New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hey guys need a little help with choosing between the 2014 Everest 4X2 A/T and 2014 Ranger XLT 4x2 A/T.

The ranger has a modern 2.2 crdi engine, 6speed a/t, better driver and passenger seats and a much more attractive modern interior design as well as macho exterior.

But I'm worried about the ride comfort of the suspension and rear seat comfort. Ive never been in a pick up ever.

The everest has the old-school 2.5 diesel engine w/ vgt, 5speed a/t and is cheaper than its similarly spec'd rivals gls-v montero and G fortuner after discount is tempting.

But steering its some sort of old ass mechanism (not rack and pinion), ugly-ass interior design and again, ugly-ass interior is kind off a turn off.

So which do you think is the better car?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    my advice here is try to test-drive the ranger. I havent been inside or driven a Ranger so I cant say anything about its suspension or riding comfort.

as you also said, the current everest has a old-school diesel engine since it is already due for a new model release (2015 model). It is basically a Gen 2 Everest (first released at 2007) then I don't know how many times it got refreshed. Our family has a Gen 1 Everest and the suspension while good for heavier loads, is a bumpy when driven alone. Afaik, it is the same for gen 2 and onward Everest since it is still based on a pick-up truck platform.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For what purpose?

If it's gonna be a family car, get the Everest (or better yet, Montero/Fortuner).

That said, the Ranger drives much better than the Everest. Ride quality is also better, but still not comfy. The Everest on the other hand is more spacious, though the floor is higher. Also, the Ranger's bed isn't a great trunk cuz even if you have a roller lid, water seeps in if the rain is too strong.

And while it's more powerful, the 2.2 of the Ranger has more lag than the 2.5, but you won't notice much since you plan on an AT.

In the end, it still boils down to the fact that an SUV is a better all-rounder than a pick-up.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Everest is so old. Consider other options. If a bumpy ride is an issue you can always add dead weight on the pickup bed to soften the ride.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you need a pick up? If the reason you are thinking of getting a pickup is for that once in a blue moon occasion that you need a pick up bed then you are better off RENTING a truck and getting a more comfortable ride for your daily drive.

I suppose you want a diesel 5-seater so i would suggest the fortuner, montero (the vgt variant) and sorento. These 3 are all priced within the same range as the ranger and everest. Forget the santa fe, it is way too overpriced already.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    Hey guys need a little help with choosing between the 2014 Everest 4X2 A/T and 2014 Ranger XLT 4x2 A/T.

The ranger has a modern 2.2 crdi engine, 6speed a/t, better driver and passenger seats and a much more attractive modern interior design as well as macho exterior.

But I'm worried about the ride comfort of the suspension and rear seat comfort. Ive never been in a pick up ever.

The everest has the old-school 2.5 diesel engine w/ vgt, 5speed a/t and is cheaper than its similarly spec'd rivals gls-v montero and G fortuner after discount is tempting.

But steering its some sort of old ass mechanism (not rack and pinion), ugly-ass interior design and again, ugly-ass interior is kind off a turn off.

So which do you think is the better car?

sayo na naggaling na UGLY sya so why even bother contemplating.... It is Ranger, you should buy then. Very useful ang pick up sa maraming bagay.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ranger for me is fun to drive, but not as comfortable as SUV's with regards to ride . I love it but my kids don't. Matagtag daw lalo na sa back passenger pag wala load ang cargo bed. If you buy a Ranger make sure tanggap mo na matagtag sya ng konti sa SUV's. But you can load a lot of things, very useful. But for plain family use, I think SUV is more useful, at least 7 seater. But if you really like the Ranger go for it. I love it. When I go out with all my kids, we just use our old Starex van.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Ugly pala eh. Matutuwa kaba sakyan yan kung ugly sa paningin mo? :rofl01:

If you're only after it for the discount, I feel you since discounts are hard to resist. But I believe looks can grow on you. My only gripe with the everest is that its ride is really bumpy. Exterior looks are cool with me since I like boxy designs.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Or better yet, wait for a few months till the new Everest is introduced locally.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Introduced pa lang. Yung waiting time for owning one iba pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2014 Ford Everest vs 2014 Ford Ranger