Aug 2011
    This year, I am planning to buy a pick up which is better in terms of :

Looks;
    features:
    fuel consumption:
    price:
    safety..
    and etc.

and also if i choose to buy strada model 2011 is it ok ?or i will wait for the next generation?
    rather than to buy a new hilux 2012?

thank you!

please help

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir kindly wait for few months pa, lalabas na rin yun 2012 strada where in both matic and manual will be sharing the same engine na vgt. The 2012 hilux 2.5E still carries the old engine, meaning without VGT

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desparam View Post
    This year, I am planning to buy a pick up which is better in terms of :

Between the two sir:

Looks ---- Hilux
    features ---- Strada
    fuel consumption ---- Hilux
    price ---- Strada
    safety ---- Both are actually unsafe if you really want to scrutinise the true meaning of safety, say at high-speeds, as both have high centre-of-gravity

and etc. ---- all this 2012 Hilux, Strada, Navara, BT-50, and DMax (include also Foton Blizzard) issued here in Philippines are all just MERE PRETENDERS and would be shamed bigtime by the all-new 2012 Ford Ranger when it arrives here in Philippines this 2012 as announced OUT-LOUDLY by Ford Philippines ;)
    ....However, if anyone thinks that the new 3.0-litre V6 Navara will be sold here in Philippines, well chances are it won't be. Else, if it will be coming, then it's not during the immediate short-term like 2012....The average intro-price for it even in the Australian market is just too restrictive for a utility pickup, Au$65,000, and that is not yet the out-the-door price hehe.... PhP3.0 million na pickup and the price going for it is not surprising as Renault of France developed it

and also if i choose to buy strada model 2011 is it ok ?or i will wait for the next generation?
    rather than to buy a new hilux 2012?

thank you!

please help

Hintayin mo na sir ang all-new 2012 Ford Ranger, as it's announced OUT-LOUD by Ford Philippines na darating dito sa Pinas by 2012. Options will include manual- and auto-trannies. Malamang sir, baka may tax-holiday din yan since it's a new technology in the market and Ford may qualify it so, just like what Mitsu Philippines has done so with its Strada GTV that's why mura ang Strada sir....

Kindly see (coming to the Philippines in 2012): The All-New Ranger | The All-New Ranger ;)

Kung nagkataon pa sir, the 5-cylinder 3.2-litre Ranger comes with a 200 hp and 470 Nm torque engine in stock-form. Ideally, as it's a straight-penta, it runs smoother, as the throws in the crank are 72-degrees angled at each other. With our current 4-cylinders, the throws are angled 90-degrees and the engine utilises two balancing shafts. The penta engine should also run smoother than a V6 (which also utilises two balancing shafts as it's inherently-imbalanced) but it cannot be any smoother than a straight-6 cylinder engine, like some BMW's. Volvo makes penta-engines mainly for marine engines, and they are highly-regarded....

Goodluck sir!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    sir you mean lalabas din ang new strada for this year? anung month kaya? and may i dea po kayo kung how much siya srp? ng strada

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    anung month kaya ng 2012 sir lalabas kasi i have limited time lang at magkano kaya ang price kasi sa Strada 2.5 GLX 4x2 M/ 945,000

medyo ok na yung price at ok na rin ang looks at safety..magano kaya sir yung sinasabi mo?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I believe the 2012 stradas are already on its way here coming from thailand. Sabi nila oct daw dito na pero para sure make it sa nov. AFAIK may price increase of 30k lang naman.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ngayon ka na talaga bibili, I'd suggest you get the Strada. It is significantly more powerful, more comfortable and more spacious, although at the cost of lesser rear bed space. Better yet if you can get the GLX-V variant, yun nga lang matic lang yun. If you are looking for a pure workhorse vehicle, I suggest you look for the Ranger 2.5TDCi as its got lots of power and great handling. Waterproof computer box means you are never afraid of drowning your vehicle in floods. And since the new one is coming soon, I believe Ford will be giving very attractive deals for this one.

However, if you can still afford to wait I'd suggest you do so there will be quite a few new pickups coming out by the end of this year or by next year.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Hintayin mo na sir ang all-new 2012 Ford Ranger, as it's announced OUT-LOUD by Ford Philippines na darating dito sa Pinas by 2012. Options will include manual- and auto-trannies. Malamang sir, baka may tax-holiday din yan since it's a new technology in the market and Ford may qualify it so, just like what Mitsu Philippines has done so with its Strada GTV that's why mura ang Strada sir....

Kindly see (coming to the Philippines in 2012): The All-New Ranger | The All-New Ranger ;)

Kung nagkataon pa sir, the 5-cylinder 3.2-litre Ranger comes with a 200 hp and 470 Nm torque engine in stock-form. Ideally, as it's a straight-penta, it runs smoother, as the throws in the crank are 72-degrees angled at each other. With our current 4-cylinders, the throws are angled 90-degrees and the engine utilises two balancing shafts. The penta engine should also run smoother than a V6 (which also utilises two balancing shafts as it's inherently-imbalanced) but it cannot be any smoother than a straight-6 cylinder engine, like some BMW's. Volvo makes penta-engines mainly for marine engines, and they are highly-regarded....

Goodluck sir!

Yung 4x2 lang hanap niya so malamang yung 2.2 liter Ford ranger ang pasok sa budget niya.

TS: if you can't wait get the Strada, but if you can, test drive also the new Ford rnger nga ara 3 na pagpipilian mo.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ah salamat sir sa advise sana lumabas na sila this month kasi ngayong month ako titingin .limited time lang kasi ako para makapili at madeal ang mga papers.

sa tingin nyo po ba kung hindi ko na hiihintayin ang bagong strada at kung bibilin ko ang strada for this month wotrh it po ba hindi po ba ako mag sisisi dahil hindi ko hinintay yung bago paparating?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    like ko po strada kasi kasi maganda po medyo pasok po budget kaso po kasi ngayon 945,000 yung selling price nila glx m/t 4x2 anung year po ba yan release 2011?

while yung bago po ala po idea kung magkano? at ano yung pinagkaiba ng ngayon sa bagong strada na darating with same specs.any idea?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying strada glx 2.5 MT 2011 or hilux 2012 4x2 E (M/T)