New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    -Audi A3
    -BMW 4 series
    -Mazda 3

Whom are you rooting for to snatch the crown this year?

Who do you think deserves the title?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    -Audi A3
    -BMW 4 series
    -Mazda 3

Whom are you rooting for to snatch the crown this year?

Who do you think deserves the title?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    For me, meron bang sobrang ground breaking sa A3 and 4-Series? I don't think so... kaya... Mazda 3 na! Hehe... Mazda fanboi

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    For me, meron bang sobrang ground breaking sa A3 and 4-Series? I don't think so... kaya... Mazda 3 na! Hehe... Mazda fanboi
    Correct! Mazda fanboy too. hehe

Besides, the Mazda is about as good for fraction of the price. Mazda FTW yan!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mz3 siyempre.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    World Car of the Year is very euro-centric. And they love Volkswagens. Given their scoring history and the crciteria they score on, I doubt the A3 will lose.

I think the Mazda3 should win, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ah, but there's a precedent! The Mazda 2 won back in 2008 :D

But seriously, Mazda has really been on a roll lately, with the Mazda 6 and CX-5 as finalists last year, and now the Mazda 3 in the top 3 for both WCOTY and World Car Design of the Year.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    World Car of the Year is very euro-centric. And they love Volkswagens. Given their scoring history and the crciteria they score on, I doubt the A3 will lose.

I think the Mazda3 should win, though.
    I just hope VW doesn't have much funds to buy this years awards. Last year I seriously thought the CX5 or the BRZ/86 could snatch it. Until I saw the Golf won.

Luto!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I just hope VW doesn't have much funds to buy this years awards. Last year I seriously thought the CX5 or the BRZ/86 could snatch it. Until I saw the Golf won.

Luto!!
    Actually, the new Golf platform is an amazing feat of integration and weight savings. While the 6 lost some weight, it didn't lose much, and the CX-5 lost weight by physically downsizing (though it's more spacious). I was hoping that SkyActiv would give them an ace in the hole, but apparently, the judges wanted a more rounded package. The new Golf is supposed to be quite good.

-

The 86... wasn't going to win. In a contest that focuses so much on engineering, the GT86's very conventional layout and construction left much to be desired. The packaging problems entailed by the boxer engine meant McPhersons only, up front, a compromised steering rack and a bay too tight for turbocharging. Also, the 200 hp boxer is not all that impressive. Not when put up against the turbocharged 1.6s in hot hatches nowadays, or even the SkyActiv 2.5, which has less hp but much more useable torque.

Very fun car, but not a technically superior one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    To add to this, what's even more impressive is that Mazda has come up with a very strong product line-up based on the Skyactiv Philosophy given that it's a very small company compared to the giant that is VAG.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I've been waiting for the announcement since early this morning. Excited and hoping not to be disappointed. Mazda fans, help me pray ahahaha! ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast