New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Guys, inquire lang which car you think is best? It's going to be used primarily for city driving.

Variants:

Fiesta: 1.4 Hatch (Kung may manual sana na "sports" yun na sana kaso wala.)
    Vios 1.5G M/T (Proven to be reliable and the roomiest of the bunch. Only thing i don't like is there's too many of them on the road already)
    Jazz 1.3 M/T (Medyo mataas price niya compared sa Fiesta pero is it worth it?)

Reason for choosing M/T. Fuel Consumption and maintenance. Gagamitin din ng youngest brother ko and mag aaral pa lang siya mag drive this sem break.

Criteria:
    Good F/C
    Aircon! Malamig na malamig dapat! eto pinaka importante para sakin. Medyo na disappoint ako sa fiesta nung tinesting ko yung aircon kasi parang ang hina o ako lang yun?
    Mantenance (Which one is cheaper to maintain?)
    Reliability
    Ride comfort
    Power (Ok, not much to expect here but it's nice to know which of the three can give you the thrill we sometimes look for.)

If you can post advantages/disadvantages of the three, it will be most appreciated.

Currently scheduled to test drive the Fiesta. Vios and Jazz na testing ko na thanks to friends.

TIA for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Fiesta's aircon for me is the best here in fact, so kung nahinaan ka pa duon mas lalo na sa Vios and Jazz...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree with tidus.. Malamig ang aircon ng fiesta.. Mayroon Jazz ka diba.... I learned from a friend, na hindi maganda ang upuan ng jazz... sakit agad ang katawan mo after a long drive...

Pero one thing I don't like with the Fiesta... Hindi ganoon kaluwag ang 2nd row.. Feeling ko mas maluwag pa ang Getz..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Vios is what I'll recommend for you, since your younger brother would also be using it to practice driving it's the best choice, "A1 Driving" uses the Vios for their student drivers....
    Maintenance is the cheapest of the bunch, just use Toyota Regular Motor Oil at 5,000 KM intervals and you'll save lots of money.
    Reliabilty: "400,000 miles or 640,000 kilometers" and still going strong; Die-hard drivers: 200,000 miles and up - Toyota Yaris: 400,000 miles (5) - CNNMoney.com

Aircon: Cold enough but just below the 2011 Corolla Altis which is by far the coldest Aircon I've had ever experienced....
    Ride comfort: Ok, just don't put big mags and low profile tires on it.....
    Power: Vios has the advantage here bigger displacement, and even better with the Manual Transmission

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Vios spells PRACTICALLY. Value for money. Cheaper maintenance also. The hordes of units out there in the streets supports more 3rd party sellers of car parts and consumables.

If you do not want to go pedestrian, then be sure you have the moolah to back it up.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks for the reply.. testing ko na lang ulit aircon pag na test drive na.. and no, i don't have a jazz. na drive ko lang jazz ng friend ko.. hehe

any major issues for the fiesta anf vios i should look out for? parang ayoko na ng jazz..

oks yung video! nakakabilib talaga vios.. kaya napapa isip pa ko kasi mas madalas na brother ko gagamit since i have the nav.

pwede ba natin compare maintenance costs ng vios and fiesta? like 10k,
    20k, etc.. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kung sa CASA ka I would bet mas mahal sa Toyota. Why? 5000km interval sila VS Ford's 10,000km interval. Malaking bagay yun kasi your labor cost would be slashed in half and you change oil and filter less frequently. Pero kung sa labas mas mura Vios...

Di lang sikat Fiesta dito pero sa Europe yan ang Vios nila hahaha. Yan ang talamak duon!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ahhh... ok pala eh... every 10k lang ang pa service... pero bakit naman mas mahal pag sa labas ko pinagawa e ganun din naman every 10k lang... o sobrang mura lang talaga parts ng vios?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When I say labas I mean outside the dealership. Of course your warranty will be void. Mas mura sa labas ang Vios simply because parts are easier to source. My opinion is it shouldn't be too bad for the Fiesta, afterall its selling very well naman.

Pero pag nag test drive ka ng Fiesta atsaka Vios sobrang one sided yan!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fiesta 1.4 is a much better car than the Vios 1.3 or 1.5 MT. The Vios 1.5 MT is faster, but the Fiesta Trend has a better interior, better sound insulation and drives much better. The only complaint is that the rear seat feels tight, but by the tape measure, it's the same as the Vios. The difference is the Vios's front seat backs are more scooped out than the Fiesta's which makes it feel roomier. But the Fiesta's seats have more support.

If you're going for ease of use and simplicity of maintenance, the Fiesta isn't bad. 10,000 km PMS interval, and they promise that their PMS price is lower than Honda's. In other words, likely the same on paper as Toyota's (after you calculate the difference between synthetic and mineral oils), but with the added savings of only going once to the dealership for every two trips with the Toyota).

Obviously, once past the warranty, parts for the Vios and Jazz are easier to find, as they've been out on the market longer, but popular cars create their own supply chains, and with the number of Fiestas on the road, it won't be long until Mazford and all the other associated Ford parts suppliers in Banawe are carrying major Fiesta parts.

Of course, don't discount the Jazz. There is nothing roomier overall in the class than the Jazz... except perhaps the Accent. But the Jazz rides better than the Accent and drives almost as well as the Fiesta/Mazda2. And the only other hatchback with near-as-much cargo space is the Fiesta.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fiesta or Vios or Jazz?