayo? Perhaps the low FC is because something needs to be fixed?

I'd suggest you go for the Accent CRDi. There's none I can think of that can match it in both performance and fuel efficiency.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Sir, i owned a 1998 local spacegear... i was thinking of having the injector check baka nga dun may kailangan i-tune up.. I read from tsikot forum that mitsu adventure gets around 9-10km/l... so i assumed since our vehicles have the same engine w/ 4d56 (mine w/ turbo).. plus the additional bodyweight of my van... maybe (just maybe)... 5-6km/Li is already the correct FC for it.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    i heard honda is coming up w/ a model named "BRIO"... currently I'm inclined to get the vios kasi cars usually last long in my family. my 1998 van only has 75t mileage in it... rarely used.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Malakas nga sa Diesel ang Spacegear, meron dito sa office namin 2, a 1998 and a 2002 model, sometimes I get to use it on official purposes, akala ko dati there was something wrong with it pero sabi nung driver na talagang may hawak nun, ganun daw talaga. My personal 2002 Starex SVX does a lot better in terms of FC, makes me wonder since they are practically the same vehicles, dapat nga mas matipid yung Spacegear in theory since M/T yun at A/T yung Starex ko.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    Sir niky, wat would you recommend?

I drove a picanto before... very sluggish and unbearable road noise. I always drive w/o the stereo on...

are 3 cyl car really efficient? if so, ano model?
    Depends on the car. The Eon and Alto are incredibly efficient (about 13 km/l in traffic, 25-30 km/l highway), but they're tiny and very slow.

The Mirage 1.2 is a 32 cylinder car that gives you the performance of a bigger 1.4 liter car, and space that's close to bigger subcompacts like the Fiesta or Vios (actually... I think the Mirage might have more legroom in the back seat than the Fiesta). And fuel economy is quite similar to 1,000cc and under cars. (it can do over 25 km/l on the highway, and does 12 km/l (MT) in traffic).

Best to figure out your budgte and your wants first... there are lots of cars out there with good economy at a huge variety of budgets. If you want an economy superstar, few cars can match the Accent CRDi (have gotten 30-35 km/l from it), but it's over 700k for a car without ABS or amenities. (at least the cabin is big). Of the cheaper cars, if economy is a concern, the Mirage is the best bet you have... though there are nicer cars for the same price as the GLS Mirage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    would the new yaris be efficient ? I'm eyeing on the 1.3E variant..

Sir niky, would do you mean by mirage is a "32 cyl car"?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Depends on the car. The Eon and Alto are incredibly efficient (about 13 km/l in traffic, 25-30 km/l highway), but they're tiny and very slow.

The Mirage 1.2 is a 32 cylinder car that gives you the performance of a bigger 1.4 liter car, and space that's close to bigger subcompacts like the Fiesta or Vios (actually... I think the Mirage might have more legroom in the back seat than the Fiesta). And fuel economy is quite similar to 1,000cc and under cars. (it can do over 25 km/l on the highway, and does 12 km/l (MT) in traffic).

Best to figure out your budgte and your wants first... there are lots of cars out there with good economy at a huge variety of budgets. If you want an economy superstar, few cars can match the Accent CRDi (have gotten 30-35 km/l from it), but it's over 700k for a car without ABS or amenities. (at least the cabin is big). Of the cheaper cars, if economy is a concern, the Mirage is the best bet you have... though there are nicer cars for the same price as the GLS Mirage.
    Sir, regardless po sa budget, Would you recommend the mirage over the vios e or yaris e?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast