New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

With the price release of Ranger 4x2 AT * 1.119M which is 50K cheaper than Strada, I seems can't find it online the prices of competing variant of Navara, Is the new Ranger the best in this class now? Engine? Comfort? Bed Space? Consumption? Ano piliin nyo? why? pros and cons?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

With the price release of Ranger 4x2 AT * 1.119M which is 50K cheaper than Strada, I seems can't find it online the prices of competing variant of Navara, Is the new Ranger the best in this class now? Engine? Comfort? Bed Space? Consumption? Ano piliin nyo? why? pros and cons?

Thanks!
    To early to tell for now, I guess, without proper review.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Premature pa, Dapat muna makasubok ng diesel natin si all new ranger

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Its better to wait further. We need to wait for some new owners to give their honest comments about the new ranger. At 1.5 tons load capacity im still contemplating if this would lead to more harsh ride compared to the previous/present ranger. AFAIK, the price for the navara 4x2 A/T is still at 1.16M

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Subscribing.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Guys,

Thanks!
    With it's current specs, the Ranger is at the bottom part of the ring in the performance department since only the base 150hp 2.2L is being brought here by July. Without proper reviews we can only assume... But I would be inclined to believe that the 2.2M/T variant of the Ranger would be top notch in the fuel efficiency department.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Isn't the mid-level Navara also just 140+ hp? As far as I know, it's only the more expensive variants that are 174 hp. But I'm not sure.

-

The Ford 2.2 is definitely not going to be as powerful as the Strada 2.5, but how bad that lack of power will be... we don't know. We won't know till we drive it later this year.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Yep, mid boost lang yun 4x2 and brute with 144ps/356nm but with a little investment of 25 centavos you can bring up the boost even higher than the 4x4 high end variant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How safe is fiddling with the wastegate, given that the ECU and pump aren't prepped for the extra boost? You may be looking at long term damage by doing that.

I'd rather go at re-chipping to ensure the fuel tables are adjusted for the extra power. And perhaps the same can be done with the Ranger, as well.

The Strada was already a great pick in the segment even before they got the 178 hp VGT versions. Top end power isn't everything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nope, theres nothing to do with the wastegate at all. Both said variant share the same fuel pump and turbo unit, the only difference is the ecu. Its simple as finding the right wire to trick out the signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2012 Ranger 4x2 AT vs Strada 4x2 AT vs Navara