Pros: Toyota, parts support, cheaper ata, more variants maybe
    Cons: Smaller, seems flimsy,

Is Spin the Avanza killer?
    Whats your inputs ?

Which would you choose?
    And thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There's another thread; Avanza vs Innova.

The Innova would be a better option than the two smaller vehicles, even though it's priced a bit higher.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    I think the Spin and Avanza are in the same segment

Spin
    Pros: Bigger, dieSeL,
    Cons: More expensive, parts supports

Avanza
    Pros: Toyota, parts support, cheaper ata, more variants maybe
    Cons: Smaller, seems flimsy,

Is Spin the Avanza killer?
    Whats your inputs ?

Which would you choose?
    And thanks
    The Spin is a refreshing addition to this segment. It offers a diesel engine which is absent vs the competitor, it has a slightly bigger size and then it has other features. I would say it will eat up market share vs the Avanza. Its only a matter of time but, I would choose to wait a few more months until you see more on the road and that would be a good sign its a better choice.

You may want to incite your needs or checklist for your vehicle so fellow tsikoteers can provide a more thorough feedback.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thanks Sirs Egan & ACar Enthusiast,

For people transport, pero most of the time I am the driver. for business
    also to carry heavy loads like boxes of paper

Also we are looking in this segment because of fuel economy.

I just feel that a segment between the innova and the avanza would be perfect
    medyo malakas daw sa gas and innova , perhaps because of the larger body

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    topgear is swearing by its cheap fuel consumption, cheaper than mirage. i wonder how the avanza FC compare with spin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa manual around 9-10 kms per liter ang Avanza.. yung automatic ang malakas sa gas 6 to 7 kms per liter (both city driving).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The gasoline Spin is around the same as the Avanza. Automatic only, though.

If you want a manual Spin, you're looking at getting the diesel... the base diesel model is just under 800k.

-

If you're getting the vehicle for business, the 1.3 Avanza makes more sense. Cheaper. More economical in the city with a light load (with a heavy load, not so great, but still acceptable) and there's more interior space than the Spin, and the loading lip of the trunk is lower.

Nowhere near as nice as the Spin, but if all you want is room...

If, however, the car needs to serve nicely as your personal car, the diesel Spin sounds enticing. I just haven't seen the LS model yet. The LTZ diesel is nice, but it's already a whopping 900k+

For work/personal vans, you can also look at the Adventure and Crosswind. The Adventure starts at just over 700k. The Crosswind at just under 800k. Both much bigger, more space... fuel economy is decent with the MT and maintenance is dead simple. Only problem is these two models are really popular with the anti-smoke belching units. A minus if you have to drive through Makati.

The APV is also an interesting choice. APV II starts at the mid-700s. The APV I is still on sale and is available for under 600k pesos. Worth checking out. Fuel economy is not great, not with a 1.6 liter engine, but the cabin is flexible and legroom is pretty good. Only issue is it's very narrow compared to the other trucks here.

-

In the end, while the Spin would make the nicest personal car of this bunch... I think the Avanza works best in the situations you describe. It's a very good in-city transport for six people (seven if the guys in the second row are not too wide... ) and it has a very flexible cargo compartment. Best bet is the 1.3E MT for maximum economy and convenience. Seven seats, power windows, no-nonsense black interior (easier to clean than the beige on the 1.5G) and it's the lightest and nimblest of all the seven seaters... perfect for zipping through traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    these two models are really popular with the anti-smoke belching units. A minus if you have to drive through Makati.
    Diba po tinangal na sa Makati ang ASBU? or suspension lang?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by enterbay View Post
    Diba po tinangal na sa Makati ang ASBU? or suspension lang?
    Suspension.

It'll be reimplemented, sooner or later.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The gasoline Spin is around the same as the Avanza. Automatic only, though.

If you want a manual Spin, you're looking at getting the diesel... the base diesel model is just under 800k.

-

If you're getting the vehicle for business, the 1.3 Avanza makes more sense. Cheaper. More economical in the city with a light load (with a heavy load, not so great, but still acceptable) and there's more interior space than the Spin, and the loading lip of the trunk is lower.

Nowhere near as nice as the Spin, but if all you want is room...

If, however, the car needs to serve nicely as your personal car, the diesel Spin sounds enticing. I just haven't seen the LS model yet. The LTZ diesel is nice, but it's already a whopping 900k+

For work/personal vans, you can also look at the Adventure and Crosswind. The Adventure starts at just over 700k. The Crosswind at just under 800k. Both much bigger, more space... fuel economy is decent with the MT and maintenance is dead simple. Only problem is these two models are really popular with the anti-smoke belching units. A minus if you have to drive through Makati.

The APV is also an interesting choice. APV II starts at the mid-700s. The APV I is still on sale and is available for under 600k pesos. Worth checking out. Fuel economy is not great, not with a 1.6 liter engine, but the cabin is flexible and legroom is pretty good. Only issue is it's very narrow compared to the other trucks here.

-

In the end, while the Spin would make the nicest personal car of this bunch... I think the Avanza works best in the situations you describe. It's a very good in-city transport for six people (seven if the guys in the second row are not too wide... ) and it has a very flexible cargo compartment. Best bet is the 1.3E MT for maximum economy and convenience. Seven seats, power windows, no-nonsense black interior (easier to clean than the beige on the 1.5G) and it's the lightest and nimblest of all the seven seaters... perfect for zipping through traffic.
    Ndi ba matagtag avanza sir? Ok lng naman siguro fc ng avanza 1.3E MT kung dito lng carmona cavite d naman city driving tsaka kaya naman pang uwi sa province minsan2 batangas at cam sur..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast