New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gusto ko lang sanang humingi ng opinion re: Chrysler 300C.
    Things to watch out for.. pros and cons, history (of defects? since the model/line was released?)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well it's based on the Mercedes E-class (w211 chassis yata) so it should have plenty of handling prowess. It's a large car, with high sill lines so visibility may be limited. There's a link on Youtube.com about Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear reviewing the 300C.

One more thing, it's also fuel efficient. I think 4 of the cylinders shut off when you don't need them, or something to that effect. A bit shady on the details but it's mentioned in the video.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks.
    may personal experiences ba kayo about this car (like if you have driven one, owned one, etc). how about quality? since this is a partnership between MB and Chrysler, would this mean na mas ok ito as compared to 'other' US based cars (like those of the GM's, Fords, etc). Comparable ba ito sa mga Japs cars (like the camry's, accords, maxima's, or even the big sedans from lexus', infiniti's, acura's, etc).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry, no experiences in driving/owning one. Expect quality to be at par with MB, I guess, since they have a partnership.

With regards to other "domestic" cars here in the US, I would choose this over the Dodge Charger, for example. But the Dodge Magnum is actually a Chrysler too in Europe, I found out in a magazine.

Grab a copy of Consumer Reports sa mga grocery/magazine stands there in Houston, I'm sure they should have a report on it. If not, Edmunds.com should. Then again, these are magazine tests and not personal experiences.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    available ba locally yung may hemi V8? you can shut off the 4 cylinders in this version yung sa V6 hindi ata. parang kulang sa power yung V6 eh. pero kung cruising lang naman ok na siguro yun. best value for money sa class niya. mafia pa dating! gwafu.
    Last edited by Negus; December 31st, 2006 at 08:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i drove my cuzns 300c while i was visiting VA. acceleration was mad crazy, his was the 5.7 HEMI V8 300c. anyway it really roomy inside. i like its mobster-ish presence. and yeah the new v8 300c's have this what they call MDS? (iono what it stands for) it does shut down 4 of its cylinders while cruising but the other 4 will come back to life once you gas it. although its a huge car it doesnt feel like your driving a huge car. windows are actually regular size but with the massive doors they look tiny.. hehehe!!

but if i was to chosoe between the 300c or the charger? id go for the charger. just my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i drove my cuzns 300c while i was visiting VA. acceleration was mad crazy, his was the 5.7 HEMI V8 300c. anyway it really roomy inside. i like its mobster-ish presence. and yeah the new v8 300c's have this what they call MDS? (iono what it stands for) it does shut down 4 of its cylinders while cruising but the other 4 will come back to life once you gas it. although its a huge car it doesnt feel like your driving a huge car. windows are actually regular size but with the massive doors they look tiny.. hehehe!!

but if i was to chosoe between the 300c or the charger? id go for the charger. just my 2 cents

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    at less than 6km/l, i dont think its economic.. but if you have the dough to acquire it, then sky-rocketing gas price is no problem...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I love this car.

AFAIK there are 3 variants.

The base model (3.5 V6) = Php 2,650,000 - 250 HP

The Hemi (5.7 V8) = Php 3,250,000 - 340 HP

The SRT-8 (You have to pre-order this, I don't know the price) - 425 HP

If you have the money, go for the Hemi or the SRT-8! Just slap on some 22's and a decent grill, you're all set.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    only the HEMI shuts off half the cylinders in eco mode. although eco mode on this beast won't compare to japanese cars, it's presence alone will send the accord back to the garage. (sama ko ano?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Chrysler 300C