New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're not a heavy user i think the CRDi will go a long way for you given the proper maintenance. Try inquiring with grey market dealers who offer aftersales service and warranties.

What may make one think twice about the Urvan if it's for personal use is that it's an old van with no crash worthiness whatsoever, or safety features such as ABS and airbags. That would be a big plus to the Starex.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If you're not a heavy user i think the CRDi will go a long way for you given the proper maintenance. Try inquiring with grey market dealers who offer aftersales service and warranties.

What may make one think twice about the Urvan if it's for personal use is that it's an old van with no crash worthiness whatsoever, or safety features such as ABS and airbags. That would be a big plus to the Starex.
    i recall one visit to Nissan where sales person claimed that new Nissan frames are strengthened for head-on collisions and cited an incident where a sedan took heaver damade than an Urvan. Now, i don't know about that ;).

Putting the numbers, it's about P150k difference between Urvan and TCI (depending on specfic model)~ pricetag of extra safety? and it's some 50k difference between the 12 and 10 seater M/T TCIs. Maybe the extra bench and the pair of bucket seats for the 12seater are worth the 50k? (was thinking of removing the bench and just putting it back if needed in rare occasions).

Shut out CRDi at the very start due to many reads here (including D4D issues) ~ can live w/o the extra power and save P200k + recurring higher maintenance. But i think I'll give the gray market option a look.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    AFAIK, walang TCI GS sa gray market...Hari was the only one who brought in TCI in the local shores...when you visit the grey market dealers, make sure to bring a box of tissue because you will surely drool over the bells and whistles of a kdm unit...

Do Hari still carry TCI units on their product offerings...Tiba they have plans to remove the a/t variant tci? Natuloy ba? Kung sana pareho lang ang passenger space ng GS sa Grandia, GS would be a winner for our requirements...
    Last edited by mateomarco; February 21st, 2013 at 10:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    HARI offers these TCI variants: TCI GL MT 10 seater (1.283M), TCI GL MT 12 str (1.323M), and TCI GL AT 10 seatr (1.453M). Just got this qoute last week.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    NIce! So its between nissan (Urvan or Estate?!) or TCI GS ang choices nyo sir...Might as well eye for the 12 seater manual... Were you able to inquire how much yung estate? Maganda rin interior nito...way better than an urvan...An SA from nissan discussed their promo for their urvan with saying that for a minimum of 700K downpayment, you may loan the urvan for 3 years zero interest...

Just to share my experience with urvan, bilib ako sa suspension nito and braking...we are 18 pax sa shuttle from the fort to marikina and grabe magpatakbo...mainit lang talaga pag sa 3rd to the 4th row ka na nakaupo...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Estate seats are not fully reclinable. Here's what their literature claim:
    "• Reclining Rear Seats

Puts the body in the most restful position for optimum riding posture for both driver & passengers"

am surprised na di pwedeng humiga unlike Escapade. Was shown to us in one of the 2nd Hand car shop in edsa.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Oh...Didn't knew that the seats cannot be reclined flat down...Ill check my friend's estate to confirm...got their point of the reclining seats...optimum riding position not sleeping position

Hanggang anong angle lang ba ang recline ng rear passenger seats ng Estate? Di ko pa nasubukan i-recline yung nasa office. Ang pansin ko lang is mas wide yung individual rear passenger seats ng estate compared sa Escapade pero di ko pa rin nasusubukan i-fully recline yung sa Escapade.

Kung ganoon nga ang case, better sana kung dating seats ng Escapade ang ginamit sa Estate. Iba kasi talaga ang airconditioning ng Estate. Covered talaga lahat ng dapat i-cover coz of the well distributed vents hanggang likod compared sa escapade na yung 2nd row passengers, may tendency i-hog yung aircon vents.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd like to know actual angle of recline too. my immediate reaction upon knowing was to keep shopping ;).

but my gues would be no more than 120.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Estate we had before was the CEO version with the rear captain's chairs. I also thought the Estate seats would recline (not all the way but at least it was adjustable, usually bench seats on those passenger vans don't recline all the way really).

Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?