New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hi guys! i am a newbie here.. i am planning to buy a 2nd hand suv for my family.. 1st car po namin. i have 2 kids aged 8 and 2...
    my choices are:
    1. 2000 rav 4

2. 2002 crv

3. 2004 escape xls/xlt

4. any other suggestion po....

A/T po ang gusto ko. and my budget is 300k++ . i just need ur inputs, comments and advice on what should i consider in choosing a 2nd hand car, besides the low odo reading. saka which is better po in terms of maintenance, engine power and fuel consumption knowing the high fuel price in manila... your comments will be highly appreciated.. salamat and more power..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by patricio_1025 View Post
    hi guys! i am a newbie here.. i am planning to buy a 2nd hand suv for my family.. 1st car po namin. i have 2 kids aged 8 and 2...
    my choices are:
    1. 2000 rav 4

2. 2002 crv

3. 2004 escape xls/xlt

4. any other suggestion po....

A/T po ang gusto ko. and my budget is 300k++ . i just need ur inputs, comments and advice on what should i consider in choosing a 2nd hand car, besides the low odo reading. saka which is better po in terms of maintenance, engine power and fuel consumption knowing the high fuel price in manila... your comments will be highly appreciated.. salamat and more power..

Based on your choices I'd go with the Rav 4, 02 to 06 CRV's are gas guzzlers and so is the Ford Escape. Parts wise Totyotas are much easier to source and more reasonable than the latter 2. The downside is the room inside which is small.

I don't have an alternative suv for you to choose but will join again if other members give their inputs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir, anong generation yung Rav 4? Ito ba yung 1st or yung 2nd. Yung 1st generation eh yung may version na 3-door.

Same suggestion with ans_lim, the 2nd gen CRV are gas guzzlers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    Based on your choices I'd go with the Rav 4, 02 to 06 CRV's are gas guzzlers and so is the Ford Escape. Parts wise Totyotas are much easier to source and more reasonable than the latter 2. The downside is the room inside which is small.

I don't have an alternative suv for you to choose but will join again if other members give their inputs.
    sir salamat sa input. actually my 1st choice po talaga is escape,but when started reading about how gas guzzler it is, then i consider rav4 and crv in my choices. sir, do u have an idea about the fc of rav 4 00-01 model? and what are the usual problems i might encounter when i get this one? salamat po ulit. God bless

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LiempoBoi View Post
    Sir, anong generation yung Rav 4? Ito ba yung 1st or yung 2nd. Yung 1st generation eh yung may version na 3-door.

Same suggestion with ans_lim, the 2nd gen CRV are gas guzzlers.
    sir salamat sa input. sir ung 2nd gen rav4 na po. ung 2000-2001 model. may idea po ba kayo about its performance? pros and cons of it?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    saka mga sirs does it come with 2wd and 4wd (rav4), right? which one is better po? for city driving and sometimes out of town po. I am an ofw pala so twice or thrice a year lang ako nasa pinas. is it ideal for me to get an suv or sedan will do po considering my budget and situation? salamat po sa mga sasagot.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you are conscious about fuel consumption and are buying a CUV, the best is to get the 4x2 M/T variant.

The Rav4 is a fine car, but resale value is ridiculously high. And take note that it is A/T and full time 4x4 only, unless you get the 1.8L 4x2 variant which is offered much later and is out of your budget.

If you're targeting the 2.0L A/T Escape, don't bother. Its a comfortable, well handling and sturdy (sturdiest among the three in fact) car mind you, but it drinks gas like a V6! Despite weedy performance, consumption is actually not far off from its 3.0V6 brother, which you might as well get instead. However, if you are to get the 2005 and above models with the 2,3L engine, then it turns to a really desirable car. Engine performance and fuel efficiency are both significantly increased.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    AFAIK, 6-8km/L yung consumption ng Rav 4 at maganda tingnan. Yung lang talaga yung alam ko personally...yung iba sinabi lang sa akin or nabasa ko dati (balak ko kasi kumuha dati pero hindi natuloy).

Add ko na rin yung X-trail...baka gusto niyo. Pero parang mas maganda DAW yung Rav 4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sirs gti & liempoboi, salamat po sa info. I'll take it all into consideration. Mukhang rav 4 po ung clear choice. I hope i can find a good deal salamat po.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the XTrail and Tribute? They also belong within the same group.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
buying 2nd hand suv