New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mondragon View Post
    toyota dyna pala is like L300fb/urvan/hi-ace/kia panoramic van/h100 hyundai pala.. kc ang payload nya is only up to 1500 or 1600kg... kaht panu pala lamang pa din i-van kc 2200kg payload.. pero bat ganun prang lumakin lng kaha ung payload di naman>?
    Typing in text language is not allowed in this forum.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Lamang nga yung payload ng I-Van sa Urvan at Commuter, pero usually ang shuttle sa manila eh tao lang ang sakay kaya ok na yung urvan at commuter sa shuttle service, kung provincial operation ka yung I-Van kunin mo kase para kahit bagahe kasya

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    s bagay may tama k jan.. ang hi ace kc at urvan purely van lang.. unlike isuzu i-van na truck na nlagyan ng van body.. so anyonw would expect na mas mataas ang payload nya.. with proper configuration of seats pwde din gwing delivery truck van ng mga mineral water at bigas ung i-van eh... sa urvan at hi-ace pang tao lng tlg.. well khit heavy duty ang isuzus at medium lng ang nissan at hi ace, cgro tama ka na bsta we meet every different kinds of needs..

mr kiantot, db ang urban at hi ace are both 3200 in gvw and 1600 kg in payload each? ung ibang urban kc at hi ace nglalagay ng 1900 o 2200 sa net weight e sa specs 1600 lng naman cla... smantala mga van lng cla... cgro nman di cla lalamang sa canter at nhr trucks db hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    syempre truck suspension yan .. kc nga i-van is about 600kg more in payload than urvan and hi ace.. fyi, isuzu i-van is also the nhr truck.. 2nd variation yan ng nhr truck..ung una ung flexi truck-where it has 700kg more payload than nissan and toyota.. so expect higher payloads for i-van,but maybe noisier engine,and a little bit slower than urvan and hi ace.. sana nga khit may makita ako na isang i-van na configured at least 23-seat and or nhr flexi truck na max 23 seater sa mga gt express...

nwei between the two, if comfort and aircon is concern, hi ace wins... but for speed, fuel efficiency maybe,urvan.. although isuzu fan aq, between the two, ms madami gmagamit ng urban so i guess mas bagay urban pang medium business

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    tingin q ms maganda kung almazora gumawa ng van body ng i-van kc sa mga buses ng isuzu almazora un eh hehe... no offense centro pero ok din nmn kau, sna pataasan lng ung body ground clearance.. sa l300 nga gmagawa din centro eh,pati kia at hyundai

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    bkit di ba pwde pa configure un?may ng suggest naman bili ka ng truck na nhr taz kaw mismo pagawa ng gus2 mong configuration.. 2200-2280kg na payload ng ivan pwde 23 people dun.. ilan lang sa urban at hi ace?sa pyload nla sakto lng 18,mejo hirap p nga eh..lakas p kumonsumo ng diesel.. eh ung i-van kahit truck matipid nman.. sabi ng isuzu agent may 16-18-20 seat configuration cla.. pero kung gus2 mo cgro gawin 23, bka sa labas kn mgppgawa nun..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    ung mitsubishi delica nga hndi din foldable ung likod eh

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    still to otep, gaya ng sabi mo, most lng.. hndi lahat ng rear seats foldable..ung iba ganun n tlg.. wat is important hi-ace and urban are just medium duty business vehicles.. wag na magfeeling... isuzu flexitruck and ivan un ang mga tunay na heavy duty//

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    To Sir Mondragon, please be reminded na iwasan ang text speak dito sa forums natin. Thank you and have a good day!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ang nag-feeling? Last time I posted, sabi ko lang most medium duty units when used within their set parameters and maintained properly will provide years of reliable service.

And payload is not the only measure of being heavy duty. Even my daily ride can only carry about 750kg but it is designed to survive heavy duty use in most remote parts of the world. Can even pull an 18 wheeler to the side of the road in an emergency.

If you choose another contractor to configure an I-Van, then just buy a plain Isuzu NHR and have your contractor hack it up instead of paying Centro for a sloppy job. Heavy duty nga pumapalakpak naman ang pinto sa likod habang nagmamaneho ka. The NHR may be a 'heavy duty' truck but it doesn't change the fact that Isuzu and Centro did a sloppy job in re-engineering a truck into a passenger vehicle. Something that Isuzu reps don't even want to admit or talk about. I have nothing against the NHR but this variant is really not worth spending that much money for.

The MB100 has a cab chassis and double cab dropside pick up variant in other markets just like its competitors, the Kia K series and Hyundai H100. It is used in the logging and construction industry. Medium duty it may be but it has its own ladder frame chassis (something other vans don't even have anymore) and even an underbody skidplate to protect the engine in heavy duty use. It is also the only van/truck in its class to use a monoleaf rear suspension. More difficult to produce than multileaf systems but can be tuned to provide good compliance and load carrying capacity. The front end is basically a copy of a full size SUV's front suspension with a huge torsion bar and beefy control arms. Not as simple as a solid axle but it is also not difficult to service and can actually take a beating.

The Urvan is not that fast. Even a medium duty fire pumper can overtake it when we are responding code 3. But the i-Van is even slower than the Urvan. Not that we are buying race cars here but having enough power to confidently merge or overtake on the open road is also vital to vehicle safety. 2012 na. The game has changed. Although we still support the core values that make vehicles heavy duty (my everyday car has solid axles on both ends, a full ladder frame, no engine computer, etc.) we must also adapt to what is considered normal in today's market (such as adequate acceleration and braking figures).

And it's a brand new vehicle. The least they could make us feel is we got something brand new.

The heavy duty mantra is useless if the rest of the vehicle is already starting to deteriorate as early as the test unit's.

A good example is no effort on Isuzu to re-engineer the coolant system. Even the Foton guys managed to re-engineer the 4JB1's coolant overflow system when they crammed the engine into the Foton View's more confined engine compartment. Isuzu simply just unplugged the hose and threw away the jug thinking no one would notice. What will Isuzu say? "Buy your own jug?" A brand new car dumping coolant on the ground is no longer acceptable in today's world. Even the Urvan (chassis code E24) which was engineered back in the mid-80's already has a modern coolant overflow and recovery system. And the engineers even went the extra step to provide a system to check it without having to physically open the engine cover (they didn't have to but they still went the extra step and did it because it makes life for the daily user a whole lot easier).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?