Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    New Nissan X Trail is now officially out. Let's compare it with Mazda CX5

X trail 4x2 at 1.375M
    X trail 4x4 at 1.550M

Mazda CX5 4x2 at 1.495M
    Mazda CX5 4x4 at 1.685M

I think Mazda CX5 4x4 has a lot more features than X trail. Sunroof, lane departure warning, high beam control, leather seat, bose speaker, Istop, etc. surely the more expensive CX5 is justifiable.
    but new X Trail is very promising. I like the interior of X trail. more premium look with touch of carbon fiber and piano black accents. Instrumental panel is so nice! Plus factor also is the 3rd row seat. Though it wasn’t meant to be for a full 7 seater.

If you were to choose between the two, which one will you buy and why?

Appreciate your thoughts.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd go with the cx5, mazda's skyactiv is top notch and a game changer. also their free maintenance is a huge plus.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I guess cx5 or forester for enthusiast drivers out there. Sabi sa mga nabasa ko mas boring idrive ang xtrail pero mas comfortable as a passenger. Pag may driver, or di naman enthusiast, xtrail tingin ko mas ok. Forget about crv and rav 4.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Big factor ang 3rd row seat. For emergency. Kahit mahirap ipagkasya ang sarili, atleast meron. Haha

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i'd go with the cx5, mazda's skyactiv is top notch and a game changer. also their free maintenance is a huge plus.
    +1. Skyactive + Yojin3 wins it. Also I personally don't like the exterior of the new xtrail. Panalo lang sa xtrail yung birds eye view with its integrated 4 cameras.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Big factor ang 3rd row seat. For emergency. Kahit mahirap ipagkasya ang sarili, atleast meron. Haha
    There's a difference between mahirap magkasya and hindi kasya. I'm not overweight but I really couldn't fit in the 3rd row. Not unless I pushed the second row all the way forward, which leaves the 2nd row passengers also extremely cramped. So out of your 7 passengers, only 2 have decent seating while the rest are in agony. Even for a 30 minute trip it's bad - worse than an FX ride.

Worst 3rd row I've ridden. Worse than the 2nd gen CR-V. Worse than the upcoming Outlander.

But as a 5-seater, the X-Trail is pretty promising. Though I'd still get the RAV4, CX-5, and Forester before this. The competition is just really good.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Back in 2013, my wife test-drove the 2013 Nissan Rogue, 2014 Nissan Rogue, and the 2.0 Mazda CX-5 (plus a number of other 4-banger CUVs). I told her to pick the CX-5 because it should have the sportier drive. While test-driving the CX-5 she kept asking what the sporty part was. We were doing 30-45 mph around town and she can't tell what sporty is. But, what knocked off the CX-5 was it seeming more cramped in the second row than either Rogue.

Between the older and newer Rogue, my wife liked the 2013 Rogue better because she felt it more peppy than the 2014 one. Plus, she got most of the (top end) SL trim minus 18" alloys and 360-degree camera. She settled for the 17" alloys and rear camera.

My wife got a great deal on her 2013 Rogue (after a lot of haggling). There's ridiculously many of the classic Rogues in NY, people have started calling it generic.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 23rd, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There's a difference between mahirap magkasya and hindi kasya. I'm not overweight but I really couldn't fit in the 3rd row. Not unless I pushed the second row all the way forward, which leaves the 2nd row passengers also extremely cramped. So out of your 7 passengers, only 2 have decent seating while the rest are in agony. Even for a 30 minute trip it's bad - worse than an FX ride.

Worst 3rd row I've ridden. Worse than the 2nd gen CR-V. Worse than the upcoming Outlander.

But as a 5-seater, the X-Trail is pretty promising. Though I'd still get the RAV4, CX-5, and Forester before this. The competition is just really good.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    The third row may be best left for the kids to sit in. at least this way you'll get to fit 5 adults and 2 or 3 kids

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yes big factor ang SkyActiv & istop tech but based on actual fuel consumption, it runs 7 to 8km/L city drive. it seems not far in terms of fuel economy from competetive 1.5L cars.
    Being a 7 seater, though its not as roomy as we thought, but at least Xtrail gave a little bit more space on the 3rd row.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nissan PH would have made great leaps if they introduced the new Xtrail with a diesel engine. Since they opted for a petrol engine, they are facing tough competition. It may have a 3rd row seat, mainly for use for children as even normal-sized adults are having a hard time fitting in bigger vehicles like the Santa Fe, Sorento, Montero Sport, Fortuner, etc. I guess the Forester 2.0L is still the best buy among the CUV's as it is already AWD with a decent powerplant for around 1.4M.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast