New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi Guys and Gals!
    I'm having this dilemma of searching for my very first own car to drive. I have a family, so the car being a hauler is a must. I searched for some cars in ******* and here's a list of what I think are good. Can you guys help me choose. TIA

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
    2001 Mitsubishi Pajero CK Shogun
    2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    2011 Ford Everest MT

I'm liking the Ford Explorer so far, but I don't have any idea about how it performs. If somebody could shed a light on this it would be highly appreciated. Also, if someone could pinpoint the pros and cons of each car, it would be awesome. Or if somebody could suggest other vehicles, I'll be open to suggestions

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir as a first car get the everest among your choices..para madali ayusin at marami piyesa.

Ingat din sa mga naondoy or na mario..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks po sa input sir oliver!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Yopur choices are good cars and some of them are
    comfortable cars and has an Attitude and tells you you
    are like the Sequoia and explorer

the Bk pajero is one of the best pajero
    but due to it's late coming here and very few people bought( beacuse they still sell the GEN2)
    parts are kind of hard to find

the Explorer is a nice american SUV with the traditional 4.0 v8 engine
    comfortable

The Sequoia is a decade old so parts are hard to find since it wasn't sold here
    only gray imports sells brandnew Sequoia

Everest is not really comfy w/ the leaf springs
    but it offers the best FC and parts are easy to find

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jutenheim223 View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals!
    I'm having this dilemma of searching for my very first own car to drive. I have a family, so the car being a hauler is a must. I searched for some cars in ******* and here's a list of what I think are good. Can you guys help me choose. TIA

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
    2001 Mitsubishi Pajero CK Shogun
    2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    2011 Ford Everest MT

I'm liking the Ford Explorer so far, but I don't have any idea about how it performs. If somebody could shed a light on this it would be highly appreciated. Also, if someone could pinpoint the pros and cons of each car, it would be awesome. Or if somebody could suggest other vehicles, I'll be open to suggestions
    What's the budget?

I'd stay away from the Explorer and Sequoia since though fast and comfy, they are gas guzzlers, and parts are not as readily available.

The Pajero is fine, but if you're looking at Japan surplus, it may be a potential headache. Only bite if you are 101% sure about the quality of conversion and legitimacy of the papers. Or, if your budget wouldn't permit a local CK Pajero, there's always the evergreen FM.

The Everest is a good, though rather agricultural choice. There's lots of room, good handling and engine performance and legendary flood wading capability but with rather crude bits like leaf springs and rear drums and a pull type handbrake.

If you don't need the off road capabilities of an SUV, might I suggest the Starex GRX. Powerful diesel, comfy ride, still prestigious enough for hotel driveways and not as huge and unwieldy as the Grand Starex especially when driven alone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    What's the budget?

I'd stay away from the Explorer and Sequoia since though fast and comfy, they are gas guzzlers, and parts are not as readily available.

The Pajero is fine, but if you're looking at Japan surplus, it may be a potential headache. Only bite if you are 101% sure about the quality of conversion and legitimacy of the papers. Or, if your budget wouldn't permit a local CK Pajero, there's always the evergreen FM.

The Everest is a good, though rather agricultural choice. There's lots of room, good handling and engine performance and legendary flood wading capability but with rather crude bits like leaf springs and rear drums and a pull type handbrake.

If you don't need the off road capabilities of an SUV, might I suggest the Starex GRX. Powerful diesel, comfy ride, still prestigious enough for hotel driveways and not as huge and unwieldy as the Grand Starex especially when driven alone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    The ad for the Pajero says that it's local, original left handed. For my budget, I'm looking at less than P1M but can stretch up to P1.5M but I hope it doesn't get there. Thank you for the input, it was really helpful.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jutenheim223 View Post
    The ad for the Pajero says that it's local, original left handed. For my budget, I'm looking at less than P1M but can stretch up to P1.5M but I hope it doesn't get there. Thank you for the input, it was really helpful.
    so your budget is around that price
    you can reward your self a brand new Mitsubishi Montero for 1.2 M

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    +1 on the Non-vgt montero. Or you could get the base model Mu-x.

With a stretched budget of 1.5M, IMO why settle for full size but old (and gas guzzlers, pajero as exception if diesel) SUVs? You said its your first own car, so maybe you have no idea how expensive it is to own them. With that budget you can already get a brand new, mid-spec, diesel-fed mid-size SUVs. If I were in your shoes, I'd get myself a Trailblazer 4x2 LTZ.

Please refer to this thread.

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...-sta-fe-99743/
    Last edited by leodawesome; October 22nd, 2014 at 12:06 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Same here, with a budget like that. I will go for a brand new car. Marami ka pang pagpipilian SUV sa ganyang price.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Agree with those who said buy new. With your budget, best to buy new. Get a diesel if possible. The cars you choose are gas guzzlers. Dont be surprised if the Explorer will only get you 5 km/ltr in city driving. You have a lot of choices with your budget. Remember when buying used cars, there is always a risk that you will be buying someone else headache.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast