I'm about to buy a second hand van for my family. My Toyota Liteace 92 is ageing and Gasoline prices is really uncontrollable.
I'm now zeroing my site at these 2 van ... Spacegear GLX 4WD vs Starex 99~2000 diesel . My maximum budget is 320k only.
Now my concern is during flood and some points that I will mention. Lets face it Ondoy will happen again and some how we will be affected and in some cases we cannot turn back with it.
Lets pressumed both van is in very good condition and very good conversion.
Here are my questions
1. Which of the 2 van will survive in a 2ft flood? 3ft flood?
2. Starex - I haven't seen a lifted Starex well at least 2 to 3 inches, is there any major risk or any drawbacks? If there is any saan shops pwede magpalift? how much?
3. Spacegear - nadadaya ba ako ng mata ko bakit parang mas malapad yung tingin ko sa local na GLX kaysa dun sa Japan na GLX 4WD?
4. Sa mga pang-ilalim alin ang mas matibay yung sa SPACEGEAR GLX 4wd or yung sa Starex 99~2000. Pag nagbabasa ako sa mga topics dito sa tsikot parang naamoy mas madaling masira yung pangilalim ng starex kaysa sa spacegear or dahil 4wd si Spacegear?
5. Anong ideal na makina ipalit sa STAREX 99~2000 in 50k budget, ayoko CRDI dahil mahal. Yung makina na para lumakas lang ng kaunti ... like 2.6 to 2.8cc diesel.
6. Diesel consumption, which of the two ang mas matipid for daily use? and trip to Baguio?
Hope you can help me ... in 3 months time I'll be buying a van in replacement of my old Liteace.