New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ It's not safe to do that. Chances of CO poisoning.
    Kung open area naman nila ginawa I think it will be okay. Hindi puwersadong papasok sa car yung smoke.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    If space is a priority....hands down Everest
    Twice na na natulog kami sa Eve dahil sa blackout. My 2 kids (5y/o and 3y/o) + wifey can lie down comfortably when you remove the 3rd row and push the 2nd row back. Sa gilid na lang ako (medyo masakit sa likod but tolerable naman). We just keep a portion of the window open while the engine, a/c + movie is running).
    Open windows or not, open area or not, diesel smoke is carcinogenic. Especially if the diesel is running cold, at idle. It emits carbon monoxide, sulfur contaminants (from the fuel) and nanoscopic particulates that can penetrate lung tissue. Exposed to that for one to two hours on the road, where the smoke has time to disperse, is bad enough. Exposing yourself to that for eight hours straight is just plain dangerous. You should shut off the engine from time to time to let the pollutants disperse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    If space is a priority....hands down Everest
    Twice na na natulog kami sa Eve dahil sa blackout. My 2 kids (5y/o and 3y/o) + wifey can lie down comfortably when you remove the 3rd row and push the 2nd row back. Sa gilid na lang ako (medyo masakit sa likod but tolerable naman). We just keep a portion of the window open while the engine, a/c + movie is running).
    Avoid doing this again specially with your little kids inside.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Avoid doing this again specially with your little kids inside.
    whoa that guy just put his entire family at risk and proud pa.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Open windows or not, open area or not, diesel smoke is carcinogenic. Especially if the diesel is running cold, at idle. It emits carbon monoxide, sulfur contaminants (from the fuel) and nanoscopic particulates that can penetrate lung tissue. Exposed to that for one to two hours on the road, where the smoke has time to disperse, is bad enough. Exposing yourself to that for eight hours straight is just plain dangerous. You should shut off the engine from time to time to let the pollutants disperse.
    Thanks for the info niky. I didn't know about that it increases the risk exponentially when the engine is running cold. I won't do that again for sure
    As for the other comments, I just want to say that I'm not bragging about it, I was just making a point with regards to the "space" wideness of the Everest. That's the good thing of having a healthy discussions in the threads...You get to know new information which you can use and discard those practices that are wrong.
    Last edited by Gecko Guy; August 14th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe. Ganyan talaga. When I first started out, i had a lot of beliefs handed down from other drivers that turned out to be wrong, too. ;)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Alterra din pinaka-duh,,,
    I agree, Alterra's figures tells the story, pero sabi nila matipid daw, don't really know the truth to that considering it's 2.5 CRDI just like the others in its segment.

Pinakamahal nga din ang Alterra, madami rin kasing followers ang Isuzu, with the image of durability and good F/C who wouldn't want an Isuzu?

For me the style just don't appeal to me, I would have gone next level from owning an Isuzu Crosswind to Alterra, since my crosswind was handsdown reliable and tipid.
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; August 24th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    After 5mos of using my Everest verdict medyo matagtag talaga, I'm contemplating on replacing the my shocks to Procomp MX6 sa back and ES1000 sa front.

F/C I guess is normal, 8-10km per liter depending on your driving habits, during spirited driving you'll probably get 8 Km/liter or less, but if you do 1600rpm 60/80kms/hr under 3/4th gear you can easily achieve 9-10km/liter, also avoiding acceleration and doing sudden stops would help.

Not to be OT, Everest Or Montero for me, but for Everest if you can wait a little more all new everest will be coming out soon maybe next year (I hope), it's all new under T6 platform just like the all new ranger.
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; August 24th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I agree, Alterra's figures tells the story, pero sabi nila matipid daw, don't really know the truth to that considering it's 2.5 CRDI just like the others in its segment.
    Actually, 3.0 pa nga. 3-liter 4JJ1-TC that makes 146 HP. But yes, I also hear na matipid naman siya.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Actually, 3.0 pa nga. 3-liter 4JJ1-TC that makes 146 HP. But yes, I also hear na matipid naman siya.
    Thanks, 3.0 with 146HP, hmm.... at least It compensates with good F/C.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Ford Everest '12 vs Montero '12 vs Fortuner '12