The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about reliability?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    on drag race for these SUVS who do you think will win? 0-100, 100-140, 140-170, 170-200?
    Sta fe/sorento more likely. Very powerful engine and light body

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Yiz. The speed goes to korean cars. However some of them are front drives. scary for me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    A stock Montero VGT is very sluggish off the line (based off experience with the Strada GLS-V, seconded by Montero GLS-V owners). It only starts accelerating in earnest once it hits 2k rpm from which it delivers excellent midrange acceleration which just keeps going before losing steam at around 170-180.

I haven't had the opportunity to "properly" thrash our Santa Fe yet. But from what I've experienced, it accelerates hard almost immediately off the line exhibiting how a variable geometry turbo is really supposed to work. I personally find the 4D56 VGT to have more "brutal" midrange punch as compared to the Santa Fe's more linear acceleration.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I've a friend who drives a 5 seater 2011 Sorento 4x2 CRDi. I personally find it bouncier than our Santa Fe. Road imperfections are quite pronounced. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Di naman kaya overinflated tires?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Di naman kaya overinflated tires?
    I've thought of that too. Might be the case. Can't ask him though. My friend knows next to nothing about cars except driving them, and that is their family "coding vehicle" . The car's got 17s as compared to our SF's 18s which, theoretically, should give it an advantage in terms of ride comfort. We inflate to 35psi on all corners, by the way.

Compared to modern ladder frame SUVs, I personally don't find our SF THAT much more comfortable as their different platform types might suggest, though it is noticeably less bouncy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    on drag race for these SUVS who do you think will win? 0-100, 100-140, 140-170, 170-200?
    1. Trailblazer 4x2/Sorento 5 seater /Santa Fe/Montero Sport V6 4x2 >>>> Trailblazer 4x4 > Montero Sport >>> everything else.

Of the four, the Sorento and Santa Fe have the potential to hit 100 under 9 seconds... but the new Santa Fe feels slower and heavier.

Good luck finding the five people in the country who actually bought a V6 Montero Sport to test it out.

2. Sorento / Santa Fe > Trailblazer >>>> everything else.

3. Same.

4. Pointless. All of these cars have speed limiters. And drag racing on the streets is illegal, don'cha know.

Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    Yiz. The speed goes to korean cars. However some of them are front drives. scary for me.
    Front-wheel drive is much, much, much safer at highway speeds than rear wheel drive. Any deflection of the direction of travel due to hydroplaning (over the puddles that form on the fast lane at the SLEX during heavy rains) is easy to control... just have a firm grip on the wheel. In a rear wheel drive car, if you start hydroplaning when the car is under power, the momentary imbalance of torque at the rear axle will cause the rear end to "step out" (ergo - drift)... which you need to counter after the fact with a quick application of countersteer. If you lift off the gas or hit the brakes in panic, it will simply make the slide worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    How about reliability?
    Ikaw na sumagot diyan in five years.
    Last edited by niky; October 27th, 2014 at 09:04 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Good luck finding the five people in the country who actually bought a V6 Montero Sport to test it out.
    Is it true? Only 5 people bought the V6 Montero Sport petrol model? Is this the Montero Sport GLS SE model?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Is it true? Only 5 people bought the V6 Montero Sport petrol model? Is this the Montero Sport GLS SE model?
    This was the 3.0 V6 lifted from the Outlander that made 200 hp, released sometime in 2012 for about 1.4M.

It was Mitsubishi's way of countering the 2.7G Fortuner. Unfortunately, the phrase "3.0 V6" scared away people more than it enticed them 😂

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I could be wrong... it could be less.

But seriously... who's going to buy a V6 Montero Sport? With the soft suspension and very slow steering, it's not a sports car... so why would you want all that gas guzzling power? Especially when the 2.5 is already quicker than most people need?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast