New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    To add: Torque = pulling power. That's why you'd notice sa Adventure, though mababa HP figures, mataas yung torque figures.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    To be simple, the higher the horsepower and torque, the better.

The Montero Sport is the fastest among the vehicles you listed, thanks to its VGT engine. If you're looking for a truck-based sub-2M SUV and performance is your priority, get either a Montero Sport or a Fortuner 3.0V. While the Montero has higher horsepower figures over the Fortuner 3.0 (178 hp vs 163 hp), the Fortuner's larger engine feels like it pulls harder, especially once the turbo spools.
    And IMO the Fortuner 3.0V looks better, too...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Correct si Jut 703, if Montero vs Fortuner 3.0V.
    Fortuner 2.5L is too weak.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    And IMO the Fortuner 3.0V looks better, too...
    Yeah lalo na yung facelift before the current one. Not a fan of the Altezza-style tail lights of the rear. Hindi bagay. But it does look better than the MS though. Unlike the Fortuner, nakakasawa itsura ng MS eh. I don't like the amber turn signal lights at the rear lamp assembly, and I don't like the chrome grille. I also find the rims too tacky. If they could slap on the grille and rims of the Strada SE, I think it'd do a lot to improve the Montero's aesthetics.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Wow! bilis ng mga reply.

Thanks guys, Very informative and these are exactly what I need especially istan's explanation.

Looks like im settling for the Everest though Montero Sport has the modern pogi looks and power, I like the rear door of the Everest.. hehe

One last thing.. any cons you might wanna let me know about the Everest? Baka lang may mga namiss-out ako na importante pala.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^it has artic cold A/C. You might wanna bring a jacket whenever you drive.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    displacement. Lahat sila 2.5L

max power = max horsepower.
    max torque = max twisting force

torque is the grunt that gets things moving, and horsepower is the force that keeps things moving.

SO, HP affects your top speed, Bigger value HP, higher top speed.
    Bigger value Torque, more powerful launches.

Lower RPM to arrive at those maximum torque, more fuel efficient at stop and go traffic.
    Lower RPM to arrive at max HP, lesser top speed

so, in traffic. Everest is better. 330 N-m at 1,800 RPM.
    in highway. Montero is better at picking up speed.
    Overall..
    Montero
    Everest
    Fortuner
    Adventure.
    huh
    .. bakit nasali ang adventure.. hehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^it has artic cold A/C. You might wanna bring a jacket whenever you drive.
    This I can attest to. Sobrang lamig talaga ng A/C ng Everest. I have been in a 2007 Everest, and in a 2011 Everest LTD. and both had ice cold A/C. So far, the car than can be at par with it siguro yung Grandia palang.

Anyway, cons? Lakas ng body roll and matagtag. Yun lang naman especially if di ka naman speed junkie.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    huh
    .. bakit nasali ang adventure.. hehe
    kasi po nilagay ko sa inquiry post ko. for my bench marking and comparison purposes lng.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    This I can attest to. Sobrang lamig talaga ng A/C ng Everest. I have been in a 2007 Everest, and in a 2011 Everest LTD. and both had ice cold A/C. So far, the car than can be at par with it siguro yung Grandia palang.

Anyway, cons? Lakas ng body roll and matagtag. Yun lang naman especially if di ka naman speed junkie.
    ok sakin ang malamig ang A/C pero hindi kaya malakas ang kain sa fuel dahil dun?
    Thanks for mentioning matagtag. indi nmn ako magmamabilis pero i will frequent parts of Cagayan valley where hindi sementado at medyo maputik pag tagulan . nadadaanan nmn na ng mga malalakas na jeep kaya mukhang enough lang si Everest. hopefully.. kasi mahal ang 4x4 version nito.. hehe ..

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Yup, malamig talaga. though di ako nalalamigan sa grandia but still, malamig nga talaga.

with the Eve, minimal body roll lang compared with the Fort and monty.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Ford Everest '12 vs Montero '12 vs Fortuner '12