New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sir mejo limited budget po eh. Do u have anything to say about the mazda tribute and xtrail? Are they better in terms of performance and fc compared to the 1st 3? Salamat po

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung X-Trail pwede rin basta di importante sayo yung resale value. If you are interested, get the 2.0L 4x2 variant, it'd be more spacious and more fuel efficient than the Rav4.

The Mazda Tribute 2.3L is out of the 300+k budget still, unless you get the older V6 models. It is basically a rebadged Escape, so if you get the 2.3L Escape it is just the same car with different trims and features.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sir gti,

U mean ung 2.3l variant of escape is more fuel effiecient than the 2.0 ? Kahit po sa city driving? For sure sa hiway driving malakas ang hatak non.

Between the 3 which one would u prefer? Xtrail 4x2, rav 4 2001 or escape 2.3L po? Salamat

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by patricio_1025 View Post
    Sir gti,

U mean ung 2.3l variant of escape is more fuel effiecient than the 2.0 ? Kahit po sa city driving? For sure sa hiway driving malakas ang hatak non.

Between the 3 which one would u prefer? Xtrail 4x2, rav 4 2001 or escape 2.3L po? Salamat
    for better feedback try nyo sir magvisit dun sa cartalk para malaman nyo yung pros and cons ng 3 na yan sir para mas makita mo kung ano talaga yung suit para sayo

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by patricio_1025 View Post
    Sir gti,

Yes bro. The 2.0L was underpowered, which made it thirsty. We had the Escape 2.0XLT 4x4, which was replaced recently by a Mazda Tribute 2.3 4x2, and we have a 2010 Escape 2.3XLS stationed in Taiwan. The 2.3L is significantly more fuel efficient than the 2.0. Abot at kaya lumampas ng 7km/L yung Tribute dito, and the 2.3XLS in Taiwan gets as high as 9km/L city (bandang probinsya kasi yan).

Kung ako I'd be picking between the X-Trail 2.0 and the Escape only. Test drive ka nalang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes bro. The 2.0L was underpowered, which made it thirsty. We had the Escape 2.0XLT 4x4, which was replaced recently by a Mazda Tribute 2.3 4x2, and we have a 2010 Escape 2.3XLS stationed in Taiwan. The 2.3L is significantly more fuel efficient than the 2.0. Abot at kaya lumampas ng 7km/L yung Tribute dito, and the 2.3XLS in Taiwan gets as high as 9km/L city (bandang probinsya kasi yan).

Kung ako I'd be picking between the X-Trail 2.0 and the Escape only. Test drive ka nalang.
    ok sir.salamat sa info

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtip View Post
    for better feedback try nyo sir magvisit dun sa cartalk para malaman nyo yung pros and cons ng 3 na yan sir para mas makita mo kung ano talaga yung suit para sayo
    i'll do that sir.tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I had an xtrail 2.0X, 4x4... it has a lot of toys than the rav I guess, you can switch to 4x2, real time 4x4 and full time 4x4, among other features 2 cooler box , intermittent rear wiper, power fold side view mirror, nice sounds and for me its quick enough just use the o/d off button. Roomy sya at maganda ang ride parang kotse.

Down side mahina aircon despite of being nissan so sarado mo yung cooler box para lumakas konti and mahal pyesa. Sirain ang maf sensor, idler pulley, at pang ilalim parang kotse din multi-link suspension kasi.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    I had an xtrail 2.0X, 4x4... it has a lot of toys than the rav I guess, you can switch to 4x2, real time 4x4 and full time 4x4, among other features 2 cooler box , intermittent rear wiper, power fold side view mirror, nice sounds and for me its quick enough just use the o/d off button. Roomy sya at maganda ang ride parang kotse.

Down side mahina aircon despite of being nissan so sarado mo yung cooler box para lumakas konti and mahal pyesa. Sirain ang maf sensor, idler pulley, at pang ilalim parang kotse din multi-link suspension kasi.
    to add to this, when i decided to buy the 2.0 xtrail 4x2 last 2005, i researched and compared it with RAV4, CRV, Escape and Tribute (all 4x2 A/T variants). the reasons are the ff:

1. Advanced features of the xtrail as mentioned above plus the fly-by wire gas pedal versus sa ibang units. Meron break assist pa. Sobrang gaan i-drive ng xtrail.
    2. Maganda ride ng xtrail, parang sedan lang at magaan din manibela
    3. Malaki ang trunk ng xtrail
    4. Matipid sa gas considering 2 liter engine (7 kms/liter city; 9 kms/li sa highway)
    5. Maganda porma compared sa Tribute at RAV4, pero mas macho dating ng Escape at mas disente/mamahalin dating ng CRV
    6. Mura ang PMS at parts, dami pa available sa Banawe

Addition sa down-side: sirain ang aircon compressor at alternator. Just replaced the alternator after 6 years and due for replacement na din ang aircon compressor.

Pero test drive mo pa din sir para malaman mo ano mas bagay sa hilig mo. Pero ako, after my research and comparo based sa forums, di na ako nag test drive, pinili ko agad xtrail.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nakita ko yung cargo area ng X-Trail sa Nissan Westgate before. Washable ata yung cargo bed, parang hard plastic yung surface.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
buying 2nd hand suv