Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    Hi Guys,

    Need some expert opinions. In terms of the following w/c is better?

    1. Power
    2. Good for city driving
    3. Good on highway drive
    4. Fuel efficiency
    5. others...

    Thank You for the adanve help.
    ADVERTISEMENTS

  2. #2
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    Nakapagtest drive na ako ng Spark A/T. Cool AC, nice sound system , nice exterior (except n wheel cap) and interior for me. My only concern is normal lang ba yung 3RPM sa 40Kph n speed? Sabi nung mekaniko don sa chevy normal lang daw yon. Nagtanong ako paano kung 80- 00kph na yung speed ilan yung normal RPM nya? sabi nung mekaniko 4 -5RPM daw? totoo ba yon?

    Hindi pa ako nakapagtest drive ng M/T wala kasi silang pang test drive.

  3. #3
    SobrangBilisMagType! niky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Underwater, whenever it r
    Posts
    21,070

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    The 1.2 MT isn't much quicker than the 1.0 MT, but the 1.0 AT... no contest... the weak engine and long gearing of the automatic make it dog slow when overtaking.

    Otherwise, there's no real reason to get the 1.2 LT over the 1.0AT LS. The 1.0AT has similar fuel efficiency and is more convenient to use, especially as the manual Sparks have a rubbery shift linkage. Most of the differences are cosmetic: alloy wheels, chrome headlights, body-colored interior panels (not that great), roof rails and integrated head-unit (prefer the replaceable standard 1DIN in the 1.0). The only dfference really worth mentioning is the extra power on the highway.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  4. #4
    Tsikot Member Rank 3 cripple_rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    A 1.0L A/T would be comparable to a scooter while the 1.2L M/T would be comparable to a 125cc motorcycle. One offers more comfort in heavy city traffic while the other one doesn't get too much more speed but has a safer throttle response for the fast highway traffic.

  5. #5
    Tsikot Member Rank 5 ghosthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    29,433

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    Quote Originally Posted by JD Lopez View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Need some expert opinions. In terms of the following w/c is better?

    1. Power
    2. Good for city driving
    3. Good on highway drive
    4. Fuel efficiency
    5. others...

    Thank You for the adanve help.
    The 1.2L vs the 1.0L is practically the same inside & out. The 1.2L has a small issue to having a "dead" spot in it's rpm range where power seems to be flat from under the mid-rpm until you nearly reach the last few RPMs. Given this, I would choose the 1.0L A/T, much easier to drive and has a linear power delivery from it's engine.

  6. #6
    Tsikot Member Rank 5 ghosthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    29,433

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    A 1.0L A/T would be comparable to a scooter while the 1.2L M/T would be comparable to a 125cc motorcycle. One offers more comfort in heavy city traffic while the other one doesn't get too much more speed but has a safer throttle response for the fast highway traffic.
    Have you tried driving the Chevy Spark 1.2L against the 1.0L?? The 1.2L does NOT offer a better throttle response. In fact it's more frustrating to drive the 1.2L versus the 1.0L because of the weird power delivery characteristics of the 1.2L engine.

    The 1.2L engine has a big power dead spot which makes it hard to drive properly.

  7. #7
    Tsikot Member Rank 3 cripple_rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    I've actually never get in touch with a 1.2L Spark. But the 1.0L is quite successful in South America, I have even seen some people using it in quite long road trips over 2000km...

  8. #8
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    I just got my Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT. Satisfied naman ako sa performance nya. Maganda ang handling, hindi matagtag, lahat malambot dahil bago. Ok sya kung hindi ka naman naghahanap ng sobrang bilis na sasakyan. maganda din ang interior nya kasi maluwag din. Madali sya dalhin kasi maliit lang. Tamang tama sa city driving. Sa mga ahunin na lugar medyo hirap sya kung may masusundan ka na mabagal sa harap mo, pero kung direcho lang ang takbo mo kahit sa 3rd gear aahon sya.

  9. #9
    Tsikot Member Rank 5 ghosthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    29,433

    Default Re: Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??

    Quote Originally Posted by Badungas View Post
    I just got my Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT. Satisfied naman ako sa performance nya. Maganda ang handling, hindi matagtag, lahat malambot dahil bago. Ok sya kung hindi ka naman naghahanap ng sobrang bilis na sasakyan. maganda din ang interior nya kasi maluwag din. Madali sya dalhin kasi maliit lang. Tamang tama sa city driving. Sa mga ahunin na lugar medyo hirap sya kung may masusundan ka na mabagal sa harap mo, pero kung direcho lang ang takbo mo kahit sa 3rd gear aahon sya.

    Congrats with your new car. Take notice that the rear hatch rattle a bit on rough roads. I am not sure if there is a fix for it.

ADVERTISEMENTS

Receive Latest Cars For Sale Alerts via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tsikot Car Finder Latest Car Listings
Thousands of Tsikoteers see these ads everyday. Get better results with your car ads. Post your cars for sale at Tsikot Car Finder now!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •