New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I don't like the tail light design of the captiva. Parang matang nakabuka at nakatitig sayo. okey sana yung twinpipe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Mas pogi yung Captiva sa Fortuner IMO, and mas maganda ride niya. Better test drive both and then choose. Mahirap yung pogi lang, pero biglang pangit pala yung overall quality and performance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Didn't you guys know the "Chevy" Captiva is actually a rebadged Daewoo Winstorm? In Australia, it's the Holden Captiva and stateside, the Saturn Vue. I'm pretty surprised many of you suggested this over the Fortuner.
    If it's on the same platform as the Saturn Vue then it can't be all bad as the second generation model has been getting rave reviews from the automotive press here in the US.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Originally Posted by bankai
    guys, need inputs on this, we are planning to get a new ride, at first we want the everest, but after going to chevrolet, we decided we wanted the captiva, then we check out the fortuner, we ended up liking also the fortuner, why?

mas malaki ang fortuner, at mas mataas kesa sa captiva

ang captiva walang third row seats (you have to pay 28k for addt'l 3rd row seats), ut, we do not really need the 3rd row seats, if theres a 3rd row seat much better, and lucky us, we get to see a captiva with 3rd row seats, pag naka-incline na yung 2nd row ng konti tumatama na sa tuhod ko (i'm 5'8") and the 3rd row seats is not made from chevy.

what we really liked sa captiva is the all black interior and its amenities, and its a new model, kumbaga mas pogi itsura nya kesa sa fortuner

now, should we get the new pogi model captiva or the old pogi fortuner?

captiva - P1,299,000
    fortuner - P1,4++,+++

thanks
    its better that you and your family visit both toyota and chevrolet dealership, ask for a brochures, check the specs study and compare both of them. request for a test drive.

do a little homework, check the internet, use the search option, there is an article/review/comment regarding both vehicle in TopGear and FifthGear websites... (use google/yahoo/msn search engine)

You, and only you have the final say with regard in purchasing a vehicle...

listen to people/friends who actually owns and drive either/or a fortuner/captiva for they're the only one can tell you if the vehicle is good or bad...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    If it's on the same platform as the Saturn Vue then it can't be all bad as the second generation model has been getting rave reviews from the automotive press here in the US.
    Yes, its on the same "GM Theta" platform as the Saturn Vue.
    The new Saturn Vue is actually a USDM version of the Opel Antara. They were developed side by side with the Captiva.
    Starting with the Captiva, GM will slowly transfer the older GMDAT models to GM global platforms.
    What that means? The GMDAT models that were developed by Daewoo before they became part of GM will be replaced by real GM models manufactured by GMDAT for the Asian and European market.
    GMDAT will function as GM/Chevrolet's arm in Asia and Europe.

About it being badged as a Daewoo, aside from the cadillac and Saab luxury cars, all GM products sold in Korea are called Daewoo.
    The Holden Statesman is badged as the Daewoo L4X for the Korean Domestic market.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if its based on looks only... i would go for the chevrolet captiva since its more modern... and has that European look.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hello guys, it's me Jandro and i would like to share some of my driving experience about my Chevy Captiva 4x2 (2.0 L diesel engine). First of all about what i drive. I use to go long distance in my nature of work (overseas-KSA) and i had various vehicles assigned to me by my company and had driven as follows:

Toyota 4x4 pick-up truck model 2002
    Nissan 4x4 pick-up trucks models 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
    Toyota Land cruiser 4x4 model 2002
    Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 model 2003 (VXR - V8)
    Toyota Prado model 2002, 2004, 2006
    Ford Ranger pick-up truck (Argentinian made)
    Chevy Caprice SS
    Honda accord 2002, 2004, 2007
    Toyota Camry 2004, 2006, 2007
    Toyota Fortuner 4x4 (4 liter engine)
    Mitsubishi adventure GLS sport 2006 (my previous ride here in Phil)

What i can say about my Captiva:

My trip to SBMA (spent a night at Subic Park Hotel) was purely driving pleasure, overtaking with confidence, as i described it, a "silent power".
    The ride was so smooth as my wife commented, and it makes me a happy owner, getting what i expected from a Chevy brand.
    About the looks, i think most car enthusiast will agree that Chevy captiva got great looks. My fuel consumption returns 9.6 Km to a liter considering it's on the first 600 Km (Odo reading) or shall i say break-in period. As i reached more than 1100 Km (odometer reading) i obseved that as i put in P1000 of diesel or about 24 Liters = already given me an odometer reading of over 300 Km and i'm still one notch from the zero gradiation of my fuel gauge where i had it filled. (Obviously, this time i'm getting more that 12 Km/liter of mixed city-highway driving).

I'm glad i go for this SUV. My younger brother in law does too(he has one too), and so will my elder brother in law who's planning to get one too.... We've been captivated...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Well for me from looks alone, I would just get the Fortuner, looks more spacious and has a slightly bigger profile. Yep yep.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would choose the captiva over the forts. My main reason is captiva has VGT which the forts lacks. Having vgt in your crdi is a big plus. I don't have a captiva or a fort but I do have a Carens which got VGT and my brother has strada. They both have almost the same HP but you will surely feel the power of a VGT powered vehicle than a plain intercooler turbo. You can check the Carens forum with regards with their rides and how the Crdi pwered VGT pleased all of us. For moe Captiva is more of a bigger and powerful carens. and looks nicer also. Hands down its captiva.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    if i had the money to choose between the two, ill choose the captiva...it is nice looking, sporty, better engine, suspension and conti lang sa road.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chevrolet Captiva or/vs Toyota Fortuner