New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    Going back in time, parang yng brake system ng 123 body na benz and yng toyota crown. Interchangable yng parts but both companies never had a joint project during those times.

OT:

Which parts of the brake system?

And what model year for the Toyota Crown?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    * TS..

Ive read a lot of good advise.

Just my take... save up some more and use that amount for a brandnew car instead. (doesn't matter if China, Korea, India made). Or if talagang hindi pa kaya get a newer model. What you are after is less headache because either way brandnew man yan or second hand there always be a cost associated to owning and maintaining a vehicle.

Alam mo yun feeling of regret that you threw your hard earned money away. 120-140k is no joke. Hence you need to put it in good use.

Your best bets in terms of parts availability:
    AE92
    Bigbody
    Lovelife

However you have to keep in mind that you will likely spend ATLEAST 20-30k to keep it in good running condition, and possibly another 10-20k for aesthetic repairs.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by portisiks View Post
    Mga sir ung nissan sentra ex 1997 model Best buy pa din ba un? Salamat!
    i bought a brand new unit, and enjoyed it for 14 years.. good car. easy to maintain.. decent fuel efficiency (8-10 km/li in the city), and nice aircon.
    poor resale value?... so what? you're a'buyin', ain't you? heh heh.
    your problem is stumbling onto a unit still in good condition...

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

Which parts of the brake system?

And what model year for the Toyota Crown?
    If I remember it right:

Caliper
    Rotor
    Brake Pads
    Hoses

Toyota Crown Models from 1980-82 (?). The ones before Ninoy was assasinated.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yeah, those two models (at one point and in limited numbers) shared a common OEM brake manufacturer which was Bendix.

But for the most part, Mercedes Benz uses ATE while Toyota (or any other Japanese carmaker) would prefer Akebono.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
First car. Second hand. Help me choose. Mitsubishi lancer gsr, honda esi or city mayb