New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Pinasakit nito ulo ko. I was decided on getting a lancer ex coming from a civic fd. Then i saw the new accent. Di ko na talaga alam. Ganda ng itsura and most probably mas fuel efficient. Help me decide. Kung lancer kukunin ko papalagyan ko ng body kits para mukhang evo hehe. Concern ko is durability, maintenance, price, resale value (will sell after 5 years), FC, cost of spare parts. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Pinasakit nito ulo ko. I was decided on getting a lancer ex coming from a civic fd. Then i saw the new accent. Di ko na talaga alam. Ganda ng itsura and most probably mas fuel efficient. Help me decide. Kung lancer kukunin ko papalagyan ko ng body kits para mukhang evo hehe. Concern ko is durability, maintenance, price, resale value (will sell after 5 years), FC, cost of spare parts. Thanks in advance!
    Not sure kung available na talaga ang Accent CRDi. Pero kung meron na, ito na kunin mo. Ibang iba talaga ang power and fuel efficiency as compared to traditional gas engines. Not to mention lamang siya in both horsepower and torque. Maintenance cost should be bearable if the cabbies bear it. If the old Accent CRDi is any indication, resale value should be pretty solid as well.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Sana hindi to gawing taxi. Yun yung pinakapet peeve ko sa kotse eh. Looks wise whats your pick sir? Sana rin hindi pumalo ng 900k+ to. Di na kaya ng budget. And there are a lot of better options pagdating ng 900k. Gusto ko sana yung new focus. Kaso out of budget. 100k diff sa lancer.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    di naman uso sa atin ang taxi na hatchback kung yun ang inaalala mo. kung ako sa yo yung accent hatch na lang, antay nga lang mukhang wala pa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Sana hindi to gawing taxi. Yun yung pinakapet peeve ko sa kotse eh. Looks wise whats your pick sir? Sana rin hindi pumalo ng 900k+ to. Di na kaya ng budget. And there are a lot of better options pagdating ng 900k. Gusto ko sana yung new focus. Kaso out of budget. 100k diff sa lancer.
    Hindi yan, just as Sir BratPAQ said, hindi uso ang taxi na hatch. Importante ang trunk sa taxi, at napakaliit ng cargo area ng mga subcompact hatch. Kunin mo yung may 6 speed manual tranny, siguro naman hindi yan aabot ng 900k. Mas matipid at mas masarap pa gamitin sa matic.

Looks wise naman... I have to admit mas gusto ko ang itsura ng Lancer EX. Mas macho. Mas panlalaki. Pero hindi naman pangit ang Accent hatch, and its what's inside that counts.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    just hope na walang problem ito unlike the gas counterpart!

lancer ex 1.6 if you want a good fuel mileage, but still no comparison to current diesel tech in terms of mileage.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    As per GH, the power is there but it's a bit lacking. Maybe we're just expecting too much from a CRDi we tend to forget that it's only a 1.6L -- meaning, you push it hard... but that spice of enjoyment ends quick because it can't continue any further. It has a certain point where the fun ends and it returns to a normal car. I'm not sure if GH tested the 6MT or the AT, but then, either of the two wouldn't be a huge disappointment when it comes to power if you just know where to set your boundaries and expectations. You'd be disappointed if you were expecting too much, say compare it with a Focus. No, it's not that fun... but for a 1.6L, I think it's good enough.

Looks wise, I still prefer the EX.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is the engine of the Accent being discussed in here, the same as the ones inside those taxi's plying the streets? If yes, I would advise the TS to ask those Accent drivers on the pro's and cons of that engine.

I'm seeing a lot of smoky Accent taxis of late. No, am not joking, its just a waste of time.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    to add why by an accent when you can have and afford more reliable lancer ex. just my opinion

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You'd be disappointed if you were expecting too much, say compare it with a Focus.
    Unfair nga naman yung comparison; at least the Accent diesel hatchback has already set foot here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Accent diesel hatchback  1.6 or lancer ex 1.6