New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Im confused between the three. I don't know if we could trust Toyota's all new CVT. Is it reliable ba? Someone from this forum said that belt type daw ung CVT ng Toyota Corolla Altis and he does not trust this type of CVT. This is the reason why I am considering the 1.6G M/T. Pero I do not know kung smooth ba ung shifter ng M/T na Altis and kung reliable ba ito or mas reliable ba as compared to the CVT. I hope someone who owns a M/T altis could add his/her inputs regarding this.

Another issue that I would like to point out is the comparison of the fuel efficiency between the two displacements. Some say that the 1.6 is more fuel efficient but some would say otherwise saying that the 1.6 displacement is underpowered and it is better to get the 2.0 displacement since it either has the same fuel consumption as the 1.6 or even slighly better. The thing is that the car would be used mostly in city driving (30-60km/hr with an average of 40km/hr most of the time). 70-90% of the time there would only be one occupant which is the driver.

Ang laki ng price difference ng 1.6G M/T which is 880k as compared to 1.2M for the 2.0V. Is the 320k difference worth it? The black interior of the 2.0V is a plus since the beige interior of the 1.6 is not preferred although it is not a very big issue.

No problem in driving the M/T as long as the shifter is good and smooth.

What are your opinions regarding this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've driven the 1.6 CVT and I got 9 km/L in moderate to heavy traffic. It doesn't feel underpowered at all, with lots of low-end torque that you will appreciate since you drive at low speeds. The 1.6 MT will probably feel even peppier. I haven't driven the MT but I've ridden in one and even as a passenger the shifts were very smooth and easy, better than, say, a 1.3 MT Vios.

Surely, the 2.0 is less efficient, even by just a little, especially given your driving conditions. Also, even if you assume equal consumption, you still have a sticker price difference of 300k so definitely you will be spending less overall on the 1.6G.

Only get the 1.6V if you fancy the push-start, bluetooth, and rain-sensing wipers that the G doesn't have.

If you're looking at the 2.0V, why not get a Mazda 3 2.0R instead. For the same price you get a faster car that's more fun to drive, looks better, fancier toys, and 3 years free maintenance.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App