New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Just to add, here is my review of the 2.8 Trailblazer LTZ last night:

Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the JVC HU equipped Montero Sport and Gen. 1 Fortuner. But the 2012 models of the competitors each offer a DVD/GPS HU, and their SQ is better than the SQ of the stock HU of the Trailblazer.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- There's also a seatbelt warning buzzer if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Steering is lighter than the steering of the Montero Sport.

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.

So the Trailblazer wins in almost all of the aspects except for the SQ of its stock HU, NVH levels (compared to the 3.0 Fortuner V) and the headlamp light output. I'll be reviewing the Santa Fe of Pitstop and Hancars next week.
    Hmmm.. were you part of the trailblazer comparison video on youtube? :tvcomedy:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Numbah's just reporting his personal observations when he test drove the vehicle. Since it's really new, we don't have a lot of dealers offering test drives at the moment which is why rare ang mga reviews nito locally.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by S-U-V View Post
    Hmmm.. were you part of the trailblazer comparison video on youtube? :tvcomedy:
    No. I did my review based on my personal observation. At may pinanggagalingan ako dahil current Montero Sport owner ako na madalas kong ginagamit since we bought it. Di mo ba nakita avatar ko?
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Numbah's just reporting his personal observations when he test drove the vehicle. Since it's really new, we don't have a lot of dealers offering test drives at the moment which is why rare ang mga reviews nito locally.
    Tama ka albert_b.

Hmm, seems like marami pa ring hindi bilib sa Chevy for manufacturing a good SUV. Ask James Deakin what is his thoughts sa Trailblazer, and he might answer you with the same thing as what I had posted. He had the vehicle for a longer time than I.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    No. I did my review based on my personal observation. At may pinanggagalingan ako dahil current Montero Sport owner ako na madalas kong ginagamit since we bought it. Di mo ba nakita avatar ko?

Tama ka albert_b.

Hmm, seems like marami pa ring hindi bilib sa Chevy for manufacturing a good SUV. Ask James Deakin what is his thoughts sa Trailblazer, and he might answer you with the same thing as what I had posted. He had the vehicle for a longer time than I.
    yeah, some people here are not believing you. Pero ibahin mo ako, I now trust your judgment kse talagang kitang-Kita dito enthusiasm mo - that alone is enough to convince me that you're not biased but only hyper Lang but still I am starting to nbelieve that this trailblazer might be a good car

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Siyempre bias ako sa SF.

Pero at the end of the day. Ang makakadecide nyan yung bibili. MS, SF or Trailblazers are all good cars. Check mo kung saan ka comfortable, kasi ako mas sanay na ako sa hyundai in terms of network and maintenance. Sa mitsu at chevy wala. Ayoko din ang truck based because of the ride. Mas prefer ko din ang FWD (ayoko ko mag start ng Fwd vs rwd), personal preference ko lang. Not much use with 4x4 system.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I was in the same Dilemma years ago... I was Choosing between the then very popular Fortuner, Alterra, CRV and Santa Fe.... I was leaning more on the Fortuner, but after my test drive, I was turned off.. Alterra was too primitive for me, Had made a 20K reservation for the new(then) CRV, but fortunately a friend got his ahead of me and was complaining of gas guzzling..... I Made some inquiries re the Santa fe initially but salesman was not knowledgeable about the product and price was unbelievably high for a "korean"..... Made my own research, It is a Global model passing strict international testing(5 stars on safety both US and Europe.... Then by serendipity I was able to test drive one at Hyundai Manila bay.... Took The SF home after a week, still not sure if I made the right decision.... It is now 5 years and 160K km later and Im glad I was one of the first few owners of the Santa Fe here...... A bit of advise, Test drive all your choices, libre naman yon... The Best Car is the one that fits your need.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I was also in that similar dilemma pero nung 2008 pa... haay kelan kaya ako ulit magkaka ganong dilemma matagal pa ko mag uupgrade ng suv sa ngayon yung bike(mtb) muna hehehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    I was also in that similar dilemma pero nung 2008 pa... haay kelan kaya ako ulit magkaka ganong dilemma matagal pa ko mag uupgrade ng suv sa ngayon yung bike(mtb) muna hehehe
    Yan ang tinatawag na happy problem p're :-)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Anyone na nakapag-test drive na ng Trailblazer? What's your objective feedback? Especially yung naka-test-drive na ng TBZ at SF2013.

I went to Chevy Alabang, they have a Blue TBZ 4x4, wala pang owner and they offered it to me. Kaya lang, not the color I want. Also, wala na yung test drive unit na TBZ manual. May kumuha na.

As per Chevy GH and Chevy QA, more units coming by Tuesday. Then 3rd week November onwards, expected na raw mag-normalize yung supply.

I think hintayin ko na lang magdatingan yung normal supply, kasi right now, medyo opportunistic yung mga dealers (most if not all). They ignore cash buyers and even bank POs, in deference to in-house financing. In-house financing when I inquired, 30% in 36 months, BDO I was given quote of 15% for 36 months, and BPI is around 18% for 36 months pero free insurance for first year. Pero don't be discouraged if your own quoted rates are slightly higher, kasi I get special rates because of some investments sa bank nila. Hope this helps those who are exploring these options.

Kung may sales agents dito, kindly let me know pag may stocks na kayo ng 4x4 TBZ (color dark grey or black or white) and willing to entertain trade-in (Montero Dec-09) + cash. Just PM me.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Based on:

1. Looks and ride comfort: its Santa Fe over Trailblazer.
    2. Specs on paper: toss up between Santa Fe and Trailblazer.
    3. Space : Trailblazer over the Santa Fe.
    4. Durability: Monty here

Over-all : my personal choice would be the Trailblazer based on need (cause i need a liveable 3rd row seats and the 4x4 option)

But you should follow what your heart will tell you after you test drive the Santa Fe and the Trailblazer Sir. I'll bet at the end of the day, you'll be driving a Santa Fe..

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast