New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    nice thread! ups ko lang po.. kumusta naman ang fuel efficiency... ano average km/li? TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    mas comfortable ang nissan urvan ... hi ace kasi mejo stiff ang ride

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    minsan nakakita ako na parang eroplano na tume-take off yung urvan at minsan naman nakakakita ako halos nakatungo na yung urvan.

sa commuter eh wala pa akong napapansin.. anu ibig sabihin kapag ganun? mahina ba suspension ng urvan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The urvans that take more than 12 passengers have a modified rear suspension making the rear end sit higher. 12 seater urvans do not so when the 12 seaters are overloaded or modified for more cargo or people, the rear end sags under load.

Best advice is to keep within the maximum allowable payload.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    great thread for peeps looking for family van. read all 24pages!!!

i drove Hiace (with about 12 passengers). Malakas nga makina pero malakas din tagtag -- parang popcorn kami sa lahat lalo na yung sa rearmost.

Have yet to drive an Urvan to get a feel of how slow it is. kelangan din kasi ng power for safe overtakes.

Based on the inputs here on i-Van, papat capital "I" yan as in Insult sa customers ;<.

Natingnan ko na din Kia Carnival pero konti lang seats sa out na sya for me. GTi suggested Starex TCI. An option for me too medyo takot lang ako sa maintenance ng Hyundai cars (as in real casa prices).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Shortchanged ka talaga with the bare Hiace Commuter (heck even the Grandia GL is bare and uncomfortable for long drives); Maganda lang talaga ang engine and crash worthiness against the Urvan. Try checking out also the Urvan Estate if you want a little more power as it comes with a 3.0L Di engine.

For the Hyundai, you can always opt for a third party source and servicing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In total, I've seen 5 I-Vans ever since they were launched. No thanks.

*14myXUV,
    How many passengers were you planning on carrying? I think if you were to compare an Urvan, a Commuter and a TCi, the cheapest in terms of maintenance would be the Urvan since it is not CRDi nor turbo, then the TCi since it's turbo but not CRDi then the Commuter since it's CRDi.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Shortchanged ka talaga with the bare Hiace Commuter (heck even the Grandia GL is bare and uncomfortable for long drives); Maganda lang talaga ang engine and crash worthiness against the Urvan. Try checking out also the Urvan Estate if you want a little more power as it comes with a 3.0L Di engine.

For the Hyundai, you can always opt for a third party source and servicing.
    i was assured by a car salesman that Starex parts (gave tie rod and ball joints as example) are way cheaper for Starex than Isuzu if sourced in Banawe. Am really thinking doing regular change oil myself via gas stations. Saw Estate yesterday and I was surprised that its seats are NOT reclinable! whoa! Turn-off ito esp if we're considering long trips.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    In total, I've seen 5 I-Vans ever since they were launched. No thanks.

*14myXUV,
    How many passengers were you planning on carrying? I think if you were to compare an Urvan, a Commuter and a TCi, the cheapest in terms of maintenance would be the Urvan since it is not CRDi nor turbo, then the TCi since it's turbo but not CRDi then the Commuter since it's CRDi.
    most often 6 lang (incl 3 growing kids). but there wil be occasions for more. On the seating, I am impressed with starex's flexy seat config!!!

with my experience on diesel maintenance(kahit limited pa), am not very comfortable with CRDi in PH yet. thus, the appeal of old school to me like TCI.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 14myXUV View Post
    most often 6 lang (incl 3 growing kids). but there wil be occasions for more. On the seating, I am impressed with starex's flexy seat config!!!

with my experience on diesel maintenance(kahit limited pa), am not very comfortable with CRDi in PH yet. thus, the appeal of old school to me like TCI.
    You don't get the flexible seating on the TCi unit though. Unless you have this customized. The CRDi on Hyundai units are pretty reliable, but yes, you pay more for their maintenance.

Better Passenger Van? Nissan Urvan Or Toyota Hi-ace Commuter or others?