New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Now that the 2nd fortuner facelift is out, which would you pick among the 2 SUV's?

I know there are a lot of threads regarding this 2 SUV's, but i just want to know your comments & inputs on the
    respective "Top of The Line" variants of each latest model.

• Engine Performance
    • Suspension & Driving Comfort
    • Car Features

What i like on the new 3.0V Fortuner
    New front design :thumbup: , except the new tail lights :down:

What i like on the Montero Sport GTV
    Paddle shifters & Touch screen info display.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Engine Performance: 3.0V, gotta give it to the 1KD-FTV for its superior torque delivery across the rpm band.
    Suspension & Driving Comfort: GTV for now. There are some reports saying that the tweaked suspension of the Fortuner puts it on par with the Montero though I wouldn't count on it yet.
    Car Features: GTV, you get paddle shifters, 5spd AT, LCD HU.

Real downside with the GTV or any Montero for that matter is the cramped 2nd row bench, barely three people can fit comfortably. The looks are personal but I find that even the first-gen Fortuner ages better than the Montero.

Fortuner is what I would choose. I actually like the design of the Montero Sport, but the Fortuner seems to have a better driveline.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on what you want. The Fortuner should do better on low end grunt or hauling/towing purposes due to the wider torque plateau but the Montero would be better on top end speed and fuel economy. But the Fortuner is still jittery the last time I rode one (2010 2.5D4D) and it was fully loaded.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Fort for me....

since I already have a montero sport.....

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    Fort for me....

since I already have a montero sport.....
    Its like saying you choosed the montero sport to be the better SUV because before you bought it im sure you choosed between
    the two. Right now you choosed the fortuner coz you already have the Montero

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I know a guy who owns 3 monteros,a kia soul, a mazda 3, a swift,a BMW 1 series, a vios a current model and early 2000s Rav4.

I was wonderin why 3?

There must be something in a Montero he just can't get enough of

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by S-U-V View Post
    Its like saying you choosed the montero sport to be the better SUV because before you bought it im sure you choosed between
    the two. Right now you choosed the fortuner coz you already have the Montero
    Not really, I really don't care which is better.... i just like the looks of the montero since it is quite new back then....

I like the new fortuner since it looks different and new..... the only turnoff would be the the tail lights and the head unit for me....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I know a guy who owns 3 monteros,a kia soul, a mazda 3, a swift,a BMW 1 series, a vios a current model and early 2000s Rav4.

I was wonderin why 3?

There must be something in a Montero he just can't get enough of
    LOL * bold.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I also know a politician who bought 3 Montero Sport GTV , as a back up vehicles

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
2012 Fortuner 3.0V vs Montero Sport GTV