New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Contemplating of getting one brand new for the retro looks. Which will be a better choice given all factors in?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Para sakin lang ah. Both looks are cute for girls. Wala macho look etong dalawa. No offense sir

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If it's just exclusively between the two, I'd get the Cooper.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    +1 for cooper, beetles are for girls.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I actually like the looks of the current Beetle over the previous "New Beetle"... the shape is now more reminiscent of the old car than the old three-hoop telephone shape.

Good engines, too.

The MINI, don't quite like the new front end. It's still okay from some angles, from others, the stretch is quite severe. It does feel a whole lot more special than the Beetle, and it drives better. But it's a whole lot more expensive. For the price of the base Cooper (3-cylinder 134 hp), you can already get the twin-charged 1.4 Beetle, at nearly 170 hp... with all the options, plus an extra classic Cooper S for coding days.

That said, the 3-cylinder is not much down on power, and it's a whole lot lighter than the Beetle (which is pretty huge on the outside for a two door 2+2), so performance is pretty similar, anyway.

-

Some people will see both as "chick cars"... so what? Driving a "chick car" is a very good way of catching "chicks."

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks? cooper.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the New and Current Beetle is a missed attempt. Its very hard to follow up on the legend that the original Beetle left, and obviously, this failed.

Cooper, on the other hand looks better but there are a lot of low points as well. First and foremost is the size of the interior. I find the Original Cooper roomier that the new one, despite it being way larger.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    There have been reports of unreliability for the Cooper, best to check it out if these are true.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm a big person. so the first thing i check out is, do i fit in comfortably? if i don't, then i cross it off my list.
    i'm also a VW fan, so i gravitate to the beetle..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    How about on the maintenance aspect, anyone would comment ?