New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I narrowed down my choices to two SUVs: a Subaru 2.5XT Forester, and a Ford Everest 3.0 4x4.

I have test driven the two, although their lower variants only -- the 4x2 Everest Limited, and the 2.0 Forester. I know that these two belong to different SUV classes, but while I love the "power" and handling of the Forester, I like the size and external appearance of the Everest. I'll do most of the driving (city-driving), but I'm a family man as well. Would surely appreciate all your inputs.

By the way, this will be my first SUV. I'm currently using a Toyota Camry.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Choose the Subaru Forester 2.5 XT. You will have much more smiles everytime you get into it than your other choice.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    everest = if you need to ride a bit more than 5 persons.
    forester = if 5 persons or less.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you need the hauling volume it would be the Everest.

If you only have 3 kids, you can make the Forester work. It will really make you smile more. The drive/ride would be miles away from the Everest. It may not be a fair comparison but as you said, magkaiba naman talaga ang dalawa.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me, no contest... subaru forester. dream car ko ngayon ito.

put some muffler on it para marinig ang flat pistons.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    everest = if you need to ride a bit more than 5 persons.
    A bit more than 5 people... like 5.5 people?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    is there a 4x2 3.0 everest? lahat yata nito 4x4.

i'd choose the everest. ladder frame, heavy duty construction. it can punch through a concrete wall if you want to, much less slog through mud on your way up to sagada ( i am, of course, exaggerating here).

the subaru for me is a lot like a lifestyle SUV and the ford as something an american cowboy would drive... somewhat like a starbucks espresso vs. kapeng barako... both serve the same purpose but one is a lot more manly and robust.

more dealers sa ford, more parts from dealers, more mechanics.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    is there a 4x2 3.0 everest? lahat yata nito 4x4.

i'd choose the everest. ladder frame, heavy duty construction. it can punch through a concrete wall if you want to, much less slog through mud on your way up to sagada ( i am, of course, exaggerating here).

the subaru for me is a lot like a lifestyle SUV and the ford as something an american cowboy would drive... somewhat like a starbucks espresso vs. kapeng barako... both serve the same purpose but one is a lot more manly and robust.

more dealers sa ford, more parts from dealers, more mechanics.

The point is the threadstarter admits it will be mostly city driving. And even for out of town trips, I doubt if it would even see mud beyond some unpaved resort/hotel parking lots.

In that sense, something more comfortable to drive is the one that would be preferred. Hence, the Subaru Forester is the better choice.

BTW, if you want something more manly and robust, probably choose a Land Rover 110.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subaru Forester, international safety standard, 6 airbags. Plus the Everest's 3rd row seat is not comfortable for regular use.
    Last edited by Walter; August 6th, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    you have a point there. But they are also in really different categories.
    True, different categories... but the TS is the one comparing them as "SUV" vehicles and asking which would be better to fit his lifestyle.

Given his other car is a Toyota CAMRY, the Subaru Forester would be the choice vehicle between the two.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Everest 3.0 or Subaru 2.5 XT?