New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    basta diesel you can't risk the 10Tkm PMS rule, this is purely marketing gimmick. The philippine traffic scheme is considered hazardous environment.

Sa manual kse Ng 2006 SF ko, there are 2 PMS schedules 10T and 5Tkm. The 10Tkm PMS is suggested for environments like siguro sa Europe where there are more highways and less bumper traffic. The 5Tkm is yun na nga for environments deemed hazardous (cant remember the exact manual term)

this is the very first diesel pickup truck of Asian chevy, and you're gonna take their word for it na 10Tkm durable yan trailblazer. If that we're a Kia soul or accent body diesel with a 10t km rule PMS, possible pa siguro coz less strained ang engine having a lighter body.

But this trailblazer is almost as big as the prado, tapos ganyan sila ka-confident kagad sa service sked.

Tsk tsk tsk. This is the securitization age folks wherein car dealers sell cars for secondary reasons, they make money on selling the Loans to investors. Yan kasi installment scheme Ng cars eh returns eh more than 20% per annum. It certainly beats the market, and fixed income security pa yan

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I don't follow the every 5k kms PMS ng Mitsubishi for the Strada and the Montero since last year. Talagang tuwing 10k kms lang ako pumupunta sa casa for PMS. And guess what? No problems whatsoever. Kung pwede sa Mitsubishi, pwede rin sa ibang brands mapa Hyundai or Chevrolet.

Oh BTW, same owner ang TCCCI at HARI. Ricardo Lee, the uncle of Elizabeth Lee. While they have the same owner, they have a different management team and operate independently of each other. Parang BMW at Kia. While they are both owned by Jose "Pepito" Alvarez, magkaiba sila ng management team. And they operated independently of each other din.
    Last edited by numbah5; October 14th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I heard thailand does every 20k PMS for their Trailblazer. I guess the 10k should be enough for hazardous Philippines

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    basta diesel you can't risk the 10Tkm PMS rule, this is purely marketing gimmick. The philippine traffic scheme is considered hazardous environment.

Sa manual kse Ng 2006 SF ko, there are 2 PMS schedules 10T and 5Tkm. The 10Tkm PMS is suggested for environments like siguro sa Europe where there are more highways and less bumper traffic. The 5Tkm is yun na nga for environments deemed hazardous (cant remember the exact manual term)
    The term they use is extreme driving conditions, heavy traffic, dusty environment, etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    By the way, saw this on youtube. Very interesting HARD CORE 4x4 test of the Trailblazer vs Montero GTV vs Fortuner V. This was a Hard core test. very interesting 10 minute viewing. Its in Thai but the video shows everything you need to see . Even close ups of the obstacle course / wading / etc / hills / etc.

The Trailblazer won by a mile. Magaling talaga pala ito! Pinakakulelat yung Montero GTV. Of course this was again purely for 4x4 hard core driving. Not for normal driving.

2012 Test drive Trailblazer - YouTube.m4v - YouTube

Interesting. Panoorin ko ito later.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    so what's the score na? I too am having a difficult time deciding between Santa Fe 4x2 (my first choice) vs the Trailblazer (its growing on me).

My criteria : Toys, space and Fun driving. I dont care much for the 4x4 capabilities as I will probably never ever use them. I dont drive thru floods either ( i just call in sick hehe). Fuel efficiency is another criteria.

This car will replace my CX9.
    Almost the same lang ang ride ng Trailblazer at Santa Fe because they both employ a rear independent five link suspension. The Santa Fe might be a bit more of the soft side because of its monocoque body, with the Trailblazer having a body-on-frame construction.

They both have the same safety features as well, but I think the Trailblazer has more to offer like Panic Brake Assist and Cornering Brake Control.

They also have the same audio features as well but the Trailblazer has 8 speakers while the 4x2 santa fe has 6 IIRC.

The Trailblazer has leather seats while the 4x2 Santa Fe has fabric seats.

Pagdating sa toys, I think only the Trailblazer has a programmable speed limit warning that emits a warning buzzer if you're going over the speed limit that you've set.

Engine wise, the Trailblazer has a torquier engine (470 Nm vs 436 Nm in the Santa Fe 4x2) but the Santa Fe has more power output (197 ps versus 180 ps in the Trailblazer).

And lastly, PMS. For the Santa Fe 4x2, you have to go back to the casa every 5k kms while for the Trailblazer you go back to the casa every 10k kms.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Napannod ko ang video na yan, langya laglag ang montero eh.
    Kung ako pipili between SF and TB, sa SF ako kaso ang pinaka malaking turn off sa kanila ay PMS pero sabi nga ni SG bakit ka susunod sa 5km or 3months kung pwede naman every 10km!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonybern19 View Post
    Napannod ko ang video na yan, langya laglag ang montero eh.
    Kung ako pipili between SF and TB, sa SF ako kaso ang pinaka malaking turn off sa kanila ay PMS pero sabi nga ni SG bakit ka susunod sa 5km or 3months kung pwede naman every 10km!
    Eh paano, montero lang ang walang hill start assist, hill descent control, at stability and traction control. Kaya sapul talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    parang nilaglag ang montero sa test.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    How about space? WHich one wins?
    Trailblazer wins in that category.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast