New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys, need inputs on this, we are planning to get a new ride, at first we want the everest, but after going to chevrolet, we decided we wanted the captiva, then we check out the fortuner, we ended up liking also the fortuner, why?

mas malaki ang fortuner, at mas mataas kesa sa captiva

ang captiva walang third row seats (you have to pay 28k for addt'l 3rd row seats), ut, we do not really need the 3rd row seats, if theres a 3rd row seat much better, and lucky us, we get to see a captiva with 3rd row seats, pag naka-incline na yung 2nd row ng konti tumatama na sa tuhod ko (i'm 5'8") and the 3rd row seats is not made from chevy.

what we really liked sa captiva is the all black interior and its amenities, and its a new model, kumbaga mas pogi itsura nya kesa sa fortuner

now, should we get the new pogi model captiva or the old pogi fortuner?

captiva - P1,299,000
    fortuner - P1,4++,+++

thanks

PS, please answer more on the looks, i already know the pros and cons of fortuner

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Get the Santa Fe...

All kidding aside, it's really up to you. The Captiva's CRDi technology is pretty good, so it shouldn't be any more of an issue than any other CRDi engine out there, while the Fortuner's D4D is somewhat less sophisticated... which means the Captiva should have smoother performance and better economy (should have... whether it actually does, I don't know yet...).

The Fortuner has a somewhat more heavy duty suspension, but the Captiva being lower and front-wheel drive biased, should be more secure on the road, and safer in the rain. The Fort will have the advantage off-road... though I think the Everest is the most capable off-roader amongst the seven-seater set.

What do you need the height for? Are you going off-road? Or do you live in a flood-prone area? If it's the latter, don't base flood-ability on height... check out the position and orientation of the air intakes before you decide. Me? I live in a flood-prone area, and my sedan has survived four-foot deep floods. It's simple. When it's raining hard, don't drive. It's the safest thing to do...

Either way, the Fortuner should also be better at fording floods.

It all boils down to what you want. The Captiva is somewhat better on-road, the Fortuner is much better off-road. You decide which matters more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    if its looks your after, i would go with the captiva. i won't see myself every other kilometer. at di sya takaw carnap.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks niky for the answer

i need the height because sometimes i go to flood-prone areas of valenzuela, kawawa naman yung sedan ko

and another thing for height is parang mas secure ka, kita mo lahat

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manager View Post
    if its looks your after, i would go with the captiva. i won't see myself every other kilometer. at di sya takaw carnap.
    oo na sir, i really like the looks of the captiva and also the interior of it

right, di sya takaw carnap, iniisip ko na nga na i should warn our family members to take extra precaution on using the fort

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're just after the looks, then go for the Captiva... it looks more refreshing than the hordes of Fortuner roaming the our streets.

though for my money, I'd rather get the Sta. Fe or Everest.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    May I suggest A Subaru XT? It costs around P1.3MM lang. Mas gwapo pa kaysa sa dalawang pinagpipilian. Pero among the two choices, i'd opt for the captiva in CRDi guise.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Looks depend on the eye of the beholder.
    i would rather get a fortuner and dress it up with 20" rims and tires plus some add on accesories. A fortuner will still look more "maporma" to the massa. A lot of people who don't know anything about cars would know nothing about the captiva while a fortuner , like the pajero wand expedition will already be in their minds as a Porma car because of its popularity.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Looks depend on the eye of the beholder.
    i would rather get a fortuner and dress it up with 20" rims and tires plus some add on accesories. A fortuner will still look more "maporma" to the massa.
    That reminds me...
    Here's a Captiva with 20 inch Evo Star Irmscher wheels.

here's someones Fortuner with 22 inch bling blings...

A lot of people who don't know anything about cars would know nothing about the captiva while a fortuner , like the pajero wand expedition will already be in their minds as a Porma car because of its popularity.
    For me, whats more important is what the owner feels/thinks about his ride and not what the "massa" thinks.
    Last edited by AG4; January 8th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    parehas gwapo sa big shoes nila ha, at first i really want the FORTUNER, but then came the CAPTIVA and it takes my breathe away

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chevrolet Captiva or/vs Toyota Fortuner