New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But it seems that you are having trouble in securing an Explorer or Prado unit... Paano na yan? If fuel consumption is not an object for you, mind considering the Mazda CX9 as well?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thats ok...Im not really in a hurry....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ayaw mo ng CX9? Or maybe a 2nd hand LC200?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Prices for LC80s are insane. You can now, finally, FINALLY get an LC80 at under 700k, but great condition ones are still in the 800-900 range.

As secondhand prices for LC80s and Suzuki Jimnys show... people really appreciate a truck that can really go off-road...
    LC80 owners are still laughing all the way to the bank... if they'll ever sell that is Our family bought one brand new in 1995 and to date, its value is still more than 50% of the brand new purchase (since we got it prior to the new taxes on SUVs being imposed). There's also a 1998 Exped 4x4 in our garage (belongs to my aunt) and its solidity and feel at its age is no where near the LC80 (which is even older by three years and both cars have nearly the same mileage per year travelled).

The Prado will definitely be easier to sell many years hence at a reasonable price. If i were in your shoes, i'd definitely get it over the Explorer because of our experience and use of the Toyota trucks and that we really keep cars for quite a while. If you're just after full comfort and style and sell after around three years or pag "sawa na"then the Explorer has some edge on that.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Have two uncles with LC80s, absolutely will not sell them. Hay...

Quote Originally Posted by ciotime View Post
    Sorry dont really like the Mitsubishi or Hyundai brand...
    Don't discount the brands. Things change over time, and Hyundai is so much stronger, better and better made now than it was when it first entered the Philippines. The quality just seems to double every few years.

That said... the Veracruz is one of the older models in their stable, and it can't match the CX9 and Explorer for solidity and build quality.

The CX9 is woefully underappreciated. Great build quality, great engine and interior, great refinement. And great fuel economy... not! If it came in diesel, it'd be a killer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    My choices and preference is really only either the Prado or Explorer...Im not really considering other models anymore. I was really decided upon the Prado until I heard about the Explorer just recently...now Im leaning towards the Explorer. Dont know if Im right but am I correct that the Explorer will be a bit economical compared to the Prado? 3.6 vs 4.0...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ciotime View Post
    My choices and preference is really only either the Prado or Explorer...Im not really considering other models anymore. I was really decided upon the Prado until I heard about the Explorer just recently...now Im leaning towards the Explorer. Dont know if Im right but am I correct that the Explorer will be a bit economical compared to the Prado? 3.6 vs 4.0...
    In theory, yes. The Explorer's 3.5 should be more economical than the Prado's 4.0. And then the Explorer is also lighter than the Prado, which should make it even more thriftier.Between these two, Explorer na talaga. Unless you plan on using it for farm work...

And the newer Explorer is also turbocharged, which enhances the fuel-efficiency due to a more accurate combustion process.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    lumabas ba yung eco boost model dito?

Oo. Eco Boost...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ford 2012 explorer vs toyota prado gasoline