New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    So, among the local brands if subcompact cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.) which one is: 1) The most comfy to ride in; 2) reliable; 3) stable handling; 4) with strongest aftermarket support; 5) with the least issues (meaning, sakit ng sasakyan na common sa model na iyon).

If you guys know lang naman.

Edit:

Sa mga owners ng mga units na ito. Kamusta po ang experience nyo sa mga kotse nyo?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Wigo, Brio, Celerio, i10, Picanto, and Mirage fall under a lower category (mini-car). For the sub-compact sedan/HB, it's Vios/Yaris, City/Jazz, Accent, Fiesta, Mazda2, Swift, and Rio.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Wigo, Brio, Celerio, i10, Picanto, and Mirage fall under a lower category (mini-car). For the sub-compact sedan/HB, it's Vios/Yaris, City/Jazz, Accent, Fiesta, Mazda2, Swift, and Rio.
    I agree - these are 2 different segments with very different price points. My take is that if you're satisfied with minicars, save yourself a few hundred thousand and stick with these.

Main advantages of the subcompacts are space and power. If you're single or married with only 1 kid, and the car will be used mostly for city trips, I don't think you need a subcompact.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Tried changing the subject but it wont change.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Ng View Post
    Tried changing the subject but it wont change.
    What do you want to change it to? Are you really comparing all the minicars and subcompacts or just the minicars or just the subcompacts?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    On the reliability aspect, most of the new models have just been released so we may need to wait a year or two to know how reliable they are. We may try to assume based on previous generations of such models but most have entirely new chassis with different engines and features.

I have a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost and there is no question on its performance and handling. I love the way it drives and I like the seats. I don't mind the interior space as it's comfortable enough as a daily commuter.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    On the reliability aspect, most of the new models have just been released so we may need to wait a year or two to know how reliable they are. We may try to assume based on previous generations of such models but most have entirely new chassis with different engines and features.

I have a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost and there is no question on its performance and handling. I love the way it drives and I like the seats. I don't mind the interior space as it's comfortable enough as a daily commuter.
    OT lang bro, how is a new subcompact (your Fiesta) compared to an older midsize (your 6th gen Accord)?

For me kasi I still prefer the larger car even if it's older, but I'm not sure when the line is drawn for too old.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I am assuming you wanted to compare the super subcompacts, not the subcompacts, because of your examples in the thread title.

I don't own one, but just like you, I am also considering buying one of them. To make the story short, based on my research on pure paper stats and info, Mirage GLS CVT is my winner. The Wigo comes next, not because of its features, but its price. If you won't be travelling long enough (< 7,000 kms per year) to take advantage of the Mirage's fuel efficiency, then I suggest go to Wigo because of the cheap upfront purchase price. But you may also would want to take a look at the Picanto and i10. Both cars have good features as well, and maybe their aesthetics are your personal preference. I did not bother with the Alto and Celerio, for personal preference reasons. Lastly, I didn't bother with the Brio as well as it's very pricey for its class, unless you want the "prestige" badge and you simply love the Hondas.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OT lang bro, how is a new subcompact (your Fiesta) compared to an older midsize (your 6th gen Accord)?

For me kasi I still prefer the larger car even if it's older, but I'm not sure when the line is drawn for too old.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    OT reply din, bro.

No comparison on the size, my 6th gen Accord still feels more comfortable with its wider body. The seats are also bigger. There is also enough legroom on the back, compared to the cramped rear of the Fiesta. We also have a 2009 City E and 2009 Jazz 1.3L, both offer bigger interior space compared to the Fiesta.

The Fiesta feels solid for its size. The doors have a heavy feel on them. The 6th gen Accord feels light for its length and girth. Most new compacts are about as heavy as the 6th gen Accord (1300 kg). The 6th gen Accord though is quite long compared to compacts, even new ones. I found it to be as long as a Fortuner or Sorento but it is not hard to manoeuvre around corners.

Both feel planted low in the ground. The 6th gen Accord has good natural grip and its suspension is quite good. The Fiesta is stable and composed, way better than a 2009 City/Jazz. The Accord's hydraulic power steering feels firm and I like its responsiveness. I put on 225/45/R17 tires on it and the steering feedback feels better. The Fiesta's steering feels firm and accurate for an EPS, not like the boring and dull feel on the 2009 City/Jazz.

In terms of performance, the 6th gen Accord can get up to speed easily specially when you floor that pedal and let the initial VTEC stage engage (3000-3500 rpm). The speedometer will keep rising as you keep more pressure on the gas pedal, even up to that 2nd VTEC stage at around 5000 rpm. Despite its small engine, the turbo on the Fiesta Ecoboost engages early (less than 2k rpm). Lots of torque is available at such low rpm so it can get up to triple digit faster than the 6th gen Accord. Pushing the gas pedal more and hitting past 4k rpm, I feel there is more torque available. I did some reading and it's the overboost function of the 1.0L Ecoboost engine.

I wouldn't mind selling my old Accord if I get something like a more recent midsize (Mazda6 or Accord) in return for it. I will just keep it for now. Maybe a project later on, with a H22 transplant.
    Last edited by Egan101; September 11th, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What do you want to change it to? Are you really comparing all the minicars and subcompacts or just the minicars or just the subcompacts?
    Battle of the Mini Cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.)

Mini cars lang talaga ang coverage ng thread, as against each other.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
Battle of the Subcompact Cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.)