New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Anung pinaka ok sa tatlo? Panalo sa looks ang elantra. Maganda ang toys ni fiesta. May engine push start button si altis.

First time owner here. Ung sa space medyo isantabi muna. Ung riding comfort, driving dynamics at fuel consumption and performance ang habol ko here. sana makatulong kayo.tnks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My opinion:
    Riding comfort: Altis<Elantra<Fiesta
    Driving dynamics: Fiesta<Elantra<Altis
    Fuel consumption: Elantra<Fiesta<Altis
    Performance: Fiesta<Elantra<Altis

Depends on your priority na. But I personally find the Fiesta too small. The Altis I find too expensive for a 1.6L 4 speed A/T car. The Elantra, for me, is the most balanced choice among the three.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Riding comfort: Altis<Elantra<Fiesta
    Driving dynamics: Fiesta<Elantra<Altis
    Fuel consumption: Elantra<Fiesta<Altis
    Performance: Fiesta<Elantra<Altis
    i agree with the analogy above. if he meant his ranking to be in order (BEST,BETTER,GOOD) and not the less than (<) sign.

example GTi wrote:
    Riding comfort: Altis<Elantra<Fiesta. if the meant it to be in order, i agree that the altis is the most comfortable. then the elantra and then the fiesta (S). or he could mean:Altis<Elantra<Fiesta: which becomes: altis is less comfortable than the elantra which is less comfortable than the fiesta. of which i dont agree.

btw, i have a fiesta myself. but for you, as a first time car owner, i would prolly recommend the altis na lang. just to be on the safe side of things. i dont think magsisisi ka if you buy one.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm...

Riding comfort: Elantra>Altis=Fiesta. The new Altis is stiffer than before. The Fiesta S has stiffer springs than the Trend... prefer the Trend. The Elantra is better than both, but not by that much.

Driving dynamics: Fiesta>Elantra>Altis. Agreed.

Fuel consumption: Unknown. The Fiesta isn't that great in traffic, but it's better than the Accent 1.6 4AT... the Elantra 1.6 6AT might be better than the Accent 4AT. the 4AT Corolla 1.6 is actually pretty economical. You'd have to get all three together to find out which is best.

Performance: Elantra>=Fiesta>Altis. Elantra's transmission is more responsive than the Fiesta's, and the engine is terrifically punchy. Fiesta's dual-clutch is oddly hesitant and slow off-the-line.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Clarify lang ako. The "<" used in my opinion is originally intended to mean the "greater than/less than" sign. But then nabaliktad yata ang nasa utak ko dun sa tinype ko. So let's regard the "<" in my opinion as arrow nalang. Comes of not doing good in math class before. Oh well...

I rated the Fiesta the least comfortable partly also because I figured the interior space (lesser space, less comfortable) into my analogy as well. The Fiesta's dominance in the performance department is generally accepted naman. Fuel consumption naman, I placed Elantra first because the 6 speed A/T has H-Matic so you can make it shift at lower shift points, which is something that can't be done in the Fiesta.

I would go with an Altis over the Fiesta anytime. I'm not so used to the current Elantra...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Since it's going to be your first car, go for Altis since it has been time-tested. But if you want to gamble, go for Elantra. Try to visit Elantra thread too and see for yourself.
    Last edited by first_light; October 6th, 2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: corrected a typo-error

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Btw, your categories are relative to the user of the car.

Altis 1.6V vs Ford Fiesta 1.6 vs Elantra 1.6 GLS