New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys, I would like to ask for you opinions. Im planning to buy a used honda civic vtis 04. I checked out the car it seems to be ok, not perfect but good enough for me. The only problem is that it is not 1st owned by the seller. He did not transfer it to his name buy and sell ata. I having some doubts about the papers I'm afraid I might have problems transferring it to my name. This is my first time to buy a car.

And also this is a 2nd hand car even though I think it is a good car I'm still having some doubts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Civic VTI-S is a good vehicle however since it's second hand, I get a little wary when it's being sold by a Buy and Sell since they tend to hide defects or needed repairs, or do these at the cheapest price possible.

Buying with an open deed of sale is a norm with a lot of backyard buy and sell persons. I've dealt with an established buy and sell guy in one of those auto lots when we bought our Innova and he transferred it to his name before reselling it. Vehicle records and condition matched to the CASA as well so we bought it.

If you're not sure about it but you're keen on purchasing the vehicle, ask the seller if you can take the vehicle to a Honda CASA for a check-up/inspection and records verification, at your expense. My friend did this before, after buying his Civic from a Buy and Sell and it turned out, the car had a tampered mileage after a cross check with service records. The Buy and Sell just took it back and refunded him without batting an eyelash.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The thing is the seller does not have a deed of sale at hand. Only a photocopy of the 1st owners ID with signature w/ original OR and CR. I believe kapag open deed of sale meron parin deed of sale with the vendors sign but the vendee is blank.

I have already accepted the fact that I might discover some problems with the car, I think. The only thing stopping me is the papers. Im afraid I might have problems transferring it to my name.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, if the car is still under the first owner's name, the original, notarized Deed of Sale should still be at hand. Chances are he has it but does not want you to see it as the original purchase price is indicated. Pag ganyan, stay away. Maraming second hand cars nowadays and you just have to take your time in the car search.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What if i ask him to close the deed of sale? Will that make a difference?