New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    As per GH, the power is there but it's a bit lacking. Maybe we're just expecting too much from a CRDi we tend to forget that it's only a 1.6L -- meaning, you push it hard... but that spice of enjoyment ends quick because it can't continue any further. It has a certain point where the fun ends and it returns to a normal car. I'm not sure if GH tested the 6MT or the AT, but then, either of the two wouldn't be a huge disappointment when it comes to power if you just know where to set your boundaries and expectations. You'd be disappointed if you were expecting too much, say compare it with a Focus. No, it's not that fun... but for a 1.6L, I think it's good enough.

Looks wise, I still prefer the EX.

The Accent CRDI I tested was an "Automatic".

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if it were me, i'd get the lancer. it looks good and has more passenger space, if my knees and neck are to be the judge..
    i am also biased in favor of japanese automotive technology, bar none.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    lumabas na ba yan accent crdi di pa ata? kung lalabas man yan anung month nextyear? at price tag?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Performance-wise, which is better?

Naka evo-look EX ka naman, kaso baka iiwan ka lang ng "lowly" Accent, parang nakakahiya dba? Hehe.

On the other side of the argument, it's not all about speed. It's about how your car makes you feel every time you're in it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    On topic pa naman si bro dexdrex since new Accent diesel hatch ang pinag-uusapan dito. I've seen and ridden in many Accent cabs. You will immediately know if the car is well maintained or not. There are Accent cabs that, despite being 2009 and above (as reflected in the registration number and presence of blue optitron gauges) that sound VERY unhealthy indeed, belch black smoke, and the body looks very battered. But then there are older Accent cabs (with traditional green gauges and tape deck radio) that run very, very smoothly still. Even their headlights are still clear!

Hindi naman porke't taxi ay pangit na ang image niya. Yung Altis hanggang ngayon ay may mga ginagawang taxi parin, pero hindi naman mababa ang tingin ng tao diyan diba? And then it is also a guarantee that this car is proven to be reliable, fuel efficient, has a big supply of spare parts and with almost all mechanics familiar with it. In other countries there are Cefiro, Teana and Accord cabs (yung bago pa ah!), Merc and BMW cabs... And then yung mga tunay na cheap na China cars... Do you see them as cabs?
    he was reffering to the old accent diesel, the new incoming accent diesel has a different engine according to hyundai, nasaktan siguro siya kasi he owns a 2009 diesel accent which im not reffering na mausok since yung mauusok is yung NEW ACCENT GAS FED na ginawang taxi after the firmware upgrade mas naging UNeconomical and mausok(supposed to be a new auto lalo na kung gas eh di dapat mausok)- now my point is if the new gas fed accent has so much problems it is more probable that the diesel version might also have tonne of problem hence go for the lancer ex 2.0 or 1.6 or go gta- what your buying here is piece of mind aba nasa pilipinas tayo THE NEXT BIG INVESTMENT AFTER YOUR HOUSE WOULD BE YOUR CAR(in terms of money that is) however pag bahya binili mo nagaapreciate value niya ang kotse hindi kaya dapat may peace of mind ka na wala masyadong problemang maidudulot ang sasakyan bibilihin mo. better yet compare the all new accent thread to the lancer ex thread and see for yourself who is a more happier owner. AGAIN IM TALKING ABOUT THE ALL NEW ACCENT NEVER THE OLD

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    IMO, mas ok i-compare yung lumang accent 1.5 CRDI at etong 1.6CRDI.

AFAIK, ang reklamo talaga sa lumang accent ay yung itsura nya, hindi kagandahan. But the engine, puro praises ang nababasa ko.
    So with the new 1.6 CRDI hatchback, you get a better-looking car, and also a better and more(?) reliable engine. Pagdating kasi sa diesel engine, mukhang mas advanced ang Hyundai. This year lang lumabas yung VGT ng Mitsu at Toyota, samantalang yung accent, getz, carens, starex, matagal nang naka VGT.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Ewan ko lang ha, pero wala pa naman akong nakikitang mga privately-owned Gen 1 Accent na mausok. And it's the same model that's being used as taxi units.

Ano naman kasi ang aasahan mo sa karamihan ng taxi drivers (and operators) when it comes to maintenance? Taxi drivers especially are the first ones who will actually tamper with their units just to increase profitability.

Asking the private Accent owners instead makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    true, but in the accent thread same lang din mga reklamo nila.

anyways how come the vios which has been the favorite car to be used as taxi for how many years ay hindi mauusok(but the hood is always partially opened kasi 24/7 takbo nila and takot mga drivers magover heat) while suddenly itong accent mauusok...and mag two two years pa lang sila sa market?

a car being used as a taxi, one must be reliable all the time... dito lang naman sa pilipinas ginawa yang idea na yan na cheap pag ginawang taxi.

Sir Bogeyman was referring to the Gen 1 Accent (Diesel).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Accent diesel hatchback or 1.6 Lancer EX.

All things being equal, it will just boil down to magkano ang litro ng diesel VS. litro ng gasolina.

Quote Originally Posted by b0y37
    Sir Bogeyman was referring to the Gen 1 Accent (Diesel).
    It was in response to lowslowbenz's post, because he was asking if the current Accent diesel hatchback shares the same engine with the Gen 1 Accent used as taxi units, kasi supposedly mausok itong mga diesel Accent cabs.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 15th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Accent diesel hatchback or 1.6 Lancer EX.

All things being equal, it will just boil down to magkano ang litro ng diesel VS. litro ng gasolina.
    Although in the long run, diesels have a tendency to cost more to maintain dba? Turbo failure, injector problems..
    So, parang bawi-bawi rin, kahit mas mura ang diesel..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Performance-wise, which is better?

Naka evo-look EX ka naman, kaso baka iiwan ka lang ng "lowly" Accent, parang nakakahiya dba? Hehe.

On the other side of the argument, it's not all about speed. It's about how your car makes you feel every time you're in it.

The performance feel (no numbers) of the 2013 Hyundai Accent CRDi HB from my test drive was so-so. The car itself handles okay as with it's gas fed sedan version already on the streets. I am just disappointed in the power delivery from the CRDi engine where the power quickly drops off after an initial "healthy" feel of power. I can see the engine might be tuned for better fuel economy by keeping it's power in the low pm range but trying spirited driving can become an exercise in frustration.

The Lancer EX 1.6 and 2.0 engines provide a good dose of smooth acceleration from above 2000rpms all the way to the redline. As a driver, I prefer a more linear power delivery and the Lancer's MIVEC engines are superb. Effortless driving when you are in the city and rewarding to those who have pushed it near it's limits. A practical car for the family yet has that fighter plane look for those who like a bit of excitement in their daily commutes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Accent diesel hatchback  1.6 or lancer ex 1.6