New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Bias na bias yung video, nilagyan ata lockers yung TB saka alam ko montero naka LSD.

Take note Im not a montero owner pero talaga nilaglag ang monty dyan

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *EQAddict, been reading your posts at the Trailblazer and Santa Fe threads. So which of two are you planning to buy soon?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just to add, here is my review of the 2.8 Trailblazer LTZ last night:

Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the JVC HU equipped Montero Sport and Gen. 1 Fortuner. But the 2012 models of the competitors each offer a DVD/GPS HU, and their SQ is better than the SQ of the stock HU of the Trailblazer.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- There's also a seatbelt warning buzzer if you're not wearing a seatbelt.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Steering is lighter than the steering of the Montero Sport.

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.

So the Trailblazer wins in almost all of the aspects except for the SQ of its stock HU, NVH levels (compared to the 3.0 Fortuner V) and the headlamp light output. I'll be reviewing the Santa Fe of Pitstop and Hancars next week.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow great review...very unbiased

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yep.. Kita palang sa ride and handling.. Hindi ko lang alam sa engine.. Kasi yung 2nd GEN sf ko yung pre-FL pa..

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Try to compare the 2011 Santa Fe GLS CRDi 2WD A/T and the 2013 Santa Fe GLS CRDi 2WD A/T. Spec-by-spec, lamang yun bago. Kaya mahal.
    - - - Updated - - -

*numbah5... how about the engine of the SANTA Fe VS Trailblazer?

Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

Just came home from Chevrolet North EDSA's anniv. They let me test drive the White LTZ Trailblazer of TCCCI. Here are my thoughts (I'm comparing it to my Montero Sport):

- Ride is the best in its class, miles ahead from the ride of the Montero Sport and tens of miles ahead from the ride of the Fortuner, and my friend confirmed it because he sat on the 2nd row and during the final leg of the test drive, at the 3rd row. He already sat on the 2nd and 3rd row of my Montero Sport. In short the ride was comparable to the ride of our Gen. 2 Expedition.

- The 2.8L Duramax Diesel is also the most powerful in its class, not just on paper, but also in actual. You could feel some negative G-forces when you floor the accelerator pedal. But there is some turbo lag at speeds below 40 kph and when the RPM is around 1,000-1,400 RPM, but not as prominent as the turbo lag of the non VGT 2.5 DI-D of the Montero Sport and Strada. Definitely more powerful than my 3.2 Montero Sport GLS SE

- The stock HU only produces decent SQ, but you can barely hear the sounds when the volume is below 20. That's where those decent China brand DVD/GPS/TV HUs and the branded ones come into place. Also, it has 4 tweeters and 4 coaxial speakers. SQ is a bit better than that of the JVC HU equipped Montero Sport and Gen. 1 Fortuner. But the 2012 models of the competitors each offer a DVD/GPS HU, and their SQ is better than the SQ of the stock HU of the Trailblazer.

- When your phone is connected to the stock HU via Bluetooth, you cannot play your phone's music thru the stock HU. It's only for calling and answering calls. (The stock JVC HU of Montero Sport allows me to play music from my phone via Bluetooth)

- You can program the speed limit warning to any speed. I programmed the test drive unit's speed limit warning to 60 kph, and when I exceeded 60 kph, the Trailblazer emits a warning buzzer.

- Engine is not that noisy like what the Thai reviewers were saying. I'd say my Montero Sport's 3.2 engine is a lot noisier than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine. But the 3.0 engine of the Fortuner is a lot quieter than the Trailblazer's 2.8 engine.

- There is no wind noise that the Thai reviewers were also saying. I was speeding at 100 kph and I didn't hear any wind noise.

- Brakes is a bit stronger than the brakes of the Montero Sport with rear disc brakes

- Stock headlamp uses projector halogen bulbs, but the light output is comparable to the light output of the projector halogen bulbs of the Montero Sport and Gen. 1.5 Fortuner. (You need to install a plug and play HID to have a better illumination)

Route of the test drive is Chevy North EDSA- southbound u turn slot near Monumento- northbound u turn slot after LRT Roosevelt Station-Chevy North EDSA. Road surface is concrete with some potholes.

So the Trailblazer wins in almost all of the aspects except for the SQ of its stock HU, NVH levels (compared to the 3.0 Fortuner V) and the headlamp light output. I'll be reviewing the Santa Fe of Pitstop and Hancars next week.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Yep.. Kita palang sa ride and handling.. Hindi ko lang alam sa engine.. Kasi yung 2nd GEN sf ko yung pre-FL pa..

- - - Updated - - -

*numbah5... how about the engine of the SANTA Fe VS Trailblazer?
    I still have to test drive a Santa Fe first on a longer route before I'll make a review.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Wow great review...very unbiased
    Hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

I'm New to this Certain Topic and Reviews like this from Certified Owners Really Help me alot figure out what's the best Deal for our very first Ride. . I'm tasked to do the research and see which is the best deal for this huge investment that me and my family will take. SO keep reviews like this coming !! It's greatly appreciated.. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Aside from the review of our fellow tsikoters.. It's best that you see it in actual and try to get to feel the car.. Sa iyo yan at pera mo yan, dapat ikaw ang happy at hindi yung mga nag review.. Pwede kasi sa kanila ok, pero sa iyo hindi pwede..

Quote Originally Posted by AnOnymousNewbie View Post
    I'm New to this Certain Topic and Reviews like this from Certified Owners Really Help me alot figure out what's the best Deal for our very first Ride. . I'm tasked to do the research and see which is the best deal for this huge investment that me and my family will take. SO keep reviews like this coming !! It's greatly appreciated.. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Aside from the review of our fellow tsikoters.. It's best that you see it in actual and try to get to feel the car.. Sa iyo yan at pera mo yan, dapat ikaw ang happy at hindi yung mga nag review.. Pwede kasi sa kanila ok, pero sa iyo hindi pwede..

NOTED !! tama ka nga naman. . I'm on the process of elimination pa naman. So reviews pa ako naka base primarily. .. and Lots of good stuff here.. Nonetheless. . Thanks..

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast