New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guys,

Which is a better buy if you are a previous owner of the SF (PRE FL)

Here is my observation between the two.

2013 Santa Fe (KDM unit from PITSTOP),

I felt that the driver side is still the same in terms of size.. Feeling ko nuong pag upo ko, parang walang pinagkaiba sa lumang SF.. Then, I was so annoyed by the Korean character inside the car...

2012 Kia Sorento

since this is a cousin of the 2nd gen SF.. Feeling ko, para lang ako nag palit ng kaha.. Kung baga sa tao, nagpalit ka lang ng damit.. nothing change..

Kayo guys, what's your take...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2013 Santa Fe. It's newer.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Sorento's third row is slightly more cramped due to the roofline and the seat position. Otherwise, they're basically identical in terms of space.

The Sorento is sportier. Every generation of Santa Fe I've driven has been softer. This is basically down to the market position and specific tuning of the two. The Santa Fe is tuned for a softer ride, but it has more body roll. The Sorento is tuned for better corner carving through thicker anti-roll bars, but the springs and shocks are still soft and supple. You will only notice the difference in ride over single wheel bumps and potholes. On the highway, they feel similar.

Unless you like sporty driving, the difference doesn't matter. Pick the deal that gives you more of the toys you want and looks the way you want.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i can not comment on the new 2013 santa fe but i can compare the 2009 gen 2 santa fe and the 2012 sorento.

the sorento has a firmer ride (as said by niky) so you feel the bumps a little bit more (but not much) and there is less lean on corners. as for head room, i could go into both driver/front passenger and 2nd row seats of the santa fe gen 2 without bumping my head, not so with the sorento because it sits lower. i have to be conscious when entering less i hit my head on the roof. but once seated head room is ok, same as the santa fe. that lower stance made all the difference. i am 5'9", maybe this will be more of a problem for taller guys. also on the santa fe my kids needed a step board but not so on the sorento as it sits lower so it is pointless to have a stepboard. interior space is the same (note: can't comment on the 3rd row, my sorento has none).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm leaning toward to the sf since its new. However, I'm just getting some more input regarding the sorento.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bakit parang wala kang gusto? Explorer nalang.

Kidding aside, Santa Fe. It's newer and it definitely looks a lot better than the Sorento.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama santa fe ka na lang para konti lang sorento sa daan

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Santa Fe... but it may become as ubiquitous as the monty and the forty

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dindop View Post
    Santa Fe... but it may become as ubiquitous as the monty and the forty
    I don't think so.. The price of the new Santa Fe is high. 1.7M for the CRDi 2WD A/T, masyado mahal yun.

Kasi sa Montero, as low as 1.1M meron ka na. Fortuner naman 1.3M meron ka na rin. Kaya dumami. Kasama na rin na mas marami parin gusto Toyota / Mitsubishi.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ako gusto ko din yan bago SF eh, kaya LNG if I get 1, that would mean I need to sell my 2nd gen, eh gusto gusto ko din yun

Kayo ba kaya nyo mag-own ng previous and current generation ng same brand model car

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2012 Kia Sorento vs 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe