New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    santa fe- better than chinese made car waste of money, ang panghatak lang ng santa fe is all the freaking options like a mini ref and back massager that you will not really need!

tbz- another korea made car. chevy-daewoo collaboration (ngayon ko lang narininig na thailand daw may gawa pero alam ko sa korea ito i might be wrong though) -kung may pera ka, go buy this and waste your money, in the sense of parts and after sales and support on the chevy dealership regardless sino pa may ari niyan bagong franchise ay walang kwenta from day one(remeber tha optra)- but for me this is just a waste of money, mga excited lang bumibili nito

montero/fort- value for money in the sense nagkalat ang parts yung lang and no nonsense lang naman talga itong mga ito. let the freaking engine speaks for itself or stall incase of fort hahahahaha.- both the engines are tried and tested- ewan lang sa d4d pero di naman naglko engine ng cbu na hiace

if your not rich and wasteful, this is the thing you need to check:
    1 reliability- in the sense your not gambling sa mga lemons and early hiccups (new engine nga sablay naman, damn rmember the early troopers and now hyundai(hongdai) accent)
    2 support - support in spare parts(cheap easy to get na hindi ka sakal ng casa sa neck) or availability of it and trained mechanics regarding the vehicle
    3 value for money - it's enough that your comfortable with it never mind the stupid add on(the fort was never a comfy ride- first gen fort)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I smell fanboys.......

Chief d-mac, ang alam ko Isuzu Crosswind ang may back massager diba?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I smell fanboys.......

didnt know that isuzu crosswind has a back massager

never own any present gen isuzu car(old tropper yes)
    all my opinion was based on a freakishly month long test drive and trying to choose an suv
    eto final list - subaru xv(same price range of the fort and monter and tbz) and ford explorer... both gas guzzler!!!! both serve me well- tropper is lamost ten year old and the prado is turning 7

PROBLEM IS AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS BUT I NEED A SOMEWHAT LUXURY CAR FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES SO I CAN DRIVE INVESTORS AROUND SOME OF OUR SITE... NAGHIHINGALO NA KASI SI PRADO(TOYOTA COULD NOT EVEN FIX IT AND EVEN ASK ME FOR A MANUAL... EWAN KUNG ASAN NA YUN) AND TROOPER(TAKBO NG TAKBO PAPUNTANG BANAWE PARA SA SPARE PARTS DIESEL PLUS TOOL GATE(PhP119 ONE WAY X 2 ) JUST TO BUY A PART WHICH COST PhP350)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I smell fanboys.......

Aywan ko chief, no pansin na sa amin si pareng Crosswind hehe

chief, behave! :naughty2:
    Ahihi ahoho ayayay!

LAVET LUFET!

Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I have driven the fort, owned a montero, test driven the trailblazer... recently bought the gen 3 santa fe. Why, because I think it is the best. Some are talking about build quality of the interior... among the cars mentioned, the SF3 has the best interior in terms of build quality and looks for me. Engine is also very good and responsive. Only drawback? It is more expensive and parts availability is nowhere near toyota or mitsu. But you will only need parts when the vehicle is out of warranty, in 5 years time, i think parts would be available.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    didnt know that isuzu crosswind has a back massager

never own any present gen isuzu car(old tropper yes)
    all my opinion was based on a freakishly month long test drive and trying to choose an suv
    eto final list - subaru xv(same price range of the fort and monter and tbz) and ford explorer... both gas guzzler!!!! both serve me well- tropper is lamost ten year old and the prado is turning 7

PROBLEM IS AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS BUT I NEED A SOMEWHAT LUXURY CAR FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES SO I CAN DRIVE INVESTORS AROUND SOME OF OUR SITE... NAGHIHINGALO NA KASI SI PRADO(TOYOTA COULD NOT EVEN FIX IT AND EVEN ASK ME FOR A MANUAL... EWAN KUNG ASAN NA YUN) AND TROOPER(TAKBO NG TAKBO PAPUNTANG BANAWE PARA SA SPARE PARTS DIESEL PLUS TOOL GATE(PhP119 ONE WAY X 2 ) JUST TO BUY A PART WHICH COST PhP350)
    Galit?

Kailangan naka-all caps isang paragraph?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Galit?

Oo nga sir eh, ang layo din ng final list, subaru xv vs ford explorer, hmm.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    My personal tip to the threadstarter... The value of these forums is to give you the pros and cons of your vehicle options. But once you decide, I suggest that before buying, test drive the vehicle first. Better if you test drive all the options. Once you have driven it, you will have a better idea on what we are talking about. Mind you, not all dealerships allow test driving...but findings ways to drive is one of the joys of vehicle-shopping. Personally, I dont buy cars that I havent driven or felt yet. I liken it to buying shoes, even if the shoe looks good but the feel on your feet is terrible, you will not be happy. HTH

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    My personal tip to the threadstarter.... The value of these forums is to give you the pros and cons of your vehicle options. But once you decide, I suggest that before buying, test drive the vehicle first. Better if you test drive all the options. Once you have driven it, you will have a better idea on what we are talking about. Mind you, not all dealerships allow test driving...but findings ways to drive is one of the joys of vehicle-shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Personally, I dont buy cars that I havent driven or felt yet. I liken it to buying shoes, even if the shoe looks good but the feel on your feet is terrible, you will not be happy. HTH
    To the thread-starter, after 19 pages, FINALLY YOU HAVE GOT THE BEST and downright true-to-the-bone ADVICE from Bjreyesmd

Remember also chief thread-starter that a LOT OF TIMES, paper specs are GO-GETHERS for a lot of buyers out there and such claims specifically on the engine power can only do so much.... Like chief Bjreyesmd, the SEAT-OF-PANTS FEEL is way too different and it should be your main basis in choosing your ride....

Better test drive them all, and if the dealers allow you to do so hehe, just like what these Thais conducted in 2012, when they took 3 SUVs to an offroad tests (too simple for my taste, but that's just me though ;)).... Find out which ones have better off-road capabilities aside from usual city-driving, good of-the-bottom or good low-end power (low rpm power) , and see which one is screaming through the revs but couldn't easily pass through obstacles hehe

2012 Toyota Fortuner vs Chevrolet Trailblazer vs Mitsubishi Pajerosport (Monterosport in Philippines)

Cheers at Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon mga idols!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Galit?

Siraulo.